“Loved the green tomato relish”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anglers Restaurant

Anglers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Loved the green tomato relish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

First time in the area and I fell in love with the Mountain View winding roads and beautiful rivers. We ate here about 6 PM on Saturday night. It took a while to get waited on but we were not in a hurry. It would have been great to be outside on the patio but it was so hot that day! The flies are bad even inside since the door is opened often for people to go outside. We had catfish, shrimp and crab cakes. The crab cakes were not good. The catfish was super. Fries were crispy. Loved the hushpuppies and I could have eaten a bowl of the green tomato relish all by myself. The place was packed so that tells you something!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank txfrmgrl

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good restaurant, but food needs a bit of improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a long 2 1/2 ride to the caves our crew was famished. We settled for Anglers. There were 6 in our party and we were there on a Sunday around 6 pm. It wasn't crowded at all, but as we were finishing up, more peeps tricked in. The view of the river is quite nice, especially if you sit right next to the window. Everyone working there were very friendly, including our waitress. Bathrooms clean. I had to use the men's since the women's had a long line (just one stall). It was clean. I would give the place another star, but since it's part of a fishing resort, I expected a little bit more, I guess. I ordered the trio ($17). I got 2 pieces of catfish, 2 crab cakes, 2 hush puppies, beans, coleslaw and instead of 4 shrimp, I got 3. The waitress was very kind and apologetic and packed that missing shrimp in my to go box. No biggie. The catfish was ok, dried about 1 cm around the entire edge, very little moist meat, since the pieces were quite small. My crab cakes were deep fried, not really what I expected, but they were not totally bland, just very crusty, I'd say. Salad bar was clean and fresh, but 2.99 extra. Overall, we all enjoyed hanging out in a bright, cool restaurant. If we are in the area, I'll try another local join before going back to Anglers. But, I wouldn't discourage anyone going. Maybe your catfish will be cooked less and you'll get bigger pieces. And your shrimp might not wander off somewhere :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank seasonsmom7
Clarendon
“Food was very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were told the food was good here. They were right. It was good. I really liked the onion rings. I would definitely eat here again.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Schoolblues
“Not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I had steak & shrimp w/Cajun parm sauce.... steak was tough and had no seasoning on it all u could taste was blood ..sauce nothing special no spice to it ...shrimp was old.... Sadly it was one of the better restaurants we ate at

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kristi B
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lunch was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Angler was recommended to us by the place where we stayed, but as we drove out, we noticed that the billboards said "Steakhouse" and "Private Club". I was with my granddaughter, so we weren't looking for a steak or a bar and I was a bit concerned, but she had head that it was on the water and really wanted to check it out. Yes, you have to have a membership - but it's free, and they had plenty of other items to choose from.

I had a grilled chicken salad, and my grandgirl had a burger. Both were great! We sat out on the deck and really enjoyed being right at the water.

Don't hesitate to give this place a shot. The servers were great, the service wonderful, and so was the food.

They had very tempting, beautiful looking desserts, but we didn't try those. Maybe you should!

• Visited June 2014