“our honeymoon week we stayed there, they are very nice,considerate”
Review of Dogwood Motel

Dogwood Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 22 April 2012

we really enjoyed our time there. they were great to us. didnt want to go home at all. they are very sweet people.

Room Tip: room number 25, is a great room. pretty pictures and great showers too. very clean
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Leonard B

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Was a bargain. And like others said, it takes you back to earlier days. My husband left his hearing aids in the room. They were turned in at the front desk and when we called 4 days later, after figuring out where they were, they were very courteous and are sending them back to us. How often does that happen? THANK YOU!

• Stayed: January 2012
10  Thank moonlake68
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The good. The room was clean. AC worked fine. Hot water. The manager, and his wife, were very friendly. Pool was clean. Other clients seemed clean and safe.

The bad. The room had damage on ceiling. The furniture was old and in need of repair. The tv was small. The shower head was old and seemed difficult to adjust. My biggest complaint is that the towels are very poor quality (the owners could replace them for a nominal cost and I believe guest would be very appreciative). The bed was not comfortable. It had a lump in the middle.

If you need to stay dirt cheap, this is probably the best of the cheap hotels. If you can spend twenty more, go find another option.

With all that said, we needed to stay cheap and stayed 2 nights. So although I would not want to recommend this hotel to friends, it was fine for us. We are NOT hard to please.

I fear others might "nit pick" this hotel to death.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank stew2u
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Though the motel is older, and lacks amenities, I would recommend it. It is very clean, which is the most important thing, and the owners/managers care about the guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank myzrx1200
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We regulary stay here on our trips here to Mtn View.
I dropped some money out of my pocket when registering.
Later in the day I realized I'd lost it when I pulled my eye
glasses from my shirt pocket.. When we got back to the
motel I walked in the door and they asked if I'd dropped
some money as they found it on the floor after I'd checked in.
Good honest people.
Rooms are always clean, the area is quite, pool is always
inviting and the service is excellent.
This motel is an asset to the Mountain View area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rmr3599
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Take a step back in time with this gem. Our rooms were large enough, clean and comfortable and the price is right. Pool in the middle of the horseshoe of rooms is the finishing touch, although it was closed for the season - it was way too cold to swim anyway. No amenities to speak of, just a decent room, clean adequate bathroom and a TV. This is my kind of place and will return.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rodeguys
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We have stayed here twice now and each time the room was clean and the beds comfortable. The people running the motel are friendly. We either camp or motel
it each time we visit Mt View and this motel is the better value motel in the area.
This has become our favorite place to stay in Mt. View now. We visit on the average
of 6 times a year to hear the Bluegrass music downtown.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Heber Springs
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#3 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Dogwood Motel? Share your experiences!