“local cafe in the shopping center”
Review of PJ's Rainbow Cafe

PJ's Rainbow Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good food, good service, nice atmosphere, dusty collections at front of store, nice antique cookie jars for sale, Elvis Presley decor in ladies restaurant. Clean facilities. Good price....enjoyable dining.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food was good and hot. Prices were fair and reasonable. Waitress was friendly and helpful. The Elvis stuff impressed my wife. Best food we found outside our Bed & Breakfast.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We tried this place based on it being the #1 restaurant in Mtn View. In my opinion, it was just average. We seemed to have a server that never wanted to check on us. We had to keep asking other waiters or go & stand by the kitchen when we needed something. We arrived right after breakfast stopped & my son really wanted a waffle or pancake but they insisted that they couldn't do that. The food was ok--I would eat it again but we didn't have much that was extraordinary.

1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I love to eat at this place. The breakfast has all the favorites and I never leave hungry. The lunch special are a good value but being able to get breakfast anytime makes this place special.
As of my last visit they still only except cash and checks no debit or credit cards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Rainbow has been a favorite breakfast spot for me for years. They always have a few breakfast specials on a chalkboard and one always seems to be an omelet. Their menu has some unique breakfast items too. Service is prompt and friendly. The only problem is that it is impossible for me to predict when they are open. Like MANY Mountain View establishments, they tend to close on Sundays and holidays and other odd days. MV can be very frustrating, since it is supposed to be a tourist destination.

3  Thank Rahrlebob