“No I did NOT just see that!”
Review of Kin Folks BBQ

Kin Folks BBQ
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone No. 870-269-9188
Description: Phone No. 870-269-9188
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We visited Mountain View for the day to take in the springs in the Blanchard Springs Caverns park area and the Saturday night music scene around the Mountain View Court House Square. During our meandering from gazebo to gazebo that evening, we stopped for ice cream at Kin Folks BBQ. They were busy, as expected, and the wait was reasonable. After I placed my order for two scoops of ice cream (i had learned earlier when purchasing my boys' shakes that scoops don't take as long), I saw one of the servers rinse his fingers in the ice cream scoop sink. I thought...oh my goodness, that's a health hazard!!! I sort of froze in place questioning whether or not that's what really happened right before my eyes...and anyone else's that was standing in the window. I regret not asking for a refund and to speak with the manager. Luckily, we did not become ill after that experience but I felt it was important to bring that to someone's attention. Please be vigilant if you choose to patronize this establishment...if they will do that in front of the customers, what happens where we cannot see??

Reviewed 20 January 2011

My wife was getting her hair done and one of the stylists brought in the lasagna lunch special from Kin Folks. She called and asked me to order us one for our lunch. The serving of lasagna was enormous and very tasty. It came with salad, bread and dessert. It was large enough for us to share. What a pleasant surprise to know that they make lasagna that tastes this good. The owners are very friendly and accomodating. It is well worth a stop at Kin Folks when you are in Mountain View.