“Excellent”

Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Skillet Restaurant at the Ozark Folk Center State Park is nestled atop a wooded Ozark hill. Large windows in the glass-enclosed, natural cedar and stone dining room frame the view of the surrounding butterfly garden. Featuring wildlife feeding stations and a water garden, it is frequented by birds, raccoons, foxes, and an occasional bear. While taking in this natural scenery outside, enjoy the tasty Southern country menu, weekend buffets, and numerous Herbal Event Meals designed around recipes by special, guest gourmet foods experts. Our herbal events highlight the use of Fresh Herbs and native plants in their preparation. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and served daily throughout the regular season. During the off-season, the restaurant opens for specific holidays, special events, and groups. Satisfy your hunger for traditional, Southern country fare, accented by enticing contemporary menu items, here at the Skillet Restaurant.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I went here on our last day of our vacation for breakfast. I have had stomach surgery so I was really limited in what I could eat. When we came in the host was very warm and friendly and apologized because we had a to wait for just a couple of minutes because she was serving another customer. There was a large crowd on one side of the restaurant and she told me that she was going to set us on the side so we wouldnt be close to the loud crowd (family reunion) She immediately told us about the breakfast bar and the price was only 7.99 which to me is very affordable. I had to order offer the menu since I can only have soft food so I ordered the Grits and my husband got the breakfast bar. My husband LOVED the food on the bar as it was hot and freshed. I was served my Grits (wasnt a long wait) and they arrived steaming. I have to admit those where some of the best grits I have had. I look forward to coming back to Mountain View and I will be eating here again.

1  Thank Lisa B

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We live about an hour away, and this is a must stop when we have out of town visitors. As always, the food was great, even if they seem to over serve. (Portions too big) This seem to be the habit in the area. Have never been displeased with the service or food. Will be back....

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Passed. Through Mtn view Tuesday the 17th, they were very busy but still managed to treat my family as they were the only guests in the place, that's something you don't find just anywhere!!!! Rangers were helping manager took time to speak with us! Great place to eat,,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I shared a huge breakfast plate and still had leftovers. Our son had the breakfast buffet, which had a great variety of items. Everything was tasty, and we enjoyed watching the squirrels play outside as we ate.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Price, service, food were all good. We were there for a late breakfast - wife had the buffet, I ordered from the menu. Fast, friendly service with eggs cooked as ordered. It was fun watching the squirrels feeding outside and listening to a little child laugh at them. Be prepared to walk up some stairs from the parking lot.

1  Thank louieinNorthRichland