“Not for city folk”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Angler's White River Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stay here if you are little desperate or REALLY like fishing.
Ok. If I was a strapping buck of a man from the Ozarks who needed a place too lay his head after a good day of hunting and fishing with his buddies, I bet this place would be swell. But...I am the opposite of a country man, I am a city woman with my boyfriend that was in need of a place to stay since all the BnBs in town were booked and we wanted to hear some mountain music. The room that we had for $80 was small, outdated, a little dirty (like the tile was dirty and the shower curtain and the window sill was dirty and the patio, stairs, and outdoor hallways had tons of leaves, cobwebs and some trash) but the sheets were soft and seemed clean and there were no hairs in the shower or sink. The room had been vacuumed and it did not smell at all. The lake was there though not a beautiful one, just a small lake under a bridge. The one big benefit that I liked about this place was that when I arrived I found out that Mountain View is a "dry county" and that it so happens that Anglers is the only place that serves beer because they pretend to be a private club by having you fill out a form when you order a beer. It was a relief in that sense. And the staff was extreamly nice.

Room Tip: Tip: they do not supply shampoo here and the wifi does not work in the rooms, just the restaurant, w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2012

After looking online for a place to stay in Mountain View, I finally decided on this property. When I contacted the resort over the telephone I was advised that it wasn't a five star property, but they had five star service.Unfortunately, they did not live up to that statement. I booked the cabin which is located next to the store/restaurant.We arrived on July 27, 2012 and checked out on July 31. The cabin is very small and cramped and the bathroom (especially the shower) is extremely small. But worse than being small, the cabin was not very clean. The floors had MAYBE been quickly swept before we checked in (although that is questionable), but they surely were not mopped. The cabin had two window unit air conditioners. Both were full of dust and I quickly realized that the filters had not been cleaned in sometime. I had to clean both filters so that the units would work more efficiently (it was 100 degrees while we were there). There were a couple of rugs in the cabin (one in bedroom and one in bathroom) and both needed to be vaccumned. When we needed clean towels, I had to ask for them. We used the bathroom floor towel (which we placed over the filthy rug) and it was never picked up during our stay. I was under the impression that the cabin would be cleaned and refreshed with towels, just as a hotel room would be, but I was wrong. The grounds of the facility were not kept up very well. The grass had been mowed, but apparently they don't do weedeating there. One morning we woke up and did not have any hot water. The cabin is tied into the store/restaurant hot water heater and someone had left the hot water running all night. We were given a key to one of the motel rooms to use the shower. On a positive note, the employees in the store/restaurant were very nice.

Room Tip: Don't choose the cabin if you are looking for space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lorriwal
Reviewed 28 June 2012

For my husband's 40th bday, I took him to Mtn View for trout fishing in May of this year. Right before our trip the river had been down and fishing had been bad so I called the resort to confirm our reservations and check on the fishing and no one would answer. We called during there business hours and left 2 messages. Finally after several attempts in 24 hrs we had someone answer and tell us everything was good. Apparently there was a miscommunication and we didn't get the Deluxe King room but the econo motel room. I asked if we would have a river view and was assured that all rooms had a view. We went out on the porch but couldn't see the river for the 7ft high weeds. The porch was filthy with bugs and grass. You couldn't sit on the bench because it was in front of the AC unit and blew out hot air. I'm just thankful we had AC! I can deal with not so fancy rooms but you could tell it hasn't had a good spring cleaning in a while! At least the bed sheets looked clean and judging from the towels they don't keep fabric softener in stock. The bathroom was so small my husband had to leave the door open so his elbows would have a place to go while standing at the sink. I'm 5' 1" and had to lean down in the shower to get my hair wet. Luckily the food in the restaurant wasn't bad and the staff was friendly. Sunday morning the crowd slowed down at the restaurant so the owner went around with a toy and was killing flys on the tables. The guided trout fishing trip saved our trip though! Jason is a wonderful guide and we highly recommend him! After fishing on the river and having lunch we were ready to rest in our room. It was after 4 and our room had still not been cleaned. While we were resting someone knocked on our door and gave us some towels. We made our bed. Then we had to track someone down that evening for toilet paper.!

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay at Anglers, make sure you get a room upstairs or you will be kept up all ni...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clj1962
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We decided (last minute) to visit Mountain View with our 2 children to tour the Blanchard Springs Caverns. I called the resort to reserve one of the 'deluxe" rooms. I know this is a fishing resort, and did not expect 4 star quality, but I did expect better service. When I made the reservation, I was not told the desk (which is in a convenience store/restaurant) would be closing at any particular hour. We decided to go to the caverns before checking in (at 3 pm), and it was almost 6 by the time we got to the hotel. They left a note taped to the front door with our name on the outside letting us know the room was open and where it was. You would think this would me the door is unlocked- not standing wide open. We were having an unusually warm spell for March, and it was over 80 degrees outside. The air was running full blast with the door open, and the room was very hot. We decided to run back into town to eat since the restaurant was closed (big bummer because the food is great!), and thought the room would cool down while we were gone. NOPE- the air conditioner was not blowing cold air at all. We checked the bedside brochure and it mentioned what to do in case the air didn't work, and we followed the directions with no luck. There was also a note in the brochure that stated basically not to call them if the store was closed because this is a family business and they are off work if the store is not open. Call only in emergencies. Then there was the issue of no curtains on the windows. Windows that were next to the stairwell, and the family next to us thought it was appropriate to look in those windows every time they walked by. I figured they had taken the blinds down for cleaning and forgot to put them back- no biggie, I just hung up a sheet. At checkout the following morning, I let the lady at the counter know the air was broken and all I got was, "I'll let 'em know." Then I asked if there were supposed to be curtains. She looked at me like I had just sprouted a turnip off my face, "no. there's a valance on those windows. Why would you need curtains?" I was not expecting a discount on our stay (but it would have been nice), but I did think an apology for a hot night was in order. We chalked it up to a lesson learned, and will never stay there again. We will go back to the B&B in town next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Staci C
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I must start out this by writing that the person who helped us with our reservation and who helped us after we arrived was really nice. Her name is Elaine, I believe. She was very helpful and provided wonderful customer service. She was really a "one-man (or woman) show." She did everything, it appeared. Took the reservations and ran the store next to the motel. Mountain View, AR is a beautiful place. All the people we met there were extremely friendly! The motel itself is situated within several yards of the White River--a beautiful location. We were unable to stay in the lodge area, which is attached to the store and restaurant. We stayed in the older, unattached motel section. It was old, with a few rickety floor boards. Details were not important to the cleaning staff, it seems. All I can say is that is was not very clean. There were dead bugs on the floor, which was very old carpet. Under the bed we found old clothes that had been stuffed there. There were no odors and no smell of dust. And that was appreciated, since our family has allergies. But we could tell there was grime and dirt in the corners, nooks, crannies (especially the bathroom) and we were not sure about some of the stains on the bedding. Small (12in) tv, with limited cable, but enough for our needs. Bathroom was very small, with toilet not fastened well to the floor. It rocked a bit. However, it was inexpensive (about $71 per night) and the people and activities around the area and Mt. View were really great. When we reported the clothes under the bed, a waitress from the restaurant/store came over and got them from under the bed. We were not there for the fishing or the fishing guides. We were there to get away from the city and spend some quality time together. And that's what we did. We did not focus on the room. We were able to focus on each other and our shared activities away from phones, offices and computers and computer games. It was the get-away and the people of Anglers and Mt.View that made this trip and the motel well worth our trouble.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms in the lodge--attached to the store. They may be nicer than what we had.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasTraveler0261
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I don't know where to start. We got the all inclusive 3night/2day package. Our guide Jason Brown got us literally hundreds of trout and hundreds of stories. If he wasn't picky about our catch we would have hit our limit in less than an hour. He's got some friends that guide too but why mess with perfection. As far as the resort, don't go here on a diet. There wasn't a minute I didn't wish I had a tapeworm. The resort's food was awesome and plentiful. Our package included breakfast on days they weren't even open to the public and they went ahead and made fresh biscuits, fresh gravy, and fresh grits. I ordered ham and it was the size of a porterhouse. As far as the shore lunch, awesome and huge. They made some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. The motel part was a little small for 3 grown men but we opted for the loft on the 2nd and 3rd nights and it was perfect. Our TV was only 17" (it was Sunday and Monday night football) but the scenery was 500'. Just make sure you have enough whiskey and beer. The county is DRY.(at no fault to Angler's). I go to Lake Kabetogama in northern Minnesota every year for walleye, but this is so much better and I will come back to Angler's. Every F.I.B. should stay here. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!

Room Tip: Go for the loft if there is more than 2 and your not married.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This is our third fishing trip through Angler's with guide, Dean Harmon. He is absolutely the best guide in our eyes! We always catch fish with him, no matter the weather!! He is professional and courteous in every way, and goes above and beyond his duties as a guide. We look forward to returning in the fall to fish with Dean!! J. Doyle and M. Perry

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#2 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Angler's White River Resort? Share your experiences!