“Not my idea of a resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Angler's White River Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Not my idea of a resort”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Thank goodness we only booked one night! First the good: the location on the creek is beautiful for playing in the water or letting kids fish. It was also pet friendly. Beyond that I would go somewhere else. We stayed in a "modular" cabin. When I turned back the sheets they did not appear freshly washed. The towels and face cloths were "soured" The AC control was either off or on So any idea i had of enjoying the birds chirping was forgotten Heavy curtains that couldn't be pulled back easily covered every window. This was more like a cave than a resort. The outside furniture was high bar stools without tables. The price was high for the area at over $100/night. When I told the clerk at checkout about sheets and towels she just shrugged and said she would mention it! The worst was the poor stray dog on the property which came around when we walked our dog. It was Scratching with mange but not taken care of by management. All in all not the mountain getaway I had hoped to find and needless to say we will return to the area but never to this "resort."

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Lemonadelady

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Angler's Resort in April as part of a motorcycle trip through the Ozark Mountains. We stayed in the motel part of the resort. They also have cabins and lofts available. The room was reasonably priced and in the perfect location. We were on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the White River. For travelers from Wisconsin, it was the perfect location for a spring trip. It was gorgeous! The room was a bit dated and a little small with two double beds, but was adequate for our two-night stay. The room was clean and well-maintained. The beds were firm and comfortable. There was limited storage for clothing. A lot of our stuff ended up on the floor.

One of the attractions for staying here was the access to a little store and a nice restaurant with a deck overlooking the river. The restaurant has one of the few liquor licenses in the county, which is dry. The food was good and they have a nice salad bar. The wait staff are nice and attentive, but seemed to lack training. Things were a bit disorganized at times and they would get confused about orders and who they were serving. We ate at this restaurant both nights we were there. Unfortunately, they were not open for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jay B
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a wonderful family reunion at Anglers Holiday resort. The entire staff were great and very accommodating to our family. I would highly recommend Anglers for a peaceful, enjoyable stay. I will gladly book there again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank silvergrannylinda
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stopped by Anglers for dinner with my husband and friends last weekend and it was great. The food was cooked to order the atmosphere was great as well as the waitstaff. We had the grouper and it was so good we will deffiently be going back soon. The waitress Nicki took good care of us even though are group was quite demanding and kept he running, the manager checked on us a few times and gave us his card and told us to call if he could be of any assistance during our stay. reading some of the other reviews makes me wonder if they were at the same restaurant as we were ? or maybe there just used to fast food and complaining to get a free meal wherever they go.

Room Tip: go with the fresh seafood
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quiteacatch
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I had dinner here and were very disappointed. The wait staff was not terribly friendly. We both ordered steak, which was cooked perfectly but was incredibly tough. The worst part of our experience was listening to the treatment of the people sitting behind us. The ladies behind us complained that the steak tips they had ordered were too tough to chew. Instead of the waitress offering to fix the problem, she argued with the guests and basically told them they didn't know how meat should taste. Another server came over to continue the arguing. The ladies wanted to pay for their bread and sides, but have the meat taken off their bill. They were repeatedly offered another dish. Finally the manager came over to continue arguing with the guests. He told them that restaurant policy was to cook another meal rather than refund money. Why on earth would it make sense to get another poorly cooked meal?! Those poor ladies left hungry and out the entire amount for their badly cooked dinner! Where's Gordon Ramsey when you need him?!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hobbes2013
Here-F1shy-F1shy, Owner at Angler's White River Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I am sorry that you had a bad experience at our resort. I can assure you that this will be passed on to the rest of the management team.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I made a reservation 2 months ahead of time to arrive on a Sat and leave on a Sun. I confirmed with a CC and received my confirmation number. A few days later I get a call and I was told I could not have my room that weekend for one night it would have to be a min of 2 nights. I explained I could not make it more than 1 night and I was not paying double for just one night after I already had a reservation made with them. The excuse was they had a new person and the new person did not know the policy for that weekend and they were sorry but unless I wanted to pay for 2 nights even if I was only staying for one my reservation would be canceled.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jay C
Sorry that you were not able to stay. Unfortunately, on Labor Day weekend we have a minimum number of nights for you to stay. I apologize for the inconvenience. Your card was not charged and we gave you numerous recommendations to other establishments. We sincerely hope that you found other accommodations and we look forward to you coming and seeing us next time.
Camden, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have been to Angler's a few times to eat. Most recently, we sat outside with a couple of friends and enjoyed the nice deck overlooking the White River. The service was great even though they were busy on a Sat. night. Our waitress was very attentive and we kept her hopping. My husband ordered the catfish dinner and said it was very good. I ordered the lobster ravioli on special and it was really disappointing. When the waitress billed it as fresh, homemade pasta dough stuffed with spinach, cheese and lobster, I was definitely tempted and gave in, but it was probably a mistake to believe a catfish and steak place in AR could do a good lobster ravioli when I have been to Maine numerous times and know what good lobster tastes like. Anyway, the pasta was very tough, almost inedible. The filling was bland and the lobster had no taste and there were bits of shell in a few of my ravioli. Overall, it was not good, but I didn't send it back for time's sake. When you dine with a toddler, you try to speed things up, not slow it down. I ate what I could of it, and actually the tomato cream sauce was good, but it was a disappointing dish. I should have went with my instincts and got the mushroom swiss burger! My friends enjoyed their steak and fish! It is probably best to keep it simple!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bodacious_Ol
I am sorry that you did not like our daily special of the lobster ravioli. We try new things all the time as specials. Some stick and some do not. We are glad that the rest of your group enjoyed the other items on our menu. I hope that you come back and see us again. We have a lot of variety on our menu.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Dogwood Motel
Dogwood Motel
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square

Been to Angler's White River Resort? Share your experiences!