“What A Great Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Mountain View B&B and Inns
Mansfield
“What A Great Getaway”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This was the 3rd time we have stayed at Country Oaks Bed and Breakfast and it was, once again, AWESOME! Folks, this is the place to stay. Very clean rooms, very beautiful gardens to walk in, great fishing lake(catch and release), great food and Jerry and Carole are gracious hosts.
We plan on going back again for our 39th wedding anniversary. This is the "IN" place to stay in all of Stone and Baxter Counties. Thanks, Jerry and Carole, for another memorable stay. We loved it!

Room Tip: Love the Grandma Room in the Carriage House--large and inviting. Also, the other rooms are great als...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dubber72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I came across Country Oaks B&B by blind luck. It was quite the find. Things I really liked:

The Setting - Surroundings are absolutely beautiful. I was here in early November while the fall foliage was still pretty spectacular. Mountains loom in the immediate vicinity. Trees cover the B&B's expansive grounds. Walking trails abound. There's a small lake in front of the main building with inviting chairs and loungers for chats and relaxation.

The buildings - There's a feeling of roominess and leisure. Two large buildings house various B&B rooms. There are parlors, living rooms, reading rooms. The common areas are large, inviting, and tastefully decorated. I was given Grandma's room. It was large, nicely furnished without going over the top, had a large bathroom with shower. I never had the sense of being crowded or intrusive. The layout is very well planned.

The breakfast - Yum. The morning meal is served at a set time for all guests, providing the opportunity to mingle and share suggestions for the area with other guests. Portions were generous and the servings clean-your-plate good.

Mountain View - This little town has lots of charm and personality. It's a great place to explore, enjoy a meal, take in some music, partake of ice cream pleasures at the old fashioned soda shop.

I'm not particularly big on just sitting around and relaxing while on holiday. However I found Country Oaks to be the perfect place for taking it easy. My why-does-this-have-to-end moment: I had been on a walk along the grounds with one of the resident dogs and returned to the main house. I sat in one of many chairs along the porch and smiled as the lakes' waters glistened in the slight breeze. Marbles the cat jumped up, nestled in my lap, and curled into the nap position. I'm sitting there with a purring cat, entranced by the firey red and brilliant yellow leaves of trees dotting the surrounding mountains. Nothing but me, Marbles, and God's beauty all around us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BUBear
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We went to Country Oaks B&B for a three night stay and loved it. The Oak room was roomy, well decorated, clean and comfortable. The breakfast were delicious and I loved Jerry's fruit smoothies.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Just back from a great weekend in Mountain View where we stayed at the Country Oaks B&B. It was the perfect base for enjoying the annual artisan/artist studio tour in Stone County. Carole and Jerry are gracious hosts and their B&B is an excellent. We stayed in the Miss Kitty room which had splendid views of Dodd Mountain. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean, and I loved the big bathtub in the roomy bathroom. Breakfast with the other guests was a bonus as we picked up many tips that helped us organize our studio tours.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Country Oaks can be whatever you might want it to be. It is a perfect retreat for some quiet time or a base for exploring Mountain View and its culture of music. There's a small lake for fishing, a wonderful wraparound porch for reading or whatever, and a huge lawn full of towering oak trees. The bedrooms are spacious and will not disappoint. The owners have created a real haven. They make you feel very welcome.
As we were walking out the door on our last trip, another guest was getting into his car. He looked at us and said that he hated to leave and that it was like leaving family.
My husband and I readily agreed. We have stayed here several times since 1999. We will come back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our first trip to Mountain View and Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast! We only stayed one night but could have stayed more if time permitted...driving down the lane we had a beautiful view of the pond and immediately wished we were staying longer to be able to do some fishing. We stayed in the Children's Room which was very comfortable and clean. Enjoyed walking the property and looking at the gardens. Breakfast was great and even had tomatoes from the garden! Our hosts, Jerry and Carol were super nice and very friendly! Will definitely return when we can stay longer!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lordylan
Little Rock
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband & I have really demanding schedules so peace, quiet and lack of hassle is an important component of our relaxation travel plans. Mountain View is close enough to home that we can easily drive for a quick weekend away. I selected Country Oaks because of the photos I saw of the grounds - and the catch & release fishing pond!

First up - getting there! Resist the temptation to trust your GPS - they do not work in Mountain View for some mystical reason. We had no trouble finding it thanks to the perfect directions provided on their website! First impression as we turned off the highway was simply "Oh!" The grounds are beautiful! Over the course of the weekend, I walked around a bit and at every turn was greated by a beautiful planned view. It is evident that someone with a strong vision for the future laid out the landscaping. I was even more impressed when I learned that when the owners first started building the property was just a vacant piece of pastureland. Early risers will appreciate being able to catch the sunrise over the pond from the rocks that look like God just dropped them in place!

We stayed in the "Kitty Room" in the Main house. The house is beautiful and really looks as if it has "always" been in just this spot! Inside the attention to design and construction details are evident everywhere you look. Each room features a different decor theme - cutesy stuff that doesn't do much for me cause I'm not into home decor but I did appreciate the application of the theme - all the way down to the Kitty on our door key! Huge room overlooking the back of the property. Fabulous windows to be able to enjoy the view - I love being able to open the windows to listen to the birds sing - a couple were tough to open but that goes with living in a climate that changes by the hour sometimes. A rocker/recliner was provided so I could enjoy reading into the night in comfort with a nice bright reading light too! The bed was quite comfortable - very firm and lots of pillows. Individually controlled room A/C was great as was the ceiling fan.

The bathroom is gigantic! The soaking tub is a real delight! In addition to the soaking tub, there is a nice shower - we enjoyed excellent water pressure and adequate hot water.

It was my understanding that both days we were there, they were full but you would never have known it. The place is just so spacious - most of the time, you felt like you were the only people there!

Breakfast both days was tasty. I was a little curious to see how that turned out because of some previous reviews but put your mind at ease. Food is presented buffet style so if you get a hearty appetite at the front of the line I suppose a dish might run out but our hosts were right there and I'm sure they would have taken excellent care of every guest without missing a beat!

Owners Carole and Jerry are lovely and engaging people. They incorporate their support of the locale Humane Society by providing soft drinks/coffee/cookies for guests to enjoy and help out by leaving a donation if you wish. Cookbooks, specialty soaps and a variety of jams and jellies are available for purchase as well. I can hardly wait to try the Baked Apricots!

While Mountain Home is probably not a "foodies" dream destination there are lots of tasty lunch and dinner options available. Carole offered lots of great suggestions - be sure to get directions to the Timbo Dairy Bar - delicious and a beautiful drive!
All in all, we enjoyed our stay ever so much and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Sewing & Kitty Rooms have nice sunset views!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dogwood Motel
Dogwood Motel
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square

Been to Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!