“Relaxing with good folks!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Mountain View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
The Inn at Mountain View
Ranked #2 of 11 Mountain View B&B and Inns
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
“Relaxing with good folks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife had been telling me about Mountain View for years and finally we were able to visit this past week end. Every moment was filled with music and fun due to the town, the other guests and most of all the owners Melissa and Kevin who did everything possible to make our visit a good one. The room was clean and very comfortable. The home is very beautiful and well decorated. The breakfast gave us a chance to meet and visit with the other guests and to enjoy a wonderful "country" breakfast. Should we ever return we shall stay with them once again. The Inn is across the street from the park where the musicians gather to play and is just steps away. Great week-end in the Ozarks!!

Room Tip: Dry county, so plan your trip!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wahigle1
Melissa M, Owner at The Inn at Mountain View, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are glad you finally came to Mountain View. The timing was perfect. Because we both got to meet some great folks.

We thank you for your kind review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my first experience
at a B & B. The location is perfect, right next to a park where musicians gather and within easy walking distance to ships and restaurants. The house is uber charming both inside and out. Outside one can relax on one of the many rocking chairs on the porch, wander along a babbling brook, enjoy the gardens,or sit on a comfortable swing and watch frogs, birds and turtles play among lilly pads in a little pond. The inside is charming and most importantly (to me) it is very clean. We stayed two nights and each morning breakfast was generous, had a large variety of foods to choose from and was scrumptious. The owners have put heart and soul into this wonderful place and you feel it from the moment they greet you upon your arrival to the moment they wish you safe travels upon your departure. Lovely experience in every way.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa M, Owner at The Inn at Mountain View, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are glad you stayed with us. Speaking of the bigger pond in the backyard, my husband was cleaning it out one day. I saw a ball at the edge of the pond and bent down to reach for it and lost my footing. I fell in the pond and it was in colder weather and the water was freezing. At the time I knew nothing of frogs being in that pond. But everyday now, I here the biggest {BULLFROG} out there and get chills. I have not seen him yet, but he probably needs a lounge chair and a nap after all the noise he makes. If I had frogs on me that day I came out of the pond, My husband would had to bury me where I lay. All he could do was laugh. What happened in Mountain View doesn't stay in Mountain View, I wanted to share. Thanks so much for your review, I have not told anyone until now about our BACKYARD GUARD FROG.

Thanks so much
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don't think I could imagine a nicer B & B experience! We stayed in the delightful Lilac Room, but peeked in at some of the others. Each is decorated in its own style and all of them look just as cozy and comfortable as ours was. The common rooms are full of antiques and interesting collectibles with the emphasis on an atmosphere of relaxation and a sense of home. The breakfasts were HUGE with choices to please everyone and I loved how we were served family-style with the other guests. We had fun chatting and getting to know them.

The grounds are serenely lovely with a babbling brook, pond, and several nice areas to sit and read, talk, or relax. Our room had a bathroom across the hall which caused us no problems. Everything was as clean, quiet, and well managed. One of the best aspects is the location close to the "action" of this small town, including all of the fiddling and picking in the park right outside the inn's porch or just a few blocks away. That kind of atmosphere is priceless and added so much to our stay.

Kevin and Melissa are hard-working, kind, and welcoming. I found myself really drawn to them because their faith just shines.

Room Tip: The rooms each have their own character, so check the website to help you make your decision.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We have met some really nice people here in town and really nice people that have stayed with us. The atmosphere for you was priceless your review for us is priceless.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here several years back when there were different owners, and I found it to be just as comfortable as last time. Each time I've been in Mountain View for some fiddle tune workshops. This time there was a different group in for a "thumbpicker" convention, and I ended up playing with some of them in the parlor of the the Inn. Mighty good music.

The breakfast was great, particularly the sausage patties and the potatoes. Good stuff. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and reasonable--particularly when compared with the motels that are available in town.

Room Tip: In the upstairs rooms the hot water may take a while to arrive. I would turn on the shower well befo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glad you enjoyed your stay and you heard some really good music. We want to thank you for the nice review. Come again soon.

Thanks Again
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful place right across from the Pickin' Park. Sitting on the porch and listening to the music. The breakfast is very plentiful and tasty. But the real draw is the young couple who own the inn. They are friendly and so helpful. I will stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacksonok
Melissa M, Owner at The Inn at Mountain View, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you. Please stop and stay with us again.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Inn at Mountain View is our place to get-away for a few days but feels like home. Kevin and Melissa are wonderful innkeepers. The rooms are wonderfully decorated and cozy. The breakfast is out of this world and always treats in the parlor for a late night snack with coffee if you like. Just across the yard is the "Picken Park" where you will find people getting together to play and sing folk or bluegrass music. Try The Inn at Mountain View, you will love it!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It brings comfort knowing this feels like home to you. Glad you had a great stay with us. It was good having you here.

Thanks you and come again soon
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We like to stay in B&B as it seems more like staying at home. The Inn is a lovely, big, rambling victorian with lots to curl up in solitude with a book or visit with the other guests. But a B&B is defined in quality by its innkeepers, and Melissa and Kevin are friendly, kind, and very hospitable. Kevin heard us mention we were touring Blanchard Springs Cavern (wonderful, by the way), and called out to find details about a concert there, which he then shared with us. We reserved tickets and found that concert to be the highlight of our trip. We wouldn't even have know about it if Kevin hadn't taken the initiative to look into it. The location is perfect, right on the corner of the town center and within walking of all the downtown shopping and music. We will be back.

Room Tip: Read descriptions carefully. Some have baths in hall. One is an interior room with no windows.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marsha H
Melissa M, Owner at The Inn at Mountain View, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. We are glad your visit with us was pleasing. Hope to see you again real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#3 of 11 in Mountain View
Dogwood Motel
Dogwood Motel
#3 of 6 in Mountain View

Been to The Inn at Mountain View? Share your experiences!