“brightest star in crater of diamonds”

Little Shamrock Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Room #25 newer carpet frig and microwave soft bed clean sheets watch out the plumbing is backwards in the shower Single ground floor non smoking with my pet $55 bucks just minutes from the diamond mine indoor pool odd water feature don't let the neon and strange cabin wood feel scare you off no cookie cutter paintings on these walls owner lives on site

Room Tip: never heard the road had a view of the water feature
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank andy c

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We booked our room over the phone no problems. When we got to the Motel it seemed clean towels were very white so I thought well this is not so bad. Well after unloading things my kiddos took their shoes off and after about 10 minutes their feet were so black from the dirt off the floor and carpet. I went down to the dollar general got some pine sole and a mop went back to the room and had to mop the floors. I was staying in the kitchenette room #1 the fridge was really small but that was ok we managed. The pool was nice and the kiddos loved the slide. Hot water well by the time a person gets used to the cold water then it starts getting warm. Water pressure ummm if that's what you want to call it. Overall Little Shamrock Motel not so bad, however I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Be ready to keep your shoes on the whole time or get a mop and some floor cleaner.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SNG2010
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Bathroom was huge. The water was extremely hot in the shower until I figured out it was opposite that is labeled. The water pressure was better than most hotels. Our room was $78 for 3 people. The room is spacious in #17 with a king and queen size with lots of room to move around. My son loved the pool and small water slide.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank blueeyedcajun28
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The room was a nice size & it was clean.It had a big bathroom. There is an indoor pool with a cool water slide. We stayed in room 31 which didn't have a fridge or microwave which we were told up front. We had trouble connecting to the internet & when I asked the lady at the front desk about it, she said you may have to take your laptop outside to connect. There are no ice machines. You have to go to the office and ask for it and they give you a ziploc bag full. We saw that they had guest laundry, but when we went to use it there was a sign that said the washer works fine but the dryer only works sometimes. Use at your own risk. In the morning when we went to take our showers, there was no hot water. I talked to the lady in the room next door & she also did not have hot water. When I went to check out I told the lady in the office that there was no hot water. She told me that you have to let the water run for a little while. We both took our showers so I told her we let it run for a long time. She then said"Why didn't you say something, we could have fixed it.That shouldn't happen." We didn't have time to wait for a fix anyways. Before I left the office, I saw a sign on the wall that said NO REFUNDS AFTER 20 MINUTES FOR ANY REASON. If you decide to stay there make sure you check everything before your 20 minutes are up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan A
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Our trip took us to Murfreesboro, AR and as we came in late to town we found Little Shamrock Motel. It was a nice motel with large spacious rooms and comfortable beds. They also had nice large bathroom. We only stayed one night as we camped at Crater of Diamonds the next night. But we were really pleased with the room. Other Trip Advisor reviews said there was a continental breakfast?? We did not see any signs mentioning this nor were we told about it if there was one. So I would ask about it if you do check in.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GulfCoastInAL
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I agree with several of the previous reviews - Shannon is right - its small town USA - not the Hilton - remembering that, this place is perfect for its needs. It was a decent size, had hot water, small TV, microwave & fridge - all worked. WiFi did not work. Staff was nice, towels clean. Continental breakfast had a larger variety than I expected - was not happy that it was only offered Sat & Sun mornings - so be prepared to find your own food for any breakfast M-F.

The shower is old fashioned (which surprised my son - he had never seen a shower / tub where the drain was in the middle of the side and not at the end, lol) BUT it did have hot water and did its job. There is no exhaust fan, so the room was pretty humid after 2 showers, but we just opened the front door and let the cool air come in.

YES - the appliances & AC were unplugged when we got there but SO WHAT? There is no need to have things plugged in when they are not in use! Just plug them in, and then go empty your car. The room will have cooled by then and anything you are taking out of your cooler to put in the dorm size fridge can either wait in your cooler for 20 or so minutes or you can put it right into the fridge - it will cool quickly. The freezer worked too - even though its small it still kept our ice packs frozen for the drive home.

My ONLY complaint is about the pool & slide. It's advertised that the pool is open every day and the slides are open at night. Well - we got there and the slides were not open - the owner said that there had been very few guests in the past few weeks due to local construction so he had not turned them on and was not going to for the evening. He did say he would for the following evening, however, when we arrived the 2nd evening to go swimming, he told my son that he did not turn them on because no one had been there all day. He said he would open the pool as he wanted to swim too. We gave it about 20 minutes or so, and then walked to the pool - it was locked. So we walked to the office - no one was there. We knocked, rang the doorbell, called (which was a strange experience as my phone call made the outdoor "bell" ring - sort of like a fire alarm bell) - after trying to get help for 20 more minutes we gave up and tried 1 more time to see if the pool was unlocked - low and behold it was and the owner was swimming in it with the lights off. So we went in - but the slide was STILL off. This was a HUGE bummer and let down to my son. One of the ONLY reasons we went to this motel and not a larger one outside of town (even 40 minutes away) was because of the slides. So we may or may not book here next time we are in town solely because of that. It may seem petty, but this was why I stayed in Murfreesboro and not in a larger city/hotel.

I will also add - The Mexican Restaurant that was recommended was okay - if you are used to spicier food or more flavorful Tex-Mex or authentic Mexican - realize this is just a small town Mexican Restaurant. If you want more spice you probably need to ask for it.

Also food wise - the only 2 places that were open to eat on Sunday night were the Mexican Restaurant and Sonic - so keep that in mind when you are choosing to stay in Murfreesboro - not bad at all, just not too many options.

Room Tip: CALL them to book - their nightly fee is $44/night + tax = $50...this is the price for a room with 1...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank liztom0526
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here after running away from a local "riverside retreat" area, and let me tell you, it was soooo much better. The rooms were very clean, the owner was very nice and the prices are great. The beds were comfy, but it was the cleanliness that I really liked. They also have a fairly decent variety for their continental breakfast. If I ever go to this area again, I will stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank androm001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murfreesboro
Diamond John's Riverside Retreat
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Prescott
Holiday Motor Lodge
Holiday Motor Lodge
#3 of 3 in Nashville
Self Creek Lodge & Marina

Been to Little Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!