“The Start of Return Customers”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brereton Lake
Inverness Falls Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brereton Lake
Reviewed 18 July 2012

There is not enough to say about the cabins we stayed in (#7 & #4). I was cozy, it was comfy & it was a little lake cabin. It was perfection. My guy & I had a blast, swimming, canoeing, exploring, there's beautifu trails & outside the resort, the Brereton Lake restaurant serves great food, the Falls past Jessica lake were amazing. It was the perfect trip to get away from the city, the kid & the stress and just reconnect with each other, cook great food and enjoy the serenity.

The staff were warm, welcoming, smiling & helpful. They were great, the cookies in the fridge & the popcorn in the microwave were such great touches.

We plan on going back at least once a year. Matter of fact, I'm calling this morning to see if we can go back again this summer!

After reading some of the reviews, it sounds like a bunch of uppity people going there and expecting a CanadInn. It's a quiant, cozy place, that took me back to summers at friends cabins. It was simple, but it was perfect and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TedDevan

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My spouse and I have been going to Inverness Falls Resort for over ten years. In winter we recharged our batteries and in summer we played. Inverness is the place were we found serenity and peace. Colleen just passed away and I needed to go somewhere near water. There was only one place. I spent the last week at Inverness and Colleen was there too - in spirit. Stu, Judy, Krista and Trinity are good people, and when I needed them they were there. The resort is a mystical place. If you want to find your center and be at peace I cannot think of a better place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank T0banTraveller
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My Husband and I went for our annual anniversary holiday, what a great place to stay,
cabin was reasonable price and VERY clean,compy bed and a hot tub in our cabin which faced the lake what a sight to wake up to.
The owner were just the kind of people we liked, a great help with all our needs, but not in your face.
The gift shop was a nice treat, local works(check out the pictures, by Judy one of the owners) and great soaps too.
We have stayed in summer as well and it is BREATHTAKING, we enjoyed that this resort was family owned NOT one of the "BRAND" cookie cutter places.

You really should check this place out for a couple or family times...fun fun fun

Room Tip: all the cabins seemed to be in good locations, so whatever your plan i,s let them know, if you are a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marlene E
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in luxury cabin #3 last February (2011) for our second anniversary. We absolutely loved it! The homemade cookies in the fridge were a nice surprise!
The cabin itself was really big, the kitchen was great, and we loved the hot tub! It was so romantic with the fireplace!
We went snowshoeing, on hikes, and then would soak in the fabulous outdoor hot tub at night.
It was during this stay that my boyfriend proposed, and we are returning this March for our honeymoon! I have recommended this resort to all of my friends who are looking for a romantic rustic getaway :)

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank KatieLaurel
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Beautiful cottage with hot tub and kitchenette. Loved the scenery and outdoor activities. Will visit again. The service was friendly, easy going and very helpful when we had questions.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheDawsons2010
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We wanted something to get away from the city, relax have a good time and just be with eachother. We we're worried about how the resort was as we read reviews online, so we called up the office, and Judy the manager told us to come on up and check it out before we made a reservation. So the next day thats what we did. Its a beautiful drive and such a beautiful resort once we got there.
Theres a nice small waterfall on the property which the cabins face. Our place had a hotub in the middle of the room, an awesome bed and a full kitchen. There was also a BBQ on the patio which was clean and ready to use. The fridge even had fresh hommade cookies waiting for us.
Throughout the weekend we hung out in our room, went to the outdoor hot tub, went snow shoeing, ice fishing, nature walks. It was such a wonderful way to relax. And everything was provided for our use.
The room even had a wood burning fireplace where we had use of unlimted wood to have a romantic fire stoaked at all times.
I would definatly recommend this resort to every and all my friends and we will be going back next Feb again to enjoy ourself's. YOu can even bring your sleds in the winter as there are many trails. That would be the only down side for me was hearing the sleds while we were outside.. my man on the other hand loved the sounds, as he is a sledder himself.
This is a perfect gateway and super romantic cabin.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank breanne211
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We really enjoyed our experience at Inverness Falls Resort. We would come back again and would recommend to friends, as long as they understand that the good comes with some bad.

We stayed in "Luxury" cabin #2 meant for couples only.

The 2-person shower and 2-person mineral bath were great. After our day of activities, it was so soothing to jump into the shower and then slip into the tub with a glass of wine.

The mostly-equipped kitchen allowed us to cook our own meals using the microwave, stove, oven and good-quality BBQ. The fridge/freezer was clean and large enough to pack in a full weekend of food and beverages, with room to spare. The coffee maker has a wire basket for the grounds meaning you only need to bring your coffee and can leave the filters at home. A kettle is also available for tea drinkers. Make sure you bring your own sugar and milk.

Thankfully the satellite TV had many channels to display on the old-school low-definition TV set. WiFi Internet was not available at our cabin - possibly a good thing!

For showering, bring your own soaps, shampoos and conditioners - none are provided for you. A chunk of special hand soap is offered in the bathroom and a bottle of dish detergent is available in the kitchen. They only supply about 4 towels, 2 hand cloths, and 2 facecloths, so make sure you bring several extra from home. Since there is no room service - you have to make your towels last.

On that note, bring your own pillows and extra blankets too. Leaving them at home won't ruin your experience, but bringing them with you will definitely enhance it. The bed is comfortable-enough but cheap, and covered in dated (25 year old+) coverings. You'll probably feel better sleeping between sheets you brought from home.

If you decide to stay, know that you'll probably have a good and relaxing time, but be aware of what you're getting. You are by no means getting a "Luxury" cabin, and this is by no means a "Luxury" resort. A luxury cabin goes for minimum $350 a night in Manitoba. At $175 per night, Inverness Falls is abusing the word "Luxury".

This resort offers many amenities that really enhance your experience. Free paddle-boats, canoes, and rowboats are available. Don't take the blue paddle-boat since it only turns left no matter what you do. Also don't take the red one.

All-in-all, we like the resort and the cabin. It has a great deal of amenities and features, unfortunately, they haven't seen significant maintenance or repair in over 25 years. The cabins are nice, but they are outfitted in weather-beaten wood, rusty and dusty blinds, tattered and stained venetians from the mid 80's, ratty carpet, rotting decks covered in lichens, and haven't seen a proper cleaning in over 10 years.

If you plan to go, let go and enjoy what the resort has to offer. If holes in the walls and cobwebs on the lights bother you, you might want to try a different place.

In regards to the photos:

I am not trying to pick out photos that cast the resort in a bad light. As I have said, the things that really matter like the toilet, sinks, shower and tub were very, very clean.

But, everything else was gross. Check out the picture with the salt shaker, screen patch and blind pull - before I took the picture I washed the top half of the blind pull so you could see how filthy this cabin is kept. Judge for yourself.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Falcon Lake
Moon Gate Bed & Breakfast
Moon Gate Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Whitemouth

Been to Inverness Falls Resort? Share your experiences!