“A quiet retreat”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brereton Lake
Inverness Falls Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brereton Lake
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just enjoyed a lovely weekend at this resort. The private beach is small but beautiful, the water is warm, and the quiet surroundings were very refreshing. The suite had all kinds of little extras: candles, bubble bath, homemade cookies, and popcorn in the microwave. The resort itself has many amenities available to help enjoy the water such as kayaks, canoes, peddle boats, etc. which are included in the price of your accommodation.

This was a great place from which to explore the Whiteshell area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kristen F
There are newer reviews for Inverness Falls Resort

Reviewed 29 May 2013

stayed out there for may long, weather was the worst, but the cabin was amazing. Satellite came in handy for the heavy rain days. It was also nice to be able to dock the boat at the resort. The owners are great!

thanks guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JDS_87
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is a fabulous resort. The location is perfect, right next to the Inverness falls on beautiful Brereton Lake. We had the pleasure of renting cabin # 1 which is in the the back, a private location almost next to the falls. The cabin was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the kitchen is well stocked with utensils, pots and pans. They also provide a water cooler for drinking.

The mineral tub was nice but not kept at a hot enough temperature for my preference. We didn't bother to ask them to turn the heat up as they indicate in their instructions that they won't change it. And for some weird reason it made our noses run and sneeze. Maybe it's the minerals? It was still fun though.

The amenities around the resort were awesome. We didn't have much luck with the blue or red paddle boats. Theirs a third yellow one but we had given up on them by that time and moved onto the canoes. The canoes on the lake are in top shape and very comfortable. The canoes in the back are not in good shape. We took the green one out which was a little scary at first as it was extensively patched, but we went down the marsh successfully without taking on more than half a cup of water. It's fun back there, lot's of wildlife.

We brought our own bikes and biked around a bit but we mostly found hiking trails.

The staff are friendly and attentive. The movies they lend out are a good variety, classics like Casablanca and The Party to recent Oscar nominees such as Water for Elephants and the Decendants.

This resort is so much fun and we can't wait to come back this winter to try some cross country ski trails and their outdoor sauna!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Opal_girl77
Reviewed 18 July 2012

There is not enough to say about the cabins we stayed in (#7 & #4). I was cozy, it was comfy & it was a little lake cabin. It was perfection. My guy & I had a blast, swimming, canoeing, exploring, there's beautifu trails & outside the resort, the Brereton Lake restaurant serves great food, the Falls past Jessica lake were amazing. It was the perfect trip to get away from the city, the kid & the stress and just reconnect with each other, cook great food and enjoy the serenity.

The staff were warm, welcoming, smiling & helpful. They were great, the cookies in the fridge & the popcorn in the microwave were such great touches.

We plan on going back at least once a year. Matter of fact, I'm calling this morning to see if we can go back again this summer!

After reading some of the reviews, it sounds like a bunch of uppity people going there and expecting a CanadInn. It's a quiant, cozy place, that took me back to summers at friends cabins. It was simple, but it was perfect and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TedDevan
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My spouse and I have been going to Inverness Falls Resort for over ten years. In winter we recharged our batteries and in summer we played. Inverness is the place were we found serenity and peace. Colleen just passed away and I needed to go somewhere near water. There was only one place. I spent the last week at Inverness and Colleen was there too - in spirit. Stu, Judy, Krista and Trinity are good people, and when I needed them they were there. The resort is a mystical place. If you want to find your center and be at peace I cannot think of a better place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank T0banTraveller
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My Husband and I went for our annual anniversary holiday, what a great place to stay,
cabin was reasonable price and VERY clean,compy bed and a hot tub in our cabin which faced the lake what a sight to wake up to.
The owner were just the kind of people we liked, a great help with all our needs, but not in your face.
The gift shop was a nice treat, local works(check out the pictures, by Judy one of the owners) and great soaps too.
We have stayed in summer as well and it is BREATHTAKING, we enjoyed that this resort was family owned NOT one of the "BRAND" cookie cutter places.

You really should check this place out for a couple or family times...fun fun fun

Room Tip: all the cabins seemed to be in good locations, so whatever your plan i,s let them know, if you are a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marlene E
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in luxury cabin #3 last February (2011) for our second anniversary. We absolutely loved it! The homemade cookies in the fridge were a nice surprise!
The cabin itself was really big, the kitchen was great, and we loved the hot tub! It was so romantic with the fireplace!
We went snowshoeing, on hikes, and then would soak in the fabulous outdoor hot tub at night.
It was during this stay that my boyfriend proposed, and we are returning this March for our honeymoon! I have recommended this resort to all of my friends who are looking for a romantic rustic getaway :)

• Stayed: February 2012
#1 of 1 in West Hawk Lake
Falcon Beach Ranch
Falcon Beach Ranch
#2 of 3 in Falcon Lake

Been to Inverness Falls Resort? Share your experiences!