I visited the Mision Juriquilla because that was the location of a business convention. Our host, who owns a business in Querétaro, uses this hotels whenever he has guests in town, stating it is the best in the area.
1. The staff was very friendly. The people who are customer facing all speak fluent English and are very professional.
2. The rooms are huge. There is a front room which has a big dresser. Then off to the side is the sink with the bathroom and shower in a separate room. Then through a doorway of sorts is a very large room with a big bed, bench and desk.
3. The shower is very large and the water pressure is great.
4. The grounds are kept nicely. There is an atrium area and along the edges is a restaurant, a gift shop and a coffee shop.
5. The breakfast buffet is fantastic! I tried so many new Mexican breakfast treats that I have never had before. The food was hot and fresh and more than I expected.
6. The meeting space is quite large and in what looks like a an old stone great hall. It is quite a majestic space and good if you want to impress colleagues. We certainly were.
7. If your group likes to stay up late and socialize, the staff here is very accommodating. The group I was with stayed out in the atrium until past 1 am.
8. Free wifi. Much appreciated and perfect for a business trip.
1. Our host suggested not wandering around the immediate area. He does not think it is unsafe, but it is not an area for tourists. Since the hotel is so big and has everything we needed, this was not an issue, so this is more neutral and a con.
1. The restaurant on premise.is only decent. I would expect a higher end restaurant in a hotel like this.
2. The bedsheets seemed to be old, or least of low quality. I feel that the sheets at a Holiday Inn are more comfortable. I suggest that management makes an investment in higher end sheets if they really want to be a business hotel.
Overall, I recommend this hotel. It is in a quiet area away from the highways and the rapidly expanding Querétaro. The accomodations were perfect for a business meeting. I had a great stay at the Mision Juriquilla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a renovated eighteenth century farmhouse north of the city of Queretaro, surrounded by gardens and buildings that evoke the colonial Mexico. An ideal place to huge conventions, business groups, weddings and guests who enjoy a refined atmosphere, always with the tradition of hospitality in Mission Hotels scenario. Our Queretaro hotel has 192 standard rooms and 4 suites, with services and amenities of first class. Also it offers 13 meeting rooms from 10 to 2000 people with services to perform the wedding of your dreams, special events, parties and business meetings. In our facilities you will find Poliforum, restaurant, ATM, internet free of charge, transportation (upon request), golf course with 18 holes, soccer and tennis, pool, spa, gym, playgrounds and silver, which we stands as one of the hotels in Queretaro most complete services and amenities. Our Hotel in Queretaro, Mexico has a prime location, 10 minutes from Queretaro Industrial Park, 45 minutes away from the city and 2 hours from Mexico City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mision Grand Juriquilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mision Juriquilla Hotel Queretaro