“Great find.”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great find.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spur of the moment decision to go for a curry and thought we'd go somewhere different that wasn't too far away. A quick search on TripAdvisor turned up this place so thought we'd give it a try and were glad we did.
The food was suburb. I had the Gosht Katta Lal Mirchi which was new to me and I would highly recommend. Lamb in a perfect blend of coriander, lemon and crushed red chilli. My wife had the Chicken Tikka Pathia which she said was delicious. These together with a side dish of Methee Palak (Fresh fenugreek leaves cooked with onions and garlic) plus the usual Pilau rice made for a great meal.
The staff were friendly and very attentive and the bill, we thought, was reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bacoms

Swanmore, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening - if you haven't tried it,do!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Friends last night for my wife's birthday meal. It is a regular family favourite as the food is exceptional, and the service is superb. Last night they outdid themselves. On booking over the phone they recognised my name and sounded genuinely pleased to hear from us, and particularly when they heard it was a family outing for my wife's birthday. We rceived the warmest of welcomes, and birthday balloons were floating above the table. The food was, as ever, cooked to perfection. We've tried all the Indian restaurants in this town and the others nearby and this is without doubt the best. If it's not on the menu, they will cook it for you without question. If you want it a little hotter (I like Chicken Jalfrezi, but vindaloo hot) or milder, they will always oblige. My wife had the Salmon Tikka (3rd time in a row, she swears it's divine). The kids loved their King Prawn Pasanda and Chicken Tikka Masala. The popadums are so nice here that my mother in law gets a big bag each week to take away! The customer service is considerate, yet not overwhelming and the evening was rounded off by the staff bringing a birthday cake to the table and singing happy birthday. My wife was very touched by this and said she couldn't remember a nicer birthday meal. We will always go back, and the take aways are as nice!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Adam N
Stoke, United Kingdom
“curry heaven”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

dropped in on the off chance and had the best curry - Lucknow lamb - the service is exemplary and the food heavenly, the wine list is varied and not overly prices. will go back often to work my way thru the menu.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beryl S
Bishop's Waltham, United Kingdom
“A Very Yummy Curry”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Been to Friends a few times now and am never dissapointed, the staff are friendly and attentive (if a litle keen to help you choose a wine!) and the food is always wonderfully flavourful. Personally, the lamb dhansak and peshwari naan are always winners!

• Visited May 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“What is says on the tin - refined cuisine”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very nice food, very well prepared and friendly atmosphere. A few dishes can be too subtle in flavour but the Chicken tikka trio starter is sublime!

Visited April 2014