“Excellent!”

Price range: US$20 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First visit to this restaurant, and it definitely won't be the last. Food was amazing! Best Indian we have had in a long time.
Atmosphere is welcoming and calm, and decor is modern and colourful. We were made to feel like valued regular customers straight away.
Menu is varied and there is lots of choice, staff happy to advise and help you choose if stuck or can't make your mind up. No rushing of courses which was great, I hate having starters come to table when still eating poppadums, and mains arriving when starters not quite finished.
Staff are attentive but not in your face, another huge tick!

1  Thank Shaz2np

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous food and a friendly atmosphere, what more could you want. Thank you for making a night out for my birthday so special.

2  Thank CathieMcCarthy
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spur of the moment decision to go for a curry and thought we'd go somewhere different that wasn't too far away. A quick search on TripAdvisor turned up this place so thought we'd give it a try and were glad we did.
The food was suburb. I had the Gosht Katta Lal Mirchi which was new to me and I would highly recommend. Lamb in a perfect blend of coriander, lemon and crushed red chilli. My wife had the Chicken Tikka Pathia which she said was delicious. These together with a side dish of Methee Palak (Fresh fenugreek leaves cooked with onions and garlic) plus the usual Pilau rice made for a great meal.
The staff were friendly and very attentive and the bill, we thought, was reasonable.

1  Thank bacoms
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited Friends last night for my wife's birthday meal. It is a regular family favourite as the food is exceptional, and the service is superb. Last night they outdid themselves. On booking over the phone they recognised my name and sounded genuinely pleased to hear from us, and particularly when they heard it was a family outing for my wife's birthday. We rceived the warmest of welcomes, and birthday balloons were floating above the table. The food was, as ever, cooked to perfection. We've tried all the Indian restaurants in this town and the others nearby and this is without doubt the best. If it's not on the menu, they will cook it for you without question. If you want it a little hotter (I like Chicken Jalfrezi, but vindaloo hot) or milder, they will always oblige. My wife had the Salmon Tikka (3rd time in a row, she swears it's divine). The kids loved their King Prawn Pasanda and Chicken Tikka Masala. The popadums are so nice here that my mother in law gets a big bag each week to take away! The customer service is considerate, yet not overwhelming and the evening was rounded off by the staff bringing a birthday cake to the table and singing happy birthday. My wife was very touched by this and said she couldn't remember a nicer birthday meal. We will always go back, and the take aways are as nice!

2  Thank Adam N
Reviewed 18 May 2014

dropped in on the off chance and had the best curry - Lucknow lamb - the service is exemplary and the food heavenly, the wine list is varied and not overly prices. will go back often to work my way thru the menu.

1  Thank Beryl S