“I was a little concerned......”

Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Bonham, Texas, United States
“I was a little concerned......”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

All was well. Good location and check in was a breeze. Got in the room, # 301, and all was in order. The kids were not with us this trip and this saved me from having to explain the painting of the exposed woman kind of touching herself that was hanging in the bathroom. Not a bad painting mind you, but still.... Went into the bathroom once and before I turned on the light I could see light shining from the wall vent near the mirror. Hmmm.... Curiosity got the best of me and I stepped up on the bathroom counter and looked inside the vent expecting to see a plumbing closet, but I was surprised to see the bathroom from the room next to mine. Well now, If I can see them then I know they can see me. I began looking about to see what else was not quite right. All else seemed in order. Okay nights sleep, except for thoughts racing through my head about the previously mentioned tidbit. Check out was a breeze. All in all it wasn't a bad overnight stay, but beware and check your vents!

Room Tip: The room was nice. Check your surroundings.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Jones_Hillary, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank you for your review. We look forward to being able to host you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I were on day 3 of a cross country move. Prior to stopping at the hotel we looked over the rave reviews but were not sure if we could get a room as we had just arrived in the area. Luckily for us, there was a room available for a great price. Our room could easily have been between $250-300 for the night, where we're from! It was modern, clean and very comfortable. The lobby was great and receptionist was helpful on places to go in the area. Our car was safe and we just strolled across the street for a late night meal. Our only complaint is, that there aren't many options for for food and shopping, which hopefully will change in the next few years for that area. However, it is very close to the highway which helped. Overall, a wonderful hotel experience...Keep up the great work Best Western Plus JFK!!

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your review. We hope you come to visit us again soon!
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I'm glad that we did additional searching beyond Little Rock hotels, because this hotel is literally about 1.5 miles away from Little Rock (straight shot down Main St. to the riverfront). While you might be able to walk it, my girlfriend and I didn't feel like it would be a wise decision since we didn't know the area that well. That being said, parking was plentiful in Little Rock, and we never had a difficult time finding spots near anything we wanted to do.

The hotel was better than I had anticipated. The room was well-appointed - nice sized queen beds with numerous pillows, fridge (no freezer), microwave, flat-screen TV, and a clock-radio with an ipod dock. There was also a desk with a very modern-looking office chair. The front desk was very courteous and prompt with any requests brought to their attention. Requests ranged from a missing TV remote, directions to local attractions, information on restaurants, and a lack of available pool towels. Each request was dealt with immediately and efficiently. My only con here (minor) would be that some of the staff were not exceptionally well-informed about the local restaurants or attractions. However, to that end, they went out of their way to source things on-line and produce print-outs that were helpful in making choices.

The pool area was nice (smaller pool, but indoor and heated). There was also a jacuzzi that was kept at a very warm temperature (which was perfect after hiking up Mt. Pinnacle). There were towels on a shelf in the pool area so that you didn't have to bring towels from the room (though you could if you wanted). The workout room was small but functional. Mostly cardio equipment with a weight machine that reminded me of the bowflex (basic arm and leg workout).

The breakfast each morning was wonderful. They had fruit, oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, sausage, pastries, bread for toast, coffee, and a variety of juices. No worries about leaving hungry - they had something for everyone.

Overall, the hotel was great. Being right near I-40 made it easy to get just about anywhere, and being roughly 1.5 miles north of Little Rock via Main St. means access to the heart of the city was easy as well. One other con (again minor) is that there really wasn't anything in the immediate area (walking distance) to do, so you pretty much had to drive if you wanted to do something.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend several days in the Little Rock area, and would definitely return myself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
dennis16, General Manager at Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank You for your recent stay at this location, we appreciate your feed back and look forward to seeing you at your next visit with us.
Pam Pothi
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for the Rascal Flatts concert. Overall a good stay! The room was clean and very nicely set up. The staff was okay, but the breakfast made up for any faults. It was a Sunday morning at 9:00 am and everything was still steaming. It was surprisingly yummy for being a hotel breakfast.

Room Tip: Get an end room...didn't hear a single noise!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We hope you will come to visit us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We always use the Best Western line if we can. The Best Western JFK in NLR, AR was recently built. Five stories or so with interior hallways, the decor is absolutely jaw dropping and the rooms have the amenities I am accustomed to a most Best Westerns. The front desk staff were very nice and flattered my wife (extra points!). My only complaint was empty food contains were slow to be refilled at their complementary breakfast. I noted this on my evaluation sent to BW and they contacted me personally with apologies! There is not much to walk to in terms of dining and entertainment but the front road will take you into the Riverfront entertainment area of Little Rock in no more than 10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
We hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you for your review!
Arkansas
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Finding a hotel in downtown North Little Rock is always a bit of a challenge. None are really that great. Having grown up in the town and returning for a weekend visit, I knew this hotel was not in the safest location. It was, however, a good price and near where I needed to be. The breakfast was fine and the room was just ok. The front desk check-in took about 20 minutes, so much too long, especially considering I was the only one checking in. Just be wary of being alert in this area of town when you walk to and from your car and when you go out at night. Otherwise, the price/value make this an ok hotel to choose.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, we invite you to experience our new management and hope you will visit us again soon.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Feel free to take my lead on this one. From the property, the accommodations, to the hotel staff, all are top notch! Great value without sacrifice!! This is my home away from home when I travel to the Little Rock area!!! Thanks Pam, Nicki, Symone, Mike, Jessica, and to the others I have not met but made my stay more enjoyable!!

John K.
Broken Arrow, OK

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
dennis16, General Manager at Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We enjoy getting to know our guests and we are pleased that you find our accommodations to be an excellent value. It is our hope that you will choose the Best Western Plus JFK Inn and Suites again should you travel to the Little Rock area again. Thank you again for your feedback!

Best,

Pam Pothi
Best Western PLUS JFK Inn and Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
#2 of 28 in North Little Rock
Hampton Inn North Little Rock McCain Mall
Hampton Inn North Little Rock Mc...
#1 of 28 in North Little Rock
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suit...
#6 of 28 in North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#10 of 28 in North Little Rock
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
Baymont Inn & Suites North Little Rock
Baymont Inn & Suites North Littl...
#11 of 28 in North Little Rock

Been to Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!