“Great ribs and sauces!!!”
Review of Whole Hog Cafe NLR

Whole Hog Cafe NLR
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Whole Hog Cafe North Little Rock features excellent pork, beef and chicken barbecue and pecan wood smoked ribs that you will love! Don't be surprised to see owner Rich Cosgrove making the rounds in the dining room making sure your dining experience is exactly what you wanted. Come let us serve you and don't forget to try the potato salad. Come see us!
Ohio
“Great ribs and sauces!!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

In a strip mall, but had a very nice atmosphere. You order at the counter and they call your number. There was a very attentive gentleman clearing plates and making sure we had everything we needed. My husband had the ribs and he said they were the best ribs he had in a long time. My son and I had the beef brisket platter - very good, even though it was served thinly sliced, the brisket was very tender and flavorful. My daughter had the beef bbq nachos. She said it was very good but would have been better if the beef had been chopped up a little more on top of the nachos as it was also in slices. There were 6 choices of sauces on the table and all were very good. We had sides of potato salad and baked beans, which were both good. Our meal was around $55 for 4 meals, which was great considering that included a full rack of ribs.

• Visited July 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“BBQ so good make you wanna slap ya mama...”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Whole hog cafe has some of the best bbq I've ever had. I'd say get the whole hog platter and sample it all. There potato salad is awsome as are the beans. Ribs are always tender! I've never got bad food or service at whole hog.

Cantonment, Florida
“Below Expectations”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I ate here with a business colleague and quite frankly it was not very good. I only dined one time and maybe it was an off day but the service was terrible and the food was average. I actually love barbeque and this is one of the few negative reviews I have ever written. Don't waste your time here, go to Corkys or Famous Daves, my 2 favorites.

• Visited August 2010
Arkansas
“Better than any in Memphis, so far!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We have friends in Memphis, and each time we visit Memphis, we go to a different BBQ restaurant ....... and that covers a span of 40 years! You can never eat at all of them there, but if you really want the best BBQ, travel 2 hours west on I-40 to Little Rock, AR. Whole Hog has branched out with locations in North Little Rock, and Conway. All are great .. the food is consistent and the service is superb. The ribs are smokey and pull from the bone tender with plenty of meat, the pulled pork can't be beat any where ( and they have the awards to prove it) and the brisket is moist, smokey and tender. On every table is a six pack of different sauces for every taste, and if you are really brave, or just crazy, go to the counter and ask for their really hot sauce! Pricing is Arkansas economical ... but not cheap. While the digs are not fancy, this is where we bring our out of town guests ... friends, family, and professional clients from Miami to Los Angeles. All agree, they have not had any better -- even our Texans! This is the BBQ we measure all the Memphis BBQ by.

• Visited June 2011
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Must have BBQ and Potato Salad”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

It is hard to beat this place in Little Rock. It has never been a disappointment. Several great locations!!

• Visited May 2011