“Great place to stay (except A/C issue)”

Red Roof Inn North Little Rock
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The good: 1. Staff was very polite and courteous at all times. 2. Breakfast was standard continental. 3. Quiet. 4. Pet friendly with green area. 5. Clean! 6. Warm water was plentiful.

The bad. 1. A/C unit would operate for a while, then shut off and not come back on. Manually turning it off then back on and it work a while before shutting off again. This made for a long night of waking about every 30-45 minutes and being on the ground floor kept us from opening the windows.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ITGuy2014
i0552, Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Valued guest, we appreciate you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the compliments towards our staff, breakfast and our environment. I am sorry to hear that the A/C unit was troublesome for you, I want to let you know that some of our units are set to AUTO which means when the room reaches the desired temperature the unit will temporarily shut off to conserve energy, if you should ever find yourself in a similar situation please notify the front desk so that we can send someone to change the setting from Auto to Continuous. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to the next time you stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of North Little Rock.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I agree with the previous reviewer: an excellent value for the money. The staff was helpful and pleasant each time we arrived. The continental breakfast was better than expected. For us, the location was fine because it was easy to find, and the next morning we were immediately onto the Interstate again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary L

Thank you for the review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the continental breakfast exceeded your expectations. Thanks for the complements to our staff I will be sure to share your review with them. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here travling to Oxford, Mississippi. While the location might leave a little to be desired, everything else about this Red Roof was excellent. Service, cleanliness, safety were all top notch, especially considering the very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Bill L
i0552, Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be a clean and safe environment for your stay. Even though our exit may be limited on multiple shopping and dining facilities, our location is conveniently located from a major shopping mall and a wide variety of restaurants just 2 miles away. We hope the next time you stay with us you will get a chance to experience more of what North Little Rock has to offer.

-Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were looking for a hotel at short notice and came across a group of hotels in a quiet road. After looking at the outside of the others we decided on this one because it looked in better condition than the rest. At check in the staff were very personable and willing to impart as much information as they could. The room was clean and presentable overlooking the car park ( there wasnt much else to see anyway). The bed was firm and the bedding was crisp and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was above average with plenty of food. The only downside I could possibly see was the fact that there was no elevator ( We had 2 large suitcases) but other than that I could'nt really find any fault with it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chorleyk
i0552, Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Red Roof Inn in North Little Rock. I am also glad that you had time to have breakfast with us and that our staff was able to help you when you needed information. We really appreciate the comments and I will share them with my front desk as it is comments like yours that encourage us to keep up the good work, we hope to see you again the next time you are in North Little Rock.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here Feb. 25, 2014. The room was quiet, comfortable , and clean. Ian, the manager, was very helpful and even helped me with my bags. He also informed me of the best restaurants and attractions. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Chose a room close to the stairs as this is a two-story structure with no elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DRC348
i0552, Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you, we really appreciate the review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are lots to do and plenty to see when you are in Arkansas and it's my pleasure to share this information with our visitors. From great dining to diamond mining Arkansas is a wonderful place to visit, even if you are just passing through you can have time to visit some local attractions, some just 5-10 minutes away from the hotel. We look forward to your return to the Red Roof Inn of North Little Rock.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the best Red Roof Inn's I have stayed in. Friendly staff, shuttle service, good continental breakfast ( cereal, toast, pastry, juice), free USA Today. Room was very large, clean crisp linen, comfortable bed, refrigerator, micro, flat panel TV ( large channel selection) and most importantly CLEAN and well maintained. Wifi with good signal. As a rule Red Roofs are no frills but this property has added a few I did not expect. No hairdryer in room if thats important to you. About the only thing I noticed were a few cigarette burns in the carpet by the bed although there was no smoke smell in the room. I guess they still offer smoking rooms, but I could not smell any smoke in the halls either. I stayed here because of travel for work but I would stay here again otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Driverjoe
i0552, Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon. Be sure to come see us after we are finished with renovations as we are going to remove the carpet and add hardwood floors to each and every room, also we plan on adding more healthier options to our breakfast and a fitness center.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The positives are very friendly desk staff, clean room, comfortable beds and terrific Wifi connection. This is also a pet friendly hotel. The negative is a big one for us. The parking lot and side entrance are poorly lit. When taking the dog out after dark there was an individual hanging out at side exit. While the room key is required to enter building it was rather concerning the area is not well lit. If not for the issue of poor lighting we would have given this hotel 4 stars.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank You so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn in North Little Rock. I really appreciate the positive comments about our service and I especially want to thank you for letting us know how we can improve. We are just in our initial stages of renovation so this is the best time for us to receive suggestions on how we can improve your hotel stay and what better way then to listen to what our guests have to say. I will be sure to share your comments about the lighting with my supervisor so that we can improve the lighting in our parking lot. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon especially after renovations so that you can see how your comments have helped us to improve.