“Old Holiday Inn in need of updating”

Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The staff was very friendly but the hotel was old and felt dirty. Old furniture with old mattresses that led you to wonder how many thousands have people have snored on the pillows you were using. The parking lot is dark and does not feel safe. This area borders one of the many bad areas of Little Rock. I highly recommend you pay the extra 10 bucks and stay in the financial district 8 miles south. It is safer and much much cleaner.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Aatwatch1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Looking for a hotel for 20 family members due to an emergency. I needed a hotel with airport/amtrak transportation and decided on this one. 16 people decided to stay where they provided complimentary breakfast which this location did not. Four of us stayed here - Glad we did!! I live in Vegas where the hotel industry and customer service is everything. I am used to glitzy ritzy huge hotels so I was a little apprehensive about this one. Not impressed when the shuttle drove up (which needed a Holiday Inn Logo on the van). To my surprise the lobby was nice and it had a huge salt water aquarium. Outstanding staff - All the staff was polite and courteous and had exceptional customer service skills. The rooms were clean, good restaurant food, great shuttle service. The staff really showed compassion during our difficult time and provided exceptional service with all of our many requests! Special thanks to the front desk and George. Carlos you were amazing thanks! I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed our staff. We have some terrific employees and I love to hear when they treat our customers exceptionally well - it is our goal to treat you all with southern hospitality and excellent customer service! Thanks!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The physical hotel was solid but not spectacular. Staff was EXTREMELY helpful, though. One staff member (Carlos) agreed to stay the night in the hotel to ensure that we had an early morning ride to the airport via the Holiday Inn shuttle. Also, my room did not have a remote for the TV. Within 3 minutes of a call to the front desk, I had a brand new remote! The people in the small bar area were very attentive as well. I truly appreciate the staff's extra effort!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Friendly staff but that's all I can say.
Pros: staff, comfortable clean bed, hot water
Cons: crusty hotel overall with exception of the lobby, strange layout of property, parking is creepy after dark, location less than desirable, loud HVAC unit

Room Tip: All rooms have cigarette odor no matter which one you stay inn
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Sloene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

I want to first thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was glad to hear that my staff made a great impression. I was also glad to hear your comments on the other areas of the hotel. We strive to do our very best in every department but if we are not meeting guests' expectations in some areas then we fail as a whole. I am not able to make improvements if I'm not aware they are needed so I thank you again for letting me know about some areas that need attention. I hope that you will give us another try in your future travels so that you may see your comments were not in vain.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I checked in March 17...Very Clean, Latoya at front desk was so helpful helping me with directions to the V.A. Center..Restaurant : food was great, treated with kindness to how to fix our meal.....Plan on using it every time I am in No.Little Rock..

Room Tip: Room was quiet, no noise , even from the parking lot..again, I just have nice things to say about th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kenalf

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Latoya was such a great ambassador of the hotel. We pride ourselves in putting every effort in to making every guest feel welcomed as possible. I am so glad that we made a great impression on you! I again want to thank you and wish you safe travels. We would look forward to seeing you again someday!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that it looking to be attended to in a prompt courteous fashion. The hotel was great but the true treasure that this hotel has to offer is its staff. The staff here were top notch. I travel with a group of coworkers conducting 2-day weekend conferences every weekend from city to city and state to state and the courteousness of this hotel was a welcome surprise. The food at the restaurant blew us away, it was amazingly good at such a reasonable price! The most impressive member of the team was the GM, Sloene Sutton! Sloene made our attendees feel welcome by a warm greeting upon arrival. He kept a constant watch over us making sure anticipating our needs. When little things would come up, he quickly responding before they turned into potential serious issues. This was my first visit to North Little Rock, if I get the opportunity to come back, this hotel will definitely be my hotel of choice!

Room Tip: See Sloene, he'll get you taken care of!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Monica M
Sloene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you so much for telling us about you visit!! The first thing I want to clear up is the person you referred to...it was actually Marcus Harris who is our Assistant General Manager. :) And I'm so glad he made such a wonderful impression on you. He is a wonderful asset to the hotel!! Hearing that you travel so much, it means a greta deal to us to know we stood out with you! I will share this with Marcus and thank him for representing (not only me) but most importantly, the hotel so very well!!

Sloene Sutton, GM!!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

My Wife & I were recently in Little Rock visiting a Family Member in the Hospital. And we were so pleased with all the assistance the Staff at the Holiday Inn North Little Rock. Kitty (at the front desk) even helped my find the Hotel on the cell phone, because I wasn't familiar with the area. She took the time to guide me into the Hotel via a cell phone. She is such a wonderful person, I just can't say enough about how much she made our stay enjoyable. And I would also like to mention something about the Cafe in the Hotel. We ordered "room service", and I had the Rib Eye Steak, with all the fixiings. And my Wife had the Chicken Dinner with everything. And it was absolutely AMAZING. I travel quit a bit for my Company, and I have had Steak at the Finest of Fine Steak Places. But you won't find a better Steak than what is prepared right there at the Holiday Inn North in Little Rock, Arkansas. So, to close with.....I would like to personally thank everyone at the Holiday Inn in North Little Rock. And also would like to recommend to everyone. That if you are passing through, or going to Little Rock to stay for awhile. Please stay at the Holiday Inn North in Little Rock. You will be very happy you did. Respectfully, Jeff & Lori Cothren (Oklahoma City, OK.)

Room Tip: Go for the King Bed Rooms. They are very nice and very large. So very comfortable.....
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff C

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Cothren,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone. I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was so pleasing!! I am so proud of the staff here and it only justifies my feelings when guests make comments such as you did!! When these reviews come in (both positive and constructive) we post them for the entire staff to see. I love to see the pride on their faces when someone acknowledges their efforts!! Thank you again for letting us know how we made an impression with you!! We hope to see you again in your future travels!