Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Rockport, Texas
“Not happy”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

When my husband and i arrived at this hotel, The girl at the front desk was more occupied with what was on the tv then checking us in. The world series game was on, and loud at that. I could hardly hear what she was asking us. The remote was right on the counter and i came real close to picking it up and turning off the sound. If my husband wasn't tired of driving, as we were driving in from South Bend, Indiana, we would of walked out. The room wasn't very clean, you could feel dirt on the bathroom floor. No breakfast, except for a bar/restaurant within the hotel. I was on crutches and after getting off the elevator, they were mopping the floor. I almost slipped. Looked right at the receptionist, and not a word from her. Not even a thank you for staying. I would NOT recommend this hotel, and we stay at Holiday Inns whenever we travel. Not this one again. Rude staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Bobbie D.:

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay.

Our customer satifaction scores have been very high, so I am terrible sorry you felt our staff was rude to you. Your issues have all been addresed, as well as new rules regarding the television in the lobby.

Thanks again, and I am very sorry for your less than stellar experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 December 2013

i had very positive experience with holiday inn at another location and i was so hopeful that this hotel would also meet my needs. however each location are independantly owned so do not expect the same convenience and cleanliness at all locations. this one smelled.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to visit you more about what area you had "smell" issues, so this can be addressed. We are very proud of our cleanliness scores and want to be able to rectify any issues that our guests have. Please email me at:
jeananne.hawking@LRAR.com, so we can visit a little more about specifics. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Jeananne Hawking
Arizona
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Convenient access from the interstate and all good restaurant choices within a couple miles as is a shopping mall. Good service. The hotel seems recently updated with comfortable rooms, modern furnishings and carpet. The train tracks are close and a couple time we were disrupted by train noise but not so much to be a burden. A good value with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear FrenchMD,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, comfortable rooms and the location of the hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-40. I am sorry about the noise disturbance you may have experienced. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was staying here for 1 one during the week on business. I am a 27 year old girl staying by myself in a city I've never been too. First of all, this was my first time in AK so I asked the front desk clerk for some restaurants she'd recommend. She must of had 2 brain cells and told me to eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel--no thanks.
Most importantly, I'm pretty sure my room was dirty. There was make up on my pillow case, black hairs in my sheets, and ANTS crawling on my night stand. GROSS. On top of my that my toilet didn't look like it was cleaned and they didn't provide a bath matt when you step out of the shower. The really creepy part was when I was laying in bed and someone starts loudly pounding on my door at 9:30 at night. (I had to get up at 4am for my business meeting!!!) I go to the door and its some random guy, no uniform, no name tag. I say" what do you want?" and he "claimed" he was the "maintenance man" and that the front desk sent him up because someone kept calling from my room.... WHAT? NO ONE was calling the front desk I was the only one in that room! I never opened by door to let him in (god only knows what would have happened) and I told him to go away. I then called the front desk to talk to the girl with 2 brain cells and she said she didn't know what I was talking about....and she was rude. I highly suggest to drive 5 more minutes to another hotel if you are staying in the North Little Rock area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am terribly sorry for the experience you had while staying with us. We have some new staff on the front desk who might not be familiar with our local restaurants, and I am sorry she was not able to be more helpful. We are currently working on a restaurant list for the North Little Rock area.

I am also sorry we did not offer to move you from a room that had ants. It is the season for them, and we did have a few rooms last week with issues, which were taken care of today.

I assure you this is not our normal standard of service, and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to make up for your disappointing stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the interior of this hotel and how nice my room was. Upon pulling into the parking lot I saw numerous construction vehicles and wondered how my stay would be. The hotel was quiet and comfortable and a good value overall.

• Stayed October 2013
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn North Little Rock! We do have a large number of Construction crews who consider us their home away from home so their trucks are always in our lot! I hope you will return to us on your next trip to North Little Rock!

We appreciate your business!

J Hawking
georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a standard older Holiday Inn. It was just fine for a one night stay. We received a 20% off discount for breakfast which we used. The breakfast was a buffet and adequate to begin the day. The server even gave us coffee for the road.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us kow you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your business and hoe you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Little Rock/North Little Rock area.

Best Regards!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Booked on-line, had no idea other than it was on our way and we used Priority Points. Seemed nice, or used to be at one time. Out of business nightclub next door - now only the hotel restaurant. Two staff people on duty at 5:00 PM, front desk and maintenance. Our bed didn't look "fresh" and we found hair on the bottom sheet and requested fresh linens (we were too tired to move to another room), delivered by nice maintenance man and we made our own bed. The neighborhood is urban and across from the Post Office and police department. The day we were there four guys were out by the pool with what looked like a permanent BBQ grill - and were there most of the afternoon. Locals? Hotel guests? Long-term renters? A little weird. My wife was hit on at the front door by a panhandler when she went to get something from the car. We were pulling a camper and made sure we were under parking lot lights across from the police station.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issues you had while staying with us recently. I am terribly sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We do have some long term guests who are staying with us on an extended basis and we did allow them to cook out at the pool - they just wanted to relax and enjoy themselves on their day off. We always like our guests to feel at home.

I do apologize about the panhandler your wife encountered - we had called the NLRPD to remove him from the property. Our company just took over the property May 1, 2013 and we have made progress but we are constantly striving to make things better for our guests. Thanks again for taking time to let us know about your stay.