“A nice hotel in a quiet location”

Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in North Little Rock
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
“A nice hotel in a quiet location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

While the HI in NLR is an older hotel, the building has been renovated. With the exception of a very slow automatic doorway and elevator, and older metal doors to the rooms, the hotel has aged gracefully.

The hotel is very close to I-40, but because it runs perpendicular to it, you cannot hear the interstate traffic. The hotel is practically on the corner of Pershing and JFK/Main. Going north on JFK, you find several eateries within a 3-4 miles. Going south on Main, you enter trendy Argentum, and you can cross the Arkansas River to Little Rock.

Although the lobby is small, it is nice, and the waitstaff are helpful and friendly. I had no trouble checking in.

The room was spacious. In my room was a king bed, chair with ottoman, desk, tv (HDMI but only analog channels), microwave and fridge. The toilet and tub are dated, but everything else was very nice.

I could not use the pool (seasonal), but I did use the exercise room. The two treadmills are well used, and should be replaced.

In short, this is a nice hotel, and definitely an exceptional value for the price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken G
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a complimentary review on the hotel. I am so glad you had a great experience with us -- although our property is older, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and hospitality, and I am glad you felt welcome and secure and enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I hope you will return to us if you travel back through LIttle Rock! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Corpus Christi, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

What a pleasant stay. It was a long drive & we reached the midway mark.
Along the West Pershing road there were lots of hotels&motels to choose from. But this was a Holiday Inn & it delivered. Warm cozy & a very nice front desk personnel. The restuarant was a bit to be desired but was suffice.

Room Tip: Don't get one near the front desk. Too much traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy A
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I am always pleased to learn that our wonderful staff made such a great impression on our guests! I appreciaet you taking the time to tell us how hapy you were with your stay and I do hope you will come stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,
J Hawking
Texarkana, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this late at night on the spur of the moment after a concert. It was near the Verizon arena. We got in, the room itself was fine, the bathroom was old, and we did not care to take a shower before we left. My main issue was that the bed be clean and it was and comfy. However my husband went to the local convenience store which was super scary. He ended up driving around for 30 minutes trying to find a decent place that was open. Apparently North LR shuts down at midnight! The poor girl at the downstairs desk was without power half the night and they were out of toothpaste upon request. We would not stay there again, but it was ok in a pinch.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
We are an interstate hotel, and sometimes interstate properties may not be located in the best "area" available. Our hotel is located directly across the street from the NLR Police Department and we rarely have any incidents here at the hotel.

There is a full service Kroger store closeby which we recommend our guests go to, vs. the convenience store. Also - our guest supplies shipment was delayed due to the UPS incident so we were out of supplies, and a transformer blew close to our hotel which is why we were without power at the desk. That was not anything we could control.

Travellers are raving about these North Little Rock hotels

Rockport, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

When my husband and i arrived at this hotel, The girl at the front desk was more occupied with what was on the tv then checking us in. The world series game was on, and loud at that. I could hardly hear what she was asking us. The remote was right on the counter and i came real close to picking it up and turning off the sound. If my husband wasn't tired of driving, as we were driving in from South Bend, Indiana, we would of walked out. The room wasn't very clean, you could feel dirt on the bathroom floor. No breakfast, except for a bar/restaurant within the hotel. I was on crutches and after getting off the elevator, they were mopping the floor. I almost slipped. Looked right at the receptionist, and not a word from her. Not even a thank you for staying. I would NOT recommend this hotel, and we stay at Holiday Inns whenever we travel. Not this one again. Rude staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bobbie D.:

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay.

Our customer satifaction scores have been very high, so I am terrible sorry you felt our staff was rude to you. Your issues have all been addresed, as well as new rules regarding the television in the lobby.

Thanks again, and I am very sorry for your less than stellar experience.
New York City, New York, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

i had very positive experience with holiday inn at another location and i was so hopeful that this hotel would also meet my needs. however each location are independantly owned so do not expect the same convenience and cleanliness at all locations. this one smelled.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to visit you more about what area you had "smell" issues, so this can be addressed. We are very proud of our cleanliness scores and want to be able to rectify any issues that our guests have. Please email me at:
jeananne.hawking@LRAR.com, so we can visit a little more about specifics. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Jeananne Hawking
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Convenient access from the interstate and all good restaurant choices within a couple miles as is a shopping mall. Good service. The hotel seems recently updated with comfortable rooms, modern furnishings and carpet. The train tracks are close and a couple time we were disrupted by train noise but not so much to be a burden. A good value with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear FrenchMD,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, comfortable rooms and the location of the hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-40. I am sorry about the noise disturbance you may have experienced. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was staying here for 1 one during the week on business. I am a 27 year old girl staying by myself in a city I've never been too. First of all, this was my first time in AK so I asked the front desk clerk for some restaurants she'd recommend. She must of had 2 brain cells and told me to eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel--no thanks.
Most importantly, I'm pretty sure my room was dirty. There was make up on my pillow case, black hairs in my sheets, and ANTS crawling on my night stand. GROSS. On top of my that my toilet didn't look like it was cleaned and they didn't provide a bath matt when you step out of the shower. The really creepy part was when I was laying in bed and someone starts loudly pounding on my door at 9:30 at night. (I had to get up at 4am for my business meeting!!!) I go to the door and its some random guy, no uniform, no name tag. I say" what do you want?" and he "claimed" he was the "maintenance man" and that the front desk sent him up because someone kept calling from my room.... WHAT? NO ONE was calling the front desk I was the only one in that room! I never opened by door to let him in (god only knows what would have happened) and I told him to go away. I then called the front desk to talk to the girl with 2 brain cells and she said she didn't know what I was talking about....and she was rude. I highly suggest to drive 5 more minutes to another hotel if you are staying in the North Little Rock area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I am terribly sorry for the experience you had while staying with us. We have some new staff on the front desk who might not be familiar with our local restaurants, and I am sorry she was not able to be more helpful. We are currently working on a restaurant list for the North Little Rock area.

I am also sorry we did not offer to move you from a room that had ants. It is the season for them, and we did have a few rooms last week with issues, which were taken care of today.

I assure you this is not our normal standard of service, and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to make up for your disappointing stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
Red Roof Inn North Little Rock
Red Roof Inn North Little Rock
#18 of 27 in North Little Rock
Baymont Inn & Suites North Little Rock
Baymont Inn & Suites North Littl...
#12 of 27 in North Little Rock
BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS JFK Inn & Suit...
#4 of 27 in North Little Rock
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#10 of 27 in North Little Rock

Been to Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center? Share your experiences!