“No complaints at all”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Savannah, GA
“No complaints at all”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I had been driving a long time, across TX and OK, and just wanted a clean place to spend the night. I pulled off I-40 because I saw the Holiday Inn sign. It was tucked back a ways, but we found it and it was quite lovely inside. I was somewhat impressed. We needed a handicapped access room and got one that was more than adequate. All the basic amenities, fridge and microwave, etc. Nice, white bedding, lots of pillows. Though you actually accessed your room from an interior hallway, unlike so many motels, there was at least one add'l door you could access with a key card. This eliminated the need to go all the way up the hall and through the lobby to get outside and to your car. No Continental breakfast was included, and only when I inquired about that was I told we could have coupons that gave us a percentage off if we had breakfast in the attached restaurant. Which brings me to the attached restaurant--I don't recall the name, but my dh and I had dinner there, happy not to have to drive around to find somewhere to eat. It is a fairly large, well-decorated restaurant and bar, but I have never in my 60+ years seen so limited a menu in a restaurant! There were actually only two choices in any category--if memory serves, there were two appetizers, two salads, two entrees. (Which were both sandwiches.) I heard someone ask the waitress about dessert, and even though there was nothing for dessert listed on the menu, she gave him two options for that category, also. The food was fine, the service was fine...I believe it was the manager who kept stopping by our table asking how we were doing. But really, they need to get a chef who can make more than two things! Still, we managed to feed ourselves and I thought the hotel room itself was extremely nice.

1 Thank Candice K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tracy, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel needs a update. The beds were ROCK HARD but the room was clean over all. The hotel is fairly quite and has all the basics. The restaurant was simple but served the best hot breakfast of the five hotels we stayed at. Can't recommend it for long term stays of a week but one night stay fits the bill.

The staff was fantastic and is why I can recommend the one night stay. Just good people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about my staff. We really pride ourselves on our people and our Southern Hospitality. Hope you will return again for a one night stay again soon..
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is an older hotel that is well kept. It is basic but very clean and the staff is great. The only caveat is that it's a little tricky to find. Our gps got us close, but we had to drive around a bit to find it and find a way to get to it. I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you had a great stay with us. I am happy you were pleased with the hotel and your service and especially with our staff. Thank you and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in room 110 a double/double bedded room. This is a remodeled HI that still feels more like the Ramada Inn it was before and is not up to par with other HI properties.

PRO's

37 inch flat screen TV.
Average bedding with mediocre, lumpy pillows.
Has microwave and mini fridge
Fresh paint attempts to hide the scars underneath.
Fairly clean

CON's

Smaller work desk with only one outlet for electronics unless you crawl under the desk.
NO available outlets bedside for cell phone, etc
Work chair is only good for short spurts on laptop.
Light street sounds from outside and occasional train
Small, Dated bathroom with small cultured marble countertops leaving little room for toiletries.

A 15 minutes plus ride to the airport. Shuttle was prompt and friendly but only runs from 8 AM to 10 PM so I had to get a taxi which was eventually covered by the property after resolving a "communication error" between night/day shift staff. This is NOT an airport property

Overall an average property. I give it a 72/100 overall and an 77/100 for value. I may stay here in the future but would also look elsewhere before hand. An OK property for a one nighter.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the access road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are an older hotel, but we really strive to provide a quiet, clean room, outstanding customer service and hospitality. I am glad our staff made a good impression on you, and hope to have you back for a one night stay again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was in town for the Little Rock Marathon in March, 2014. We arrived before the 3pm checkin (around noon), but were able to get our room without delay. The facility is a little older, but the hotel has done a good job of keeping things clean and updated. The only places that the age really showed was the elevator, but those are hard to provide a facelift. The elevators were a little slow, but at only 4 floors, it's not a major inconvenience.

Easy access to downtown Little Rock where the race expo, start, and finish were located and easy on/off from I-40. Late checkout was made available for marathoners upon request.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SenrabRD
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thanks for taking time to let us know you had a good experience with us. Although our hotel is older, we feel we have the best staff and southern hospitality in central Arkansas.
White Hall, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions. The rooms are always very clean and the staff has always been terrific. The employees all appear very knowledgeable and eager to assist you in any way. It is an older hotel, but it is very well kept and is in better overall condition than several of the "newer" hotels in the area. The hotel offers a nice, well kept bar with nightly specials, as well as a restaurant with a decent menu selection. We always look forward to our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle B
Thank you for your positive feedback - that is always appreciated and passed along to the managers and staff. We are happy you had a great experience with us. Our team of employees make the difference.
Duncanville, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

While the HI in NLR is an older hotel, the building has been renovated. With the exception of a very slow automatic doorway and elevator, and older metal doors to the rooms, the hotel has aged gracefully.

The hotel is very close to I-40, but because it runs perpendicular to it, you cannot hear the interstate traffic. The hotel is practically on the corner of Pershing and JFK/Main. Going north on JFK, you find several eateries within a 3-4 miles. Going south on Main, you enter trendy Argentum, and you can cross the Arkansas River to Little Rock.

Although the lobby is small, it is nice, and the waitstaff are helpful and friendly. I had no trouble checking in.

The room was spacious. In my room was a king bed, chair with ottoman, desk, tv (HDMI but only analog channels), microwave and fridge. The toilet and tub are dated, but everything else was very nice.

I could not use the pool (seasonal), but I did use the exercise room. The two treadmills are well used, and should be replaced.

In short, this is a nice hotel, and definitely an exceptional value for the price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken G
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a complimentary review on the hotel. I am so glad you had a great experience with us -- although our property is older, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and hospitality, and I am glad you felt welcome and secure and enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I hope you will return to us if you travel back through LIttle Rock! Thanks again!