“Mismanaged Holiday Inn” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
“Mismanaged Holiday Inn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was the worst Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in. They advertise free wireless but during my stay it never worked well enough to maintain a connection. After complaining every day for the first week I just gave up and used the hotspot on my phone. In talking to the maintenance staff they explained that they had been reviewed and were told that their routers were out dated and needed to be replaced but nothing had been done about it. As a priority club member I was not offered any discounts or treated any better then a nonmember. The restaurant that was attached to the hotel was even mismanaged worse then the hotel. They were out of most of the common beers I am used to drinking and did not order or restock as long as I was there. There breakfast menu was very limited and got even less as time went on. They had a limited menu and none of the items were that good.

Room Tip: Wireless service did not work on upper floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Gene D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the WiFi prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

our room was full of ants, and I brought some home with me. we paid cash but they put a hold on my card and after I called to get it fixed, another hold was put on the card, took a week to get charges off the card. This happened once before when I charged drinks to my room, they charged twice for the drinks. I'll go back for location and decent rate, but all cash and won't give them my card info

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear tessalmond,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would greatly appreciate additional information in order that we can investigate further.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I made a reservation yesterday for one night (last night) for my husband and son, and guaranteed it to a card in my name. Since I was not traveling with them I instructed the reservationist that they would be using another card for the charges at check in. Upon check-in my husband was told that the charges had been secured, and the front desk did not ask for ID. I did not want those charges on my card. The hotel and the reservationist dropped the ball on this!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear SRWright1776,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I had been driving a long time, across TX and OK, and just wanted a clean place to spend the night. I pulled off I-40 because I saw the Holiday Inn sign. It was tucked back a ways, but we found it and it was quite lovely inside. I was somewhat impressed. We needed a handicapped access room and got one that was more than adequate. All the basic amenities, fridge and microwave, etc. Nice, white bedding, lots of pillows. Though you actually accessed your room from an interior hallway, unlike so many motels, there was at least one add'l door you could access with a key card. This eliminated the need to go all the way up the hall and through the lobby to get outside and to your car. No Continental breakfast was included, and only when I inquired about that was I told we could have coupons that gave us a percentage off if we had breakfast in the attached restaurant. Which brings me to the attached restaurant--I don't recall the name, but my dh and I had dinner there, happy not to have to drive around to find somewhere to eat. It is a fairly large, well-decorated restaurant and bar, but I have never in my 60+ years seen so limited a menu in a restaurant! There were actually only two choices in any category--if memory serves, there were two appetizers, two salads, two entrees. (Which were both sandwiches.) I heard someone ask the waitress about dessert, and even though there was nothing for dessert listed on the menu, she gave him two options for that category, also. The food was fine, the service was fine...I believe it was the manager who kept stopping by our table asking how we were doing. But really, they need to get a chef who can make more than two things! Still, we managed to feed ourselves and I thought the hotel room itself was extremely nice.

1 Thank Candice K
Tracy, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel needs a update. The beds were ROCK HARD but the room was clean over all. The hotel is fairly quite and has all the basics. The restaurant was simple but served the best hot breakfast of the five hotels we stayed at. Can't recommend it for long term stays of a week but one night stay fits the bill.

The staff was fantastic and is why I can recommend the one night stay. Just good people.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about my staff. We really pride ourselves on our people and our Southern Hospitality. Hope you will return again for a one night stay again soon..
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is an older hotel that is well kept. It is basic but very clean and the staff is great. The only caveat is that it's a little tricky to find. Our gps got us close, but we had to drive around a bit to find it and find a way to get to it. I recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you had a great stay with us. I am happy you were pleased with the hotel and your service and especially with our staff. Thank you and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in room 110 a double/double bedded room. This is a remodeled HI that still feels more like the Ramada Inn it was before and is not up to par with other HI properties.

PRO's

37 inch flat screen TV.
Average bedding with mediocre, lumpy pillows.
Has microwave and mini fridge
Fresh paint attempts to hide the scars underneath.
Fairly clean

CON's

Smaller work desk with only one outlet for electronics unless you crawl under the desk.
NO available outlets bedside for cell phone, etc
Work chair is only good for short spurts on laptop.
Light street sounds from outside and occasional train
Small, Dated bathroom with small cultured marble countertops leaving little room for toiletries.

A 15 minutes plus ride to the airport. Shuttle was prompt and friendly but only runs from 8 AM to 10 PM so I had to get a taxi which was eventually covered by the property after resolving a "communication error" between night/day shift staff. This is NOT an airport property

Overall an average property. I give it a 72/100 overall and an 77/100 for value. I may stay here in the future but would also look elsewhere before hand. An OK property for a one nighter.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the access road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are an older hotel, but we really strive to provide a quiet, clean room, outstanding customer service and hospitality. I am glad our staff made a good impression on you, and hope to have you back for a one night stay again soon.