“Okay Hotel, Fine for Passing Through”

Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Charleston, SC
“Okay Hotel, Fine for Passing Through”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel as just a over night stay going further west and it wasn't the best Holiday Inn hotel but it was okay.

The rooms were small and cramped. For 4 adults more space would have been nice! The front desk was always very nice. Wish this hotel had free breakfast like other Holiday Inn hotels have. They have a nice restaurant which was empty but food still took a while to come. The lady working in the restaurant didn't really know how to count money and needs to improve on that for sure!! The food was good but a little pricey.

Overall not a bad hotel just not one that you would want to stay in for a long period of time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. The hotel was built in 1972, so our rooms are smaller than what the average hotel room size is today. But we like to make up for that inconvenience with great southern hopsitality, outstanding service, clean rooms, complimentary parking and other features. We are happy you found our hoel to be suitable for your travel needs. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was polite, but management was absent and the room was horrible. I travel 150 nights per year. This hotel was utterly worn out. The outlets cold barely hold a plug. The power strip shorted. The TV popped off without touching the remote. The night stand lamp could not be switched off. I has to unscrew the bulb to darken the room. I returned from a long day of work to find my room untouched by the maid. I called Holiday Inn to complain and never heard a word back from management.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bisbeeboy
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know that we did not meet your expectations. I am so sorry your room was not up to par, obviously we need to take the room out of order and get things back in working order.

I was here all week and I was not made aware of your issues or that you had requested to speak with me. Had I been notified you would have heard from me right away, I assure you.

Again, my sincere apology for your issues. I hope I can find your contact information so I may speak with you directly!
New Hudson, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Overall, this was a clean place for us to stay the night and relax before driving home. The water pressure in the showers was phenomenal and the hotel was very clean. However, the smell in the lobby was off putting (I'm going to assume it was an oil smell from the restaurant that is attached) and the girl that checked us in wasn't exactly the friendliest. We were told breakfast was included, but when we went down to eat, we were handed a $20 bill for the mediocre buffet. After speaking to the man at the counter the hotel happily waived the bill, but many other guests ended up paying (so make sure to ask if it happens to you!). I think it would have made more sense to give guests a breakfast pass beforehand, but it is what it is. Our room didn't have an odor or any bug issues and the a/c worked alright. The walls are a little thin, but not thin enough to be too much of an issue. As others have mentioned, the hotel definitely needed updating and maybe some plumbing fixed in the showers (pulling on the fixtures jiggled them around in the walls).

All in all, I'd probably stay here again as the price wasn't terrible for the quality of the room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sammi K
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate the fact that you reinforced all of the positive aspects of your stay with us. Although our property is older, we do offer all of the amenities today's traveler expects. We also strive to provide the best hospitality and customer service in the area, and I will addess the non-friendliness issue you mentioned. Thanks again for your honest and fair review.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first time staying a holiday inn and I must say it excelled my expectations. The entrance way was very inviting. It had a sitting area where you could watch tv with a huge aquarium, that was a nice touch. It also had a separate sitting area away from the tv if you wanted to drink coffee or read. The hotel also had an on-site bar/restaurant. The service was good, the front desk clerk greeted us with a smile every time we entered and exited the hotel. The location was good, we were literally minutes away from all the attractions. The rooms were really nice,clean and spacious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank MAMM11
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know you were pleased with our property and our employees. It is our goal to provide the best in hospitality and customer service, and I will make sure our staff is aware of your comments. Thanks again and we do hope if you are ever in our area again you will stay with us. Safe travels!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We are Holiday Inn regulars but would not choose this site for another visit. We didn't read the reviews before we booked our night- it would have prompted us to go on down the road.
It is a very dated property but appreciated finding it clean overall. The young man at the front desk was very polite and helped us with the Internet connection that we were struggling to make.
The main reason we would not return is the smell in the hotel. The lobby had a very strange smell. Smelled as though old Chinese food was sitting somewhere. It was a very unwelcoming beginning. The hallways upstairs were pleasant enough but our room had a very unpleasant musty smell. We considered leaving as it was causing a headache. We decided against it and turned up the air conditioning which seemed to help.
I would encourage the management to consider how to improve the smell issue.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kcasey60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Kcasey60,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Pulling up there this HI already gives you a "outdated" feeling. Although the staff is super friendly and the lobby looks great, especialy the woodwork and the aquarium, the rooms could use a little touch-up. They are nice and clean, but the furniture has been there too long. Breakfast is served in a restaurant in the same building, for which you get a 20%-off coupon. But even with this coupon you can get a much better breakfast for less money elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeananne H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Little Rock - JFK/City Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to compliment my staff here at Holiday Inn North Little Rock, and I am glad you had a stay with us that exceeded your expectations. I really appreeciate your feedback, and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was the worst Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in. They advertise free wireless but during my stay it never worked well enough to maintain a connection. After complaining every day for the first week I just gave up and used the hotspot on my phone. In talking to the maintenance staff they explained that they had been reviewed and were told that their routers were out dated and needed to be replaced but nothing had been done about it. As a priority club member I was not offered any discounts or treated any better then a nonmember. The restaurant that was attached to the hotel was even mismanaged worse then the hotel. They were out of most of the common beers I am used to drinking and did not order or restock as long as I was there. There breakfast menu was very limited and got even less as time went on. They had a limited menu and none of the items were that good.

Room Tip: Wireless service did not work on upper floors