“Not impressed with Dixie Cafe this trip”
Review of Dixie Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dixie Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Not impressed with Dixie Cafe this trip”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I met my wife, daughter, son-in-law and grandson for dinner at Dixie Cafe the night before my daughter's C-Section. I was not impressed with my fried pork chops. It had too much batter for me. The gravy was not the traditional white sawmill gravy that mom made. The gravy had some spice in it that I didn't care for. The mashed potatoes were good and the fried okra was okay. The bread was good when it was hot. The cornbread was really good.
When the featured meat doesn't measure up, it's a letdown. Dixie Cafe is a place that I visit every two or three years or so, but it's not a regular go-to place for me. I went this time because it was where my daughter and son-in-law wanted to go that evening.

• Visited April 2012

North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Enjoyable Eat Place”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Dixie is a good eat place. They have a good menu and the food is always good. The service is good and the waiters are always friendly and helpful. Over the years I can't say that I've had a bad experience at any of the Dixie Locations and the food quality is consistently good. They do send out coupons in the mail at times which entices us to visit more often.

All in all, you can't go wrong with Dixie Cafe.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank rmr3599
“Nice out of way location”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This is a good place to eat and most times it is not over crowded cause it is out of the way a bit

Good food you get more food than you will at cracker barrel for the same price plus great light portions at a good value. Not to mention it taste better than other corporate southern cooking restaurants

Phoenix, Arizona
“Chain Slop Food - No Quality”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Went for dinner, most of what we had was over salted & seemed like someone's leftovers.
The atmosphere was clean & quite nice but the quality of the food was just plain bad.
Generous portions but who cares if you can't eat it?
This place could really be a hit if management was paying attention.
No return visit for us.

• Visited November 2011
Clinton, Arkansas
“Won't go back”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

There was a day when I was a big fan of Dixie Cafe. That ended with betting food poisoning. A year later, gave them a 2nd chance- and got sick again. No more

The old addage "fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice, shame on me" holds true. They may be perfectly safe and good now. But I will never go back.

I should have known, as I had previously had experiences with undercooked pork chops as well as chicken livers. I hope they have cleaned up their act.