“Average food and menu”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Rockford, Illinois
“Average food and menu”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had hoped for a typical southern restaurant. We were looking for great fried okra and delicious greens and what they served was just average. The menu was fairly broad but not as southern as we hoped. Servings were good sized, wait staff was average. I probably wouldn't try it again.

• Visited April 2013

Texarkana, Texas
“Good food, priced right”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We visited with a party of 10. Everyone liked the food. Great service and reasonable prices. We would visit them again. Can't say that about the NLR TGI Friday's we ate at the night before....

• Visited March 2013
Victoria, Minnesota
“Good southern fare, but not great”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a chain, not your mama's Sunday table. If you keep that in mind, you'll do ok. If you are a son of the south and get too picky about how the fried okra or hushpuppies are "supposed" to taste, you'll be disappointed.

This is a very safe choice when entertaining yankees from out of town. Something on the menu for everyone.

• Visited May 2012
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good Example of what Dixie should be.”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I reviewed a Dixie Cafe in another location the other day that was not so good. Just wanted to let you know that the majority of Dixie's are great eat places. Tonight we visited this local Dixie that I've eaten at many times. Tonight we ordered the chef salads. Dixie serves up some huge salads and you are better off to share one and possibly order an appetizer and split it also. They have crisp lettuce with what we call Tommy Toe tomato's, cheese, croutons, and bacon bits with one the dressing of your choice. In addition if you order it with a meat choice they have big chunks of turkey, ham, chicken grilled or fried etc The chef is usually more than one person can eat and you'll go home with a take home box.
All in all Dixie Cafe's are a pretty safe bet to get a good meal.

• Visited May 2012
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Not impressed with Dixie Cafe this trip”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I met my wife, daughter, son-in-law and grandson for dinner at Dixie Cafe the night before my daughter's C-Section. I was not impressed with my fried pork chops. It had too much batter for me. The gravy was not the traditional white sawmill gravy that mom made. The gravy had some spice in it that I didn't care for. The mashed potatoes were good and the fried okra was okay. The bread was good when it was hot. The cornbread was really good.
When the featured meat doesn't measure up, it's a letdown. Dixie Cafe is a place that I visit every two or three years or so, but it's not a regular go-to place for me. I went this time because it was where my daughter and son-in-law wanted to go that evening.

• Visited April 2012