“Nice quiet room, got a great night of sleep”

Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in North Little Rock
Canton, MI
“Nice quiet room, got a great night of sleep”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Arrived to a very clean looking hotel and the room was every bit as clean. Our room faced a wooded area, so was very quiet all night long. Got a good night of sleep there. Breakfast was the usual hot type breakfast. Biscuits were a bit dry but everything else was fine. Will return there again the next time in Little Rock area.

Room Tip: Get one by the wooded area
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
ruston, la
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed at this particular property a couple of weeks ago and i chose them over holiday inn express mainly because their rooms were nicer and cleaner. The manager and his wife were very professional and helped me find everything i needed while i was in Little Rock. Thank You soo much for this pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
bwsherwood, General Manager at Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed here in late August,2012. Everything was very clean, modern, fresh and I loved the hotel except for the pillows. I never could get comfortable bc they were too fat, but that was minor. Trying to find the hotel was tricky, but so glad we did!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
bwsherwood, Owner at Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliment with us! We are very proud of the quality of service we provide here at the Best Western Plus Sherwood Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Tuscola, Illinois
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

We traveled to N Little Rock to welcome our son back from a deployment in Afghanistan. This Best Western was amazingly clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. Oir room was very comfy and our stay was extremely affordable!! Would highly recommend this Best Western!!

• Stayed September 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Plus Sherwood Inn & Suites. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the North Little Rock/Sherwood Area!
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I gave this hotel a 10 on all the follow up questions from Best Western. The owner was there to talk to; everything about it was perfect. The extras were: a phone next to the toilet in case you needed it, longer breakfast hours; a hair dryer, extra coffee (which I've never seen before), a great $80.00 rate- tax included, extremely helpful staff; and they were replacing someof the mattresses while we were there. The only tip is: North Little Rock's road system has on side of the highway name Warner and the other Trammel and it is one way on each side, so if you don't go far enough on Trammel, you have to make a loop back to get to Warner. very confusing at night when it's raining and you're tired.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annieb1234_10
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting a friend in North Little Rock, AR. The price was right at $74.69/night plus tax, but was expecting a little more based on the reviews here. However this is a perfectly safe and adequate hotel for an overnight stay. Although it doesn't have an elevator, there are only two floors in the hotel, and the stairs aren't bad if you are healthy and don't have tons of luggage. Here are pros and cons:

Pros:
-Comfortable beds - pillowtop mattresses;
-Nice modern TV with plenty of channel selections;
-Nice bathroom with decent counter space after moving coffee maker and ice bucket out of there;
-Non-smoking hotel - no pets policy which I appreciate;
-Free breakfast - with hot and cold items - average breakfast;
-Good location near food and shopping;
-Workout room is adequate with 3 cardio and one bow-flex type machine, and towels and TV.

Cons:
-They need better desk help. The woman that checked me in on Sunday wasn't very helpful in finding me a quiet room. I wanted a choice of rooms but she quickly said they were almost full, which they weren't because there were only about 10-12 cars in the parking lot. She put me in a room facing the street/main entrance where there was a building alarm from another nearby building that had been going off since that afternoon. At 1am when I couldn't fall asleep, the night desk staff person helped me find a quieter room facing the back parking lot and even helped me move my stuff. Being that I was staying there 3 nights I didn't think she was very helpful. She didn't even ask how my stay was when she checked me out.
-Housekeeping was only so so - I ran out of toilet paper the second day because they didn't refill when they cleaned; I came back on another afternoon to find my sink hadn't been cleaned - still had coffee stains from that morning; they left dirty towel one day;
-The room needs more lamps - only two and it was sort of dark;
-Pool is small and out in front with no privacy - they closed the pool the day after Labor Day when it was 100 degrees out - I thought that was odd;
-Business center is nice but with only one computer so I had to wait if it was occupied;
-There were a few truckers/large vehicles that stayed one night that were loud one morning in back parking lot.

To sum up this is a good hotel for an overnight stay. However, for an extended stay I would choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Kohl's and back parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Quiet_Night
Here at the Best Western Plus Sherwood Inn & Suites, we strive to give our guests an experience that exceeds their expectations. The staff works very hard to provide excellence in service and product. In this instance we fell short of our goal and we apologize for any inconvience that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that what you experienced is not normal service at this hotel. We hope that you will give us another shot when you are back in the area. We appciate your feedback and will use it to help us improve.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel is very nice for the price. My sister and I stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times. The pool is in an odd place as it is in the front of the property so if you are shy about being in a bathing suit, you might not appreciate that.

It was quiet...I slept until 9:00 a.m.! That was totally unexpected. Breakfast was decent..the eggs were powdered eggs. The second floor was quite the hike with heavy luggage as there was no elevator. The rooms seem fairly insulated from outside sounds and noise.

Room Tip: One trip we were on the bottom floor and the next trip we were on the top floor. The back of the ho...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Thank for taking the time out of your day to write a review on your Hotel stay, I’m glad you had a wonderful stay and your needs were all met, we do try our best to take care of all of our guests. We look forward to meeting you on your next visit to North Little Rock/Sherwood, AR.