“Great place with great hosts”

Baker House Bed and Breakfast
“Great place with great hosts”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This place was absolutely wonderful. The house was amazing, but the hospitality is what puts it over the top. When we checked in Guy gave us a tour of the house, letting us take a peek at the other rooms that were checked out for the night but guests hadn't arrived yet so that we could see what else they offered. Wonderful breakfast in the morning. I left my cell phone charger when we checked out and then walked to lunch. When we got back, it was under our windshield wiper blade so that we made sure to take it. Overall just the most accommodating kind people ever.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the Baker House B&B when I visited Little Rock for a business trip. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The property manager and owner contacted me prior to and during my stay to be sure I had what I needed/wanted. The inn is beautiful (be sure to ask about the curly pine woodwork) and easy to find. There is free street parking right next to the inn. It's located conveniently, with nice restaurants just a 1/2 block away. My meeting was in the conference center, across the bridge. I enjoyed walking across the bridge each morning, but I took the trolley back in the evenings. The trolleys were clean, convenient, and safe, and the trolley stopped just a block away from the inn.

My room was cozy and decorated nicely. The beds were incredibly comfortable; I slept like a baby each night. The bathroom was huge and I truly enjoyed the claw-foot tub. The in-room coffee pot was a nice touch, too. Breakfast was great and I had ready access to bottled water, sodas, and snacks throughout the day.

I am a frequent B&B visitor (I prefer them to hotels) and have stayed at inns domestically and internationally. I highly recommend Baker House B&B if you plan to stay even one night in Little Rock.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I use visiting my family as our excuse to drive 8 hours to stay here.

This was the third time we stayed at the Baker House, and it was as thoroughly enjoyable as the first two. Guy is an absolutely wonderful (and accommodating) innkeeper, and has an encyclopedic first-hand knowledge of local restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: Book the Hays suite whenever possible. The bedroom is cozy and comfortable, but the bathroom (which...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days! It was absolutly wonderful! The rooms were gorgeous and spacious! The breakfast was to die for and Sonya & Guy were just wonderful hosts! It is a perfect, central location! We made sure every morning to get up in time to enjoy the wonderful breakfast! Always hot & fresh! We stayed in the Hays Suite on the 2nd floor the first night and the Matthews Suite on the 3rd floor the remaining nights! Both were fantastic rooms! We hope to make a trip back every year to Little Rock and will be staying here at the Baker House every year!

Room Tip: The Matthews Suite is perfect but any room in the house would be great! All spacious with private ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We loved that the extra big bathroom. It made it a two room suite. We stayed 2 nights and both nights we just walked down the street to dinner. Comfy bed, great breakfast, and friendly innkeeper.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The Baker house was a lovely place to stay while on my family history tour of Little Rock and Hot Springs. My schedule had me up and out very early each day, well before their normal breakfast time. Each day they prepared breakfast and had it in the fridge for me, along with a beautiful place setting. On my last day the host, Guy, joined me early for breakfast and to say good bye. I appreciated his input on where to eat. Great parking for an in- city location and a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2011
Batesville, AR
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Bed-and-breakfasts and charming older hotels are not for everyone--to me, it is a matter of expectations. Baker House met mine, and I was delighted with a comfortable king-size bed loaded with pillows in the Laman suite with a private bath with a shower just steps away in the hall. Some folks would have been annoyed by having to step into the hall to go to their private bath, but it made it feel like I was staying in a real home with old-fashioned architecture along with the smell of clean, old wood and the glorious quiet. The coffeemaker wasn't plugged in and I couldn't find an easily accessible location to plug it in, but there was plenty of hot coffee waiting for me downstairs the next morning. There was a smidgen of dust but it was less than in my bedroom. The room is not completely dark due to arrangement of the curtains, so it's like a full moon illuminating the windows. The downstairs butler's pantry offered me some cranberry juice and a packaged cookie when I arrived. This was good because the innkeepers have requested no outside food in the rooms. A sitting area offered a pleasant place to read magazines. Breakfast was served at 8 a.m.: biscuits, eggs, bacon, watermelon, fresh pineapple, juice, and coffee. It was very pleasant to visit with folks at the table. North Little Rock's first bed and breakfast is something the city should be proud of, and you can't beat location in the heart of the Argenta Arts District and the $89 price. The rooms are all on the second and third floor, so those with mobility issues, take note. The handrails are firm, however, and the circular staircase is easier to navigate than a regular one. I hope to come back again and visit soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
#20 of 62 in Little Rock
Residence Inn Little Rock Downtown

Been to Baker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!