“Home away from home”

Baker House Bed and Breakfast
Phoenix, AZ
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I selected Baker House based on reviews but mainly because there was a room (Burns Room) with twin beds, uncommon for a bed and breakfast. My sister-in-law and I travel together and appreciate having our own space for sleeping. The historic home was tastefully appointed with period furnishings but also offered modern amenities like wireless internet and super-cold a/c. Guy, the proprietor, cheerfully greeted us each morning with generous breakfast offerings and took time to visit with us before we left on our outings. He does not reside at the house so in the evenings we felt like we had the house to ourselves. Housekeeping and attention to our needs was impeccable. Beds were comfortable, atmosphere was quiet, location was convenient for site-seeing and parking was always available. I would stay there again if I were traveling to Little Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arkansas
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband was one of the artists for the Argenta Theafoundation arts festival and we needed a close place to stay. There are few choices unless you stay in downtown Little Rock, but we needed to set up his booth. The Baker House was around the corner so location was our first priority. The fact that it was a great place to stay was an added bonus! We had one of the smaller rooms with twin beds and the bath with no stand-up shower, but it was comfortable. Noise and some light from the hall and outside was a little distracting, but the beds were comfortable. The mirror over the sink in the bathroom is an antique and the lighting is pretty bad for make-up application, but I had a small mirror with me so it was doable. Guy, the manager, could not be more hospitable. He immediately made us feel like we were family and set us up with breakfast even though we had to be up way too early for the house breakfast. The Argenta neighborhood is wonderful with cafes, bars, art gallerys surrounded by a quiet urban neighborhood. It is very walkable, we walked to the River Market downtown Little Rock and then rode the trolley back. You get passes for the trolley from Guy. It was really a perfect set-up for us and we will certainly try to stay at the Baker House again.

Room Tip: If you need a shower be sure and ask for a room with shower.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We loved our stay at the Baker House. Breakfast was wonderful. The room was very interesting and charming. We appreciated the trolley passes which took us downtown. The only drawback was the bathtub with no real shower.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This place was absolutely wonderful. The house was amazing, but the hospitality is what puts it over the top. When we checked in Guy gave us a tour of the house, letting us take a peek at the other rooms that were checked out for the night but guests hadn't arrived yet so that we could see what else they offered. Wonderful breakfast in the morning. I left my cell phone charger when we checked out and then walked to lunch. When we got back, it was under our windshield wiper blade so that we made sure to take it. Overall just the most accommodating kind people ever.

• Stayed March 2012
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the Baker House B&B when I visited Little Rock for a business trip. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The property manager and owner contacted me prior to and during my stay to be sure I had what I needed/wanted. The inn is beautiful (be sure to ask about the curly pine woodwork) and easy to find. There is free street parking right next to the inn. It's located conveniently, with nice restaurants just a 1/2 block away. My meeting was in the conference center, across the bridge. I enjoyed walking across the bridge each morning, but I took the trolley back in the evenings. The trolleys were clean, convenient, and safe, and the trolley stopped just a block away from the inn.

My room was cozy and decorated nicely. The beds were incredibly comfortable; I slept like a baby each night. The bathroom was huge and I truly enjoyed the claw-foot tub. The in-room coffee pot was a nice touch, too. Breakfast was great and I had ready access to bottled water, sodas, and snacks throughout the day.

I am a frequent B&B visitor (I prefer them to hotels) and have stayed at inns domestically and internationally. I highly recommend Baker House B&B if you plan to stay even one night in Little Rock.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I use visiting my family as our excuse to drive 8 hours to stay here.

This was the third time we stayed at the Baker House, and it was as thoroughly enjoyable as the first two. Guy is an absolutely wonderful (and accommodating) innkeeper, and has an encyclopedic first-hand knowledge of local restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: Book the Hays suite whenever possible. The bedroom is cozy and comfortable, but the bathroom (which...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days! It was absolutly wonderful! The rooms were gorgeous and spacious! The breakfast was to die for and Sonya & Guy were just wonderful hosts! It is a perfect, central location! We made sure every morning to get up in time to enjoy the wonderful breakfast! Always hot & fresh! We stayed in the Hays Suite on the 2nd floor the first night and the Matthews Suite on the 3rd floor the remaining nights! Both were fantastic rooms! We hope to make a trip back every year to Little Rock and will be staying here at the Baker House every year!

Room Tip: The Matthews Suite is perfect but any room in the house would be great! All spacious with private ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn Little Rock Downtown
Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
#21 of 62 in Little Rock

Been to Baker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!