“Intersting adventure”

Baker House Bed and Breakfast
Kiev, Ukraine
“Intersting adventure”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We were on the business trip with my colleague, and choosing among the hotels in Little Rock I suggested a crazy idea to stay at Victorian house, just for unusual experience. The house totally met my expectations, it is really a wonderful piece of history. One thing I didn't expect was the poor sound isolation, you can literally hear every step of your neighbor next door. So you feel as if all the inhabitants share the same space with very little privacy. Usually I am very sensitive to that; however, this time I was surprised that this didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I even had a very good sleep at night, but I was using the ear plugs. And everything they say in the review about the hospitality of the innkeeper and the owner is true, they are very nice. In general, I liked this experience, this really was an adventure.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stopped on our honeymoon at the Baker House and couldn't be more pleased! The southern hospitality was wonderful, and we truly enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They gave you free passes to the Little Rock trolley, which was a great way to see the city. The house itself is absolutely gorgeous as well. If we ever make it to Little Rock again, we will be staying again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Wonderful place. I stayed with my mom and dad while she attended a reunion with her college roommates. The rooms were wonderful, and the bathrooms were the best I've ever seen. Great bathtubs, beautiful decor, wonderful hospitality. Italian Restaurant across the street was a great place to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I selected Baker House based on reviews but mainly because there was a room (Burns Room) with twin beds, uncommon for a bed and breakfast. My sister-in-law and I travel together and appreciate having our own space for sleeping. The historic home was tastefully appointed with period furnishings but also offered modern amenities like wireless internet and super-cold a/c. Guy, the proprietor, cheerfully greeted us each morning with generous breakfast offerings and took time to visit with us before we left on our outings. He does not reside at the house so in the evenings we felt like we had the house to ourselves. Housekeeping and attention to our needs was impeccable. Beds were comfortable, atmosphere was quiet, location was convenient for site-seeing and parking was always available. I would stay there again if I were traveling to Little Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Arkansas
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband was one of the artists for the Argenta Theafoundation arts festival and we needed a close place to stay. There are few choices unless you stay in downtown Little Rock, but we needed to set up his booth. The Baker House was around the corner so location was our first priority. The fact that it was a great place to stay was an added bonus! We had one of the smaller rooms with twin beds and the bath with no stand-up shower, but it was comfortable. Noise and some light from the hall and outside was a little distracting, but the beds were comfortable. The mirror over the sink in the bathroom is an antique and the lighting is pretty bad for make-up application, but I had a small mirror with me so it was doable. Guy, the manager, could not be more hospitable. He immediately made us feel like we were family and set us up with breakfast even though we had to be up way too early for the house breakfast. The Argenta neighborhood is wonderful with cafes, bars, art gallerys surrounded by a quiet urban neighborhood. It is very walkable, we walked to the River Market downtown Little Rock and then rode the trolley back. You get passes for the trolley from Guy. It was really a perfect set-up for us and we will certainly try to stay at the Baker House again.

Room Tip: If you need a shower be sure and ask for a room with shower.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We loved our stay at the Baker House. Breakfast was wonderful. The room was very interesting and charming. We appreciated the trolley passes which took us downtown. The only drawback was the bathtub with no real shower.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This place was absolutely wonderful. The house was amazing, but the hospitality is what puts it over the top. When we checked in Guy gave us a tour of the house, letting us take a peek at the other rooms that were checked out for the night but guests hadn't arrived yet so that we could see what else they offered. Wonderful breakfast in the morning. I left my cell phone charger when we checked out and then walked to lunch. When we got back, it was under our windshield wiper blade so that we made sure to take it. Overall just the most accommodating kind people ever.

• Stayed March 2012
Residence Inn Little Rock Downtown
Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
#15 of 63 in Little Rock

Been to Baker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!