“A Free night turned bad”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My free night at Quaky Inn lasted one hour. As we checked in we noticed that the rugs need to be cleaned. Once we got to our room and got ready for bed we noticed that the sheets were dirty. There was dirty on the rugs. (no barefoot tonight.) We decided to leave and as we did we noticed that the door jamb looked like it had been kicked in. There were dirty diapers in hall. We checked out quickly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Just a really yucky room. The carpet was so stained that I wouldn't walk on it barefoot. Bugs on the wall and the furniture has seen better days. There are no restaurants in the area. Didn't seem like a very good neighborhood. We didn't stay for breakfast because we just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. Stay at Hazen, AR which is just a few miles east of North Little Rock. Eat breakfast at the Hurley House in Hazen.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

First and foremost, a little tip: If you use your GPS to find this motel, be sure to plug-in the zip code because this Quality Inn & Suites is in NORTH Little Rock. Our GPS took us to Little Rock and a wrong address. The desk staff tells us this happen quite frequently to guests using GPS to find them. If you're coming from the I-40, get off at exit 153A. (The GPS will tell you exit 153B and that's not correct).

Okay, now for our stay: LOVED IT!!! Clean room. Nice atmosphere. Nice decor. Pet friendly. King size bed with LOTS of pillows! Bed was extremely comfortable with lightweight down comforter! Desk, chair, lounge chair, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board in room, free HBO, free WiFi.

Pets accepted for an additional fee.

Outdoor pool (loooked inviting, but we did not use it). Also a small fitness center on premises.

Free breakfast consisted of cereal, milk, coffee, tea, juice, begals & cream cheese, toast, danish, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, link sausages and biscuits & gravy. Very nice spread of food! Oh, and did I mention 24-hour coffee available in lobby?

Desk staff very friendly and accomodating.

Prices very reasonable.

Elevator on premises so no worries if you're on an upper floor.

I would definitely recommend this Quality Inn & Suites and would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

For the price, this one is hard to beat! It was clean; the beds were comfortable; the room had new updates and wasn't cramped. It was located on a quiet street - a bit apart from the hustle and bustle, but easy enough to access. There weren't a lot of quick and easy places to eat close to the hotel, but a local pizza business (which also offers sandwiches, etc.) delivers to the hotel (menus in the rooms), and the food/variety/service/prices were excellent!! The comforters/spreads on the beds were somewhat lumpy from laundering, but at least you knew they had been laundered! The staff was friendly. All in all a good experience, and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in North Little Rock to care for a brother that just came out of a hospital. I chose the Quality Inn and Suites because of other reviews. The motel is a distance from restaurants (mostly fast food), but North Little Rock isn’t known for its night life. It’s relatively close to the City of Little Rock so that shouldn’t be a problem, if you need a fancier restaurant.
When I arrived I was greeted by very friendly staff. However, when I got to my assigned room, I found that the lights at the desk didn’t work and the cord on one side of the blackout blinds was broken so only one side came up. When I notified them of this they put me into another room right away.
The suite was large with a king-size bed, a sofa, TV, microwave oven, and a refrigerator. The room and bath was very clean, except for rust stains in the toilet. They were dark enough to tell me there was no serious attempt to clean them.
The Inn has a medium size outdoor pool and an exercise room with a treadmill, an elliptical walker, and a stationary bicycle. I was able to use that amenity a few times during my stay and found everything in good order. Because I was helping my brother I didn’t get to use the pool (which opened at 9am and closed at 9pm I believe)
They offer a complimentary breakfast with hot food, usually scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits and the make it yourself waffle machine; and cold cereal, fruits, pastries, yoghurt, coffee and juice. All was very good.
The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my nine day stay. There was only one fly in the ointment: one evening (around the middle of my stay) I came back late (as usual) and found the room was poorly made up. There were no fresh towels. The wastebaskets weren’t emptied, and the bed was quickly tossed together (in my opinion.) When I called the front desk, I was told fresh towels would be brought up in ten minutes. After fifteen minutes I called again, and was told there was only the one person at the desk and he couldn’t leave. If I was told that at the first call I would have come down to get the towels instead of waiting for no one to show up. I listed the problems I found to be passed to housekeeping. The rest of my stay was fine with the room properly made up and cleaned.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay, the area was quiet, the bed comfortable, and the staff friendly. I would stay here again. I just hope they clean the rust stains in that room and in any other room with that problem. A little extra elbow grease will clean the stains and not turn off the guest.
When I checked out the person at the front desk got a call. It would have been nice if he took a moment to say "thank you for staying with us.” or acknowledging my departure.

Room Tip: The suites usually aren't much more then the rooms and they are a little bigger with a couch and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Oddly half remodled motel. Bugs in room and lobby by breakfast. We were soppose to have queen beds, pretty sure they were doubles. Holes in drywall. No ice. Lots of local kids were swimming in outdoor pool and using very inappropriate language. Motel staff were aware of this. We were just looking for a clean room to spend 10 hours in...nothing fancy.
We will stick to more expensive chains.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Okay, so the room isn't perfect but the price is great. The carpet was torn right inside our door, there were puncture holes in a couple of the walls, the roman shade (which obviously was VERY nice at one time), and in the comforter. The room was small for a suite, but still very nice--you can tell it was top notch at one time in the past. The bed was FANTASTIC! Plush and comfy. I want to take it home with me. ;-) Breakfast would have been really good if we could have got to it sooner. There were tons of people crowded in the space and much of the food had been depleted. On weekends they serve sausage links and bacon, or so they told me. It was all gone at 8:45 when we were there. I did enjoy a biscuit with gravy though, and the best juice EVER at a hotel. The juice machine had an option for a peachy orange citrus juice. YUM! I've never seen that before. I'll be looking for that again in our travels. The breakfast room staff was very friendly, just couldn't keep up with the crowds. --We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business