“Nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Ashdown, Arkansas
“Nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

I'm actually writing this review sitting in the room. Rooms are clean. Bed is comfortable. I've been here numerous times over the last 8-9 years either to just stay or for business reasons. Benihanas has changed over the years. Used to be a place I couldn't wait to eat at, last night I couldn't wait to get out. Food just wasn't as good and flavorful as it used to be. Our cook wasn't very lively. Oh well guess we'll try one of the other restaurants next time. The hotel itself is nice. Location isn't as bad as others have said. It's within sight of the Verison arena and the Travelers stadium. Worth the stay over all. Thanks Becki.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank JayM71
blewis73, Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thanks so much for your review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am very disappointed that your experience at Benihana was not as great as your past experiences. I apologize that this chef was having an off night. I do hope you will give them another try the next time you stay with us. Also, don't forget the award winning, Riverfront Steakhouse. We would be happy to have you dine with us there as well!

I hope to see you at our hotel again soon!

Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

The room was GREAT , the BED was excellent, Food was WONDERFUL, CLEANLINESS was really good, but I left my purple covered Amazon Kindle in the room. Noticed it the next day - went in - they said housekeeping did not have time to look. Had to leave. Called. Left message. No response. Live in Fayetteville. Was in Little Rock a week later. Went by in person again - in the morning. Once again, "Housekeeping hasn't had time to look." End of the day - "I have to return home." Housekeeping hasn't looked thru stuff yet, we'll give you a call. A week later - no call. Left a message for the manager. NO CALL. Guess somebody has my Christmas Kindle. Expensive lesson at the Wyndham.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TCB-Fville
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
I noticed your review on Trip Advisor and I wanted to write and thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Kindle during your trip to the Little Rock area. I immediately followed up with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the item and she told me she had spoken with you yesterday. I am so sorry to hear we were not able to locate it for you. It is always nice to be able to locate and return a lost item to a guest!

I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Little Rock area and if there is anything I can do for you during any future stay, I hope you will not hesitate to contact me.

Cherry Valley, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

i stayed at the wyndham for 1 night while in town for business. everything is way overpriced ($2.25 for a coca-cola out of the machines!) i didnt use the mini-bar, watch pay-per-view, or order room service (an omlete was $9.00!!!) when i checked in or out nothing was said about charging my account anything extra. i made reservations a month in advance so i understood everything to be paid for. when i checked in i was handed a piece of paper stating "due to the increase in vehicle break ins we recommend you remove or hide all electronic devices from view" as i was on my way home i was told that the hotel had charged $25.00 to my account. when i called, the desk clerk told me "well we charge everybody $25.00 for incidentals". after arguing with the clerk on getting my money back, i was told i'd get it back in a couple days. the hotel was clean enough but smelled like cleaner and the pillows were uncomfortable causing me to toss all night. i would not recommend staying here because they charge hidden fees, i feel that is the same as stealing from me.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phillipsbrad17
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
I saw your review regarding your recent stay and wanted to reply to your comments.

First, I wanted to say that we feel our hotel is an excellent value! We make every effort to ensure our products are competitively priced. At $7.45, our omelet offered through room service is not only a delicious breakfast, but an excellent value as well! While the prices of our vending machine products are set by the vending company and not by the hotel, all the sodas in our four guestroom vending areas are priced at a very reasonable $1.25.

I apologize that the clerk who checked you in just handed you the letter rather than explaining that our local law enforcement has asked all the central Arkansas hotels to advise travelers to please keep valuables out of sight during their visit to the area. Since local hotels have started getting this message out to travelers, vehicle break ins have dramatically declined in the area. We are very proud to be able to aid law enforcement and our state's visitors in this way!

Lastly, I noticed you mentioned a charge of $25 for incidentals. It is standard to authorize a credit card for a slightly higher amount than room and tax charges to ensure the card will be able to cover any incidental charges incurred during the stay. When a guest uses a debit card, this actually places a hold on this amount of money in their account for up to seven days. We know that not all debit card users understand this, therefore, we have a plaque at each registration area explaining this in hopes that there are no surprises for our customers.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area and if there is anything I can do for you during any future stay, I hope you will not hesitate to ask for me.

san diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

I travel to Little Rock often and stay at Doubletree, Holiday Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn. I used Priceline for a 3 Star hotel and got the Wyndham NLR. When I opened the door to the room it looked like a 1 star hotel. Brown carpeting, old furniture that looks like something left over from the 80s. The room is clean but dark and gloomy. I'm not sure what other guests are referring to when mentioning renovated rooms. Perhaps they haven't started on this room yet and save it for Priceline customers. I'm sorry but the room is just too ugly and old to claim 3stars. Holiday Inn Express can beat this place any day. Sorry Wyndham...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
I am so sorry to hear our choice of decor did not meet your expectations. I am happy you found your accommodations to be clean and hope you were comfortable during your stay with us and were provided with superior service.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed over night on a road trip through Little Rock. The room was large and very clean.
I am extremely sensitive to mold and smoke smells, there were none here. Newly remodeled and updated rooms. Flat screen TVs and comfortable beds. Quiet. Area around hotel was mostly businesses that were not active at night. After reading a review that the area around was seedy, I would have to disagree. The area was clean and quiet
There is a Benihana in the hotel and the hotel restaurant looked nice. We had room service for breakfast and enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 2 September 2010
I noticed your review of your recent stay and I wanted to thank you for sharing your comments.

I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will continue to make our hotel your home away from home when in the Little Rock area.

Should there be anything I can do for you during any future stay, please do not hesitate to ask for me.

Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Our room was very nice, with double sized beds, and a sliding glass door so that the other adult in our party could go outside and smoke.We were on the first floor and we could not hear any stomping above us and we were also at the front end of the hall, and we did not hear a lot of noise outside of our room. I think that it had to do with the brick wall in our room. The only drawback was when my youngest daughter and niece "discovered" the vending machine in the room and that you could open the door and get "whatever candy or coke you want for free!!" So, lucky me, I had to call the front desk and tell them that the candy bars were put back because they charge it to your room when you get one and charge you again if you put it back. They were very nice about it though, and I assume that it must happen often. On our second night there, we ordered room service after the concert that was at the Verizon Arena, and the hamburgers were very good. The Verizon Arena as I stated before was within walking distance, and there are sidewalks and crosswalks the whole way. We would love to stay here again!
We also ate at Benihana which is located at the hotel. Ummm, not 100% impressed with that part, the chef tried, but as they aren't allowed to do certain things, we were dissapointed. Also, the chicken was like cardboard...but the rice was good :) There are also two other restaurants in the hotel, and I think that the room service was from the cafe, but we did not go into either one of those.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
I noticed your review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor and I wanted to write and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am so happy to hear you found our location so convenient. I hope you all had a fabulous time at the concert. I wanted to let you know we are currently in the process of replacing our refreshment centers with refrigerators as we have had many guests request this. We think our guests are really going to appreciate this change. I hope this will be helpful for you during future stays with us.

I want to apologize that your meal at Benihana did not meet your expectations. I can assure you this is not normally the case with our guests. I hope you will give Benihana another try the next time you are in the Little Rock area to taste the delicious food they normally prepare.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will continue to make our hotel your home away from home when in the Little Rock area.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Don't park in the back side, my vehicle was broken into. Hotels first question when I notified them was "was your door locked".

The area around the hotel doesn't look the greatest. I plan on staying south of the river next time.

The food at the hotel was great. The hotel front desk staff was okay, but not great. Maintenance was very professional and polite.

The computer service was slow.

There was hair in the coffee pot. The bathroom is not a great place for a coffee pot!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank LONEWOLF50
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 30 July 2010
Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to hear about the break in to your vehicle during your stay with us. I can assure you this is not something that normally happens at our hotel. In fact, the only cases of theft to vehicles we have had have occured when at item of value has been left in view inside a vehicle. I advise all travelers staying at any hotel to keep any valuables in their guestoom safe, in a safety deposit box at the front desk or at least in their trunk.

I want you to know we take great strides to ensure the safety and security of our guests and their belongings. We hire off duty officers for overnight security, we do background screenings on every employee we hire and have security cameras at every entrance. Our guests' safety and security is of the utmost importance to us.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our restaurants and our maintenance staff was so helpful. I want to apologize for the problem with your coffee pot. We do place them near the sink for convenience and because they are one cup coffee makers we do not normally have cleanliness issues with them but I am going to pass your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper to address.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Little Rock area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,242 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Little Rock Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#8 of 28 in North Little Rock
Little Rock Marriott
Little Rock Marriott
#12 of 63 in Little Rock

Been to Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock? Share your experiences!