“nice hotel, except for the church conference which they...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock

Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I will admit that I am truly familiar with the Wyndam family but I will say I am not impressed with the Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock property. My stay was for 5 days mixing business with pleasure. I was part of a fairly large group with various activities in the hotel and the surrounding area. First of all check-in was a mess! There were no bellman, doorman, or even luggage carts to handle my many items of luggage. The front desk attendant was overwhelmed - He gave me no instruction on the hotel layout (You need this!!), amenities, or area, luckily I checked the area before arriving for area restaurants and attractions. All he cared about was me initialing a section of the check-in sheet that stated I would be charged $250 for smoking in my room. After staying in the hotel, I doubt if that was enforced based on smell in the hallways. Be forewarned this hotel is like being in a human Labyrinth or maze, with 220 rooms spread across 2 floors. There numerous are long hallways running north/south and east/west with a pool in the middle. The wall maps are confusing and incomplete. It took me a few days to truly learn my way and I have an above average sense of direction. The rooms are basic but functional though the bathroom lighting is very dim. The wifi is very sloooow but it is free so I guess I cant complain...ok, maybe just a little. There are 2 restaurants on the property, The Riverfront Steakhouse and Benihana Japanese Steakhouse. We tried the Steakhouse for dinner which was above average and for breakfast again very good with many choices. During my stay I did see staff supervisors walking the hotel which was refreshing. Lastly the morning of check-out I found my bill not put under my door as most hotels but in the hallway for all to see. Looking down the hallway I was not the only victim of this breach of confidentiality.
Again, do not normally frequent the Wyndam brand so I hope this isn't their norm. Barley Recommended because it needs improvement.

Room Tip: Get a hotel map! You might see the river if you are on the second floor facing south or west.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Becki L, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am so sorry you did not get the help you needed at check in. I appreciate you letting us know about this so we can address it with our clerks. Every guest should get instructions to their room and a hotel map at check in as well as be offered assistance with their luggage.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meals in our Steakhouse. We are very proud of our two award winning restaurants. Most of our guests say they are far superior to most hotel restaurants.

Thank you for letting me know about the issue with your bill. You are correct. This should have been under the doors and not in the hall. I can assure you we will be addressing this with our bellmen.

We hope you will give us another try the next time you come to the Littlte Rock area. Just let us know you would prefer to be located closer to the front of the hotel and we can make that happen.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you have difficulty, walking this may not be the hotel for you. This place seemed like a maze, many buildings connected together.
The front desk staff was always helpful. This is an older hotel that now has a new name. The meeting rooms were adequate and comfortable. The beds and pillows were also comfortable. The bathroom was very tiny. They had top notch amenities in the bathroom. Room service was fair. The Steakhouse was very nice with great bargains. I stayed a week. On the last day the breakfast buffet had shown a marked improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an exit so you will not have far to walk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am happy you enjoyed your week long stay with us. It is always nice when our guests notice our amenities and bedding. We are very proud to offer Bath and Body Works amenities and new pillow top mattresses with both foam and feather pillows. Our hotel is pretty spread out with 220 rooms on two floors. Please let us know if you stay with us again that you would prefer a room at the front of the hotel so you do not have such a walk.

We hope to see you again soon!

Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in town for the Tae Kwon Do World Championships. Because where else would a Korean martial art have it's world championship other than Little Rock? We decided to go rather late, and most of the hotels in the city close to the convention center were either sold out, and charging a fortune for a room. The Wyndham was right across the river, and only $99, so we went for it.

As I had a former local explain to me later, "across the river" means "North Little Rock", which apparently has traditionally been the low income side of the city. As with other cities, like Tulsa, massive growth in one direction from downtown eventually puts enough pressure on the other direction that folks take a chance and spend some money buying up land and building new. Such is the case with the North Bank of the Arkansas. There was a new baseball stadium in sight, a nicely developed park along the waterfront, and at least for the first few blocks, a lot of new build of various kinds. The Wyndham being a fine example. I would assume this hotel would have charged double if it had been on the south side of the river.

This is a modern, clean and new "full service" hotel. Hence, conference facilities, etc. When not needing those full service items, they can be a nuisance to the business traveler, but it was not a problem for us. The rooms are good, everything clean and relatively new, the beds very comfy. there are no major highways here, so it was very pleasantly quiet. The place is BIG, and it can be a long walk back to the lobby from some locations. They have very good security, with power locks on all exterior doors, well lit parking lots, and I saw a member of the local constabulary parked out front that night. At no point did we feel unsafe.

The breakfast was included, and very good, a large and varied buffet, served on real plates.

Getting to the convention center was really simple. Walk out the front door, maybe 100 feet to the bridge that goes over the river, walk over the bridge, and you are there. It is literally directly across the river from the convention center. The hotel also ran a shuttle constantly back and forth, though we just walked.

One challenge, there was no convenience store readily at hand, so getting some bottles of water became a bit of a challenge. They had vending machines in the hotel, but they didn't work. Other than that, we think we got a great value for the money. Definitely an easy place to stay when heading for the convention center. And really good value for the money.

Room Tip: To save the long walk, you might ask for a room closer to the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you chose us for your stay for the tournament and I hope you will make our hotel your choice each and every year. We have many ATA folks who we have came to know that stay with us every year and we hope you and your family will become one of those as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,243 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Little Rock Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#8 of 28 in North Little Rock
Little Rock Marriott
Little Rock Marriott
#13 of 63 in Little Rock

Been to Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock? Share your experiences!