“Location is great and restaurants are very good...”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I was pleasantly surprized as the location turned out to be great and the food both breakfast and dinner was wonderful. We were late the first morning but they went out of their way to serve us. We ate dinner in both the Japanese restaurant and the steak house. I liked the steak house better but then I lived in Japan so know how I like my Teppanyaki. It was a short stroll to the trolley which would take you downtown. The Mall off the main road of downtown had the best Nordstroms and if you like shopping was the place to go, a short drive. Sharon Cann

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2009

Dear Ms. Cann:

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you will continue to make us your home away from home each time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area.

I look forward to seeing you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock for two nights. The hotel is slightly worn as you walk through the hallways, but the room was comfortable. Pillows were especially soft. They have a very good breakfast buffet for $7 that I would recommend for its price alone. We were by a stairwell and heard revelers from a St. Patricks Day celebration making noise up and down the staircase for several hours. Overall, we were satisfied with the experience. It has a good location near a large bridge which you can cross as a pedestrian with ease to get to the Marketplace area. It was worth the $79 or so per night we paid.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I stayed at this property for a business meeting. The lobby is pretty, complete with live piano music and two nice restaurants. However, when you proceed to the back hallway where the rooms are located the total feel of the hotel changes. The hallways are dark and reek of smoke with an 80's/90's atmosphere. It is apparent that upgrades have been attempted, but the overall feel is still outdated. The bedding appears modern with a white down comforter and throw pillows. Sadly, that it the extent of the mod touch. The bathroom has a "yellowish" hue with continued 80's/90's feel. The dark carpet and doors add to the "dark" feel. During my stay here, three cars were broken into, so I am not sure about the safety of the neighborhood or the security provided by hotel staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2009

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I want to apologize for the smoke smell you noticed while walking to your guestroom. I am aware our smoking rooms are located in a bad place in our hotel as you have to walk through this area to get to many other guestrooms. I am happy to share with you the fact that we are going completely non smoking this summer.

Additionally, I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding the break ins during your stay, but I can assure you we take the security of our guests and their belongings very seriously. We employee off duty North Little Rock police officers to provide security for our property each and every evening and run criminal background checks on every employee we hire.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I hope you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area.

Wyndham Riverfront

Reviewed 20 October 2008

Day One: we arrived early and our room wasn't ready, our fault. Hotel Staff arranged Shuttle to the River Market area. we arrived back at the motel to find our rooms (adjoining) were given to someone else. Manager on duty (Jessica) went way beyond to get us in adjoining rooms. we checked out next morning and after sightseeing and Blue Angels show ( which by the way , pilots also stayed at this hotel so we were able to get pictures and autographs, what a thrill). we decided to stay at the Wyndham for a second night. Hotel Staff were so courteous and friendly that it made up for the small bathroom and seriously outdated and uncomfortable sofa. The beds were very comfortable with what felt like down pillows. The Restaurant served a great Sunday brunch and wonderful Monday morning hot breakfast buffet. I look forward to visiting with the staff again!

• Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 10 July 2008

This is a two story hotel, not what you would expect from a Wyndham. First room they book, smelled like smoke, I asked to move. They moved me further down the hall, but I had to walk through the smoke area every day. Strong smell in the hallways. Room key does not work very well. The beds were comfortable, but the lighting is dim. The room was a good size, large bathroom, with plenty of towels. No problems with the wireless internet in the room. They do have the service bar in the room, that if you open it up you are charged, even if you do not take anything out. The riverwalk is across the street, easy to walk, with the bridge that connects to the other side. Friendly people. Best place to eat was the Whole Hog Cafe. We went there twice during our stay.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank vacationlady1
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Mostly things were OK, but on our second day there my necklace mysteriously disappeared from our room after housekeeping came by. It was very difficult to get any real help with "locating" it and no one ever followed up with me on it, even after having me fill out a form of sorts. Yes, I shouldn't have left my necklace out BUT it was not an expensive piece of jewelry and was of sentimental value only. We just left the room long enough for it to be cleaned and repeatedly walked past the room so we could go back in when they were done. So, although it was a clean hotel and most everyone I encountered was "nice", I didn't get help when I really needed it. I wouldn't stay there again nor would I recommend it to my family or friends.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank looking4home
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2008

I wanted to apologize for the fact that your necklace came missing during your stay with us. I spoke with my Manager on Duty regarding the incident and he explained that the housekeeper who cleaned your room was asked if she had seen the necklace and unfortunately, she had not.

I hate that we were not able to locate the necklace and return it to you as I know sentimental value far exceeds monetary value. We have kept your contact information on file and should a piece similar to the one you had lost surface, we will contact you immediately.

Again, I apologize for the loss of your necklace. I hope you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area.

Reviewed 29 May 2008

Stayed here on a Saturday night a couple of weeks back, got a good rate ($76) with AAA card on their website. It wasn't worth more than that though -- bed was really really comfortable and the amenities included in the bathroom (from Bath and Body Works) are a nice touch. If you're looking for a place close to the riverfront in Little Rock, this is probably the best value, nicer place you can get. But its not on par wtih a Wyndham or a similar type hotel in a big city like Atlanta, LA, or New York.

1  Thank fjnovak1
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suit...
#7 of 28 in North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#11 of 28 in North Little Rock
4 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock
Hilton Garden Inn North Little R...
#6 of 28 in North Little Rock
Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
#15 of 64 in Little Rock

Been to Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock? Share your experiences!