“Great location, but Sunday nights are pretty dull”

Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Fulton, MO
“Great location, but Sunday nights are pretty dull”
Reviewed 18 October 2006

We chose this location for its access to the River Walk and the Arkansas River Trail, so we could ride our bicycles--it's right across the street. Our room was quiet, clean and easily accessed by parking our car outside a rear entrance. We had no problems checking in and the staff was very friendly. We plan on returning to this location--rates are much better than downtown Little Rock.

We had hoped to dine at one of the steakhouses, based on the reviews we read here, but they were both closed on Sunday night, so we went to the Capriccio Grill in the Peabody Inn over the river--about a five-minute drive. I'll remember to come back on a different night.

• Liked — Clean and quiet, great location for our needs, internet access
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lindaped

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2006

This was a nice hotel- very family friendly.
I like that you could park your car close to your room instead of having to come through the lobby. This is great with kids.

We requested a few extra pillows from housekeeping and a replacement light bulb for one of the bedside lamps which was out which were brought to us promptly by a friendly staff member.

The Steakhouse was excellent. I ordered the filet, which you could cut with a butter knife.

We were part of a large group that had a group rate for 3 particular nights-Thursday, Friday, and Saturday that weekend.

There were a couple of glitches in our stay that may affect my decision to stay there on my next visit.
1. When we called to confirm the reservation made back in January a week before our visit, we found that the reservation was not for the days we requested. They had us for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights instead of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
Upon fixing the dates, the room we originally got a rate for was not available so they gave us an upgrade to another king room with a sofa bed. This was more than satisfactory to us.

2. On the first night of our stay (Thursday), after settling in and enjoying swimming in the pool, and even ordering room service, we received a telephone call at 11:00 p.m. from the front desk waking my entire family of four up, including two small children, asking my husband what we were doing in "Mr. Smith's" room, who was there to check in.
My husband informed them we were assigned the room at check-in and handed our room keys by the person at the front desk around 4:00 that afternoon using our confirmation number and credit card with our name on it (not Smith) for a reservation made in January, and basically this was their (front desk’s) problem.
I'm not sure what happened to poor "Mr. Smith", but I heard the next day that they had numerous guests with confirmations and no rooms. Coincidentally there were no available rooms within 60 miles of the hotel as well. I spent that next day wondering if we would still have a room when returned that evening.

3. Saturday morning around 6:00 am we got a call from my husband’s aunt, who was staying in another room. She had another reservation for the same days as us, made back in January as well. She received her bill under the door to check out a day early. When she called the front desk to tell them of the mistake, and that the person who checked her in probably keyed the wrong numbers into their computer, and that her reservation was supposed to be through the next morning, they stated that ‘she should have paid attention to what she signed for at check-in’ and that they had another guest coming to stay in her room that evening, and that she would NOT be able to have late check out. When she asked to speak with the manager, she was told “I AM the Manager”. When she asked for some sort of compensation for the huge inconvenience by their clerical mistake, the offered her a free breakfast at the hotel, which was adding insult to injury, because she had to pack up all of her things and remove them from her room before leaving that morning, and needed to be at the place she was in town for before 8:00 a.m. Fortunately she had another family member with a room there that she could leave her things with.
The situation ended up being resolved, because another manager took her cell phone number and called her to let her know that her room ended up being available that evening. However, the way the hotel handled the problems was not conducive a company in the customer service industry.

4. The next day we got our bill, but it was still in the name of “Mr. Smith” I crossed the information out and put our name and address on there. When I took it down to check out, the Cashier asked me “How was your visit ‘Mrs. Smith’?” I replied that fine, aside from the fact that I was not “Mrs. Smith”, and the multiple mix ups with the reservation/confirmations. She told me she ‘wasn’t surprised the way things are around there’.

We’re hoping that this really isn’t how things are, because other than the reservation mix ups, it was a nice stay. The rate was reasonable, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the location was convenient.

• Liked — Great location!
  • Disliked — Difficulties with reservations/paperwork
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank deb1175
Bremen, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2006

We stayed at Wyndham Little Rock on a Leisure trip. The rooms were ok but the elevator was away from the registration desk. You had to go around the building to park then go back to the front entrance to get a cart - just too complicated. Then the room assigned to us was three halls away from the elevator. The price was right for a Sunday night but not being famliar with Little Rock, I would have probably picked a more up to date hotel. I'm not sure how long it had been a Wyndham but must have been some other hotel previously. Most Wyndham's I've stayed in before have been very nice.

1 Thank Weiss
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2006

For several weeks between November 2005 and March 2006, I stayed at the Wyndham Riverfront for business. It is a very nice hotel with a decent location. There are numerous events and conferences occuring there, but since I typically had a suite in the back of the hotel, I was never bothered by the noise. The bar is nice and the staff is very friendly, I got to know many of them during my extended stays.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2006

I stayed at the Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock with several colleagues when we attended a conference in west Little Rock in mid-May of 2006. We got three rooms for two nights at $50 per night through Priceline, which was a good bargain.

The Wyndham is a relatively unimpressive hotel from the exterior, with long, two-story hallways that wrap around the property like some sort of budget hotel. However, the lobby is impressive and indicates that the quality of this hotel supercedes its external appearance.

Some portion of the bar adjacent to the lobby was under construction, resulting in unsightly black plastic hanging from the ceiling. Nonetheless, the two restaurant areas (which we did not use, though they looked good) were impressive looking, as were the various conference rooms. It was quite a hike from the lobby to our room on the backside of the hotel, and I would suggest that anyone with luggage ought to drive around to the back.

The room was very nice and extremely spacious. The desk area was nice and would have made a nice workspace. The room was very quiet, and we heard no noise from the hallway or elsewhere. The bathroom was equally spacious, with a curved shower curtain rod to provide extra room in the shower. All of the features and amenities were high quality.

We were incorrectly charged for a soda from the mini-fridge, but that mistake was immediately corrected at the front desk. I was also irritated that they did not abide by their environment-friendly towel policy (our towels were unnecessarily replaced, even though we had specifically rehung them to be able to reuse the following morning, according to the policy explained by the informational sheet).

With these few caveats, I would gladly stay at the Wyndham again. The entire experience was high-class, and we stayed at a nice place for a great value.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank clo110
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2005

We were just passing through on our way to Nashville and stopped for a one night. We picked this hotel as it was billed as being close to everything downtown and was a Wyndham. This is really a motel not a hotel. It tries to be upscale but only the lobby area meets the definition. It is just an old motel with the Wyndham label. The rooms are very well worn and need to be upgraded. The floor lamp was lilting so much that I was afraid to turn it on, a quick tightening of the top fixed that. The clock radio was flashing and side lamps flickering as the plug behind the bed was dangling. The cleaning staff left several used towels behind. The next morning we noticed a blood stain in the reverse side of the throw cover. The separate heating/cooling unit only had one speed super fast and it kept going on & off all night. We brought this to the attention of the manager at check out and got no satisfaction. Obviously quality control is not their strong suit. By the way, the breakfast was mediocre and the fruit salad was definitely yesterdays left overs. On the way back we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2005
Memphis
Reviewed 20 November 2005

Ok I agree for the price and location this hotel seemed average but...the check in was a disaster, the room was filthy with cheap furnishings, room service was the absolute worst ever, and checking out could never be fast enough. Room service $7.65 plus 18% plus $2.00 fee was awful. The food was an hour late, cold eggs and gravy and the sausage was black. Completely unedible and no silverware (?). Room service brought a new plate but it was not what we order dispite telling them our order again. Again, no silverware, by the time we received silverware the food was cold. Great value for $17.50 plus huh? The hotel charged the wrong person for the room and check out took aprroximately 45 minutes! For a little more $$$, RUN to the Peabody across the bridge!!!!! I am not sure who has reviewed this hotel but they obviously did not stay there. By the way, the steak house at the Peabody is tremendous! (stay my next night at the Peabody and it was worth packing up and moving!!!) I return to Little Rock every year for conferences and will never stay or recommend this hotel...oops, I mean MOTEL.
P.S. >> The Wyndham did not refund my money spent on room service.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Little Rock Downtown
The Burgundy Hotel
The Burgundy Hotel
#3 of 63 in Little Rock

Been to Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock? Share your experiences!