“Comfortable for a weary traveler”

Comfort Inn I-40 East
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in North Little Rock
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Comfortable for a weary traveler”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had no reservation - this was a random stop off I-40 after a long, long day of driving from west Texas - already after dark. The area looked mostly safe - an interstate conglomerate of several chain hotels and fast food places. The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming and this counted toward my Choice points. They were renovating rooms and upgraded me to a king suite. There were painting tarps and materials on one part of the hall so for those who mentioned this place needing an upgrade, looks like it is getting one. My room was freshly painted and nothing on the walls, like artwork, but it was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Plenty of hot water and the AC/heat worked well. Fridge and microwave. I was exhausted so I think any bed would have felt good but it was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast was okay, pretty much as you expect at these types of places. They did have hot food like eggs and sausage and one of those waffle makers. I'm pretty happy with cereal, fruit, and coffee so no complaints. And it's nice to be able to take your breakfast back to your room. If I make this drive again, I would stop here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
sandy s, Manager at Comfort Inn I-40 East, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sandy Sax
Asst Manager
Comfort Inn I 40
501-955-9453

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Middle Tennessee
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel had great and friendly service. The staff on the desk were very helpful. However, the hotel is in need of an upgrade. Our room was well furnished and the bed was comfortable, but the entrance and stairs needed some TLC. The breakfast was average for a Comfort Inn. The location was convenient to the interstate if you're just passing through.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were satisfied with the hotel. Friendly staff and clean rooms. The room we had was large and well-appointed. The bed and bedding were comfortable. There are two items that need improvement. The quality of the breakfast needs improvement, and having never been to this hotel or the area, we searched for signs to the location. After driving around in circles at 10:30 pm, we finally saw the hotel and then had to figure out how to get to it. Not a luxury hotel, but a great bargain for the price. If ever in the area again, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elveator to second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed 6 September 2013

It was very sketchy finding the entrance to the Motel, if I had my best vehicle I would not have been very happy with the road in. This Motel is in need of an upgrade, however I found everything satisfactory. What surprised me is that there was a bereavement rate. However, I upped my room to a "suite" and instead of a really nice lounge chair I got a couch for $10 more per night. I should have stayed with the lesser rate. I also found the bed in this room too close to the window so I heard a lot of street noise. The carpet was wet under the air conditioner, but it seemed to dry within my few day stay. What I would like to comment on is the Front Desk personnel, exceptional pleasant. That made my stay more than bearable, but outstanding. What a wonderful greeting I would get whenever I entered the building. Also, This comfort Inn is pet friendly......that is a plus except I was charged for the pet......boo on that note. The front doors were a pain because they were not automatic and they were double so it did make it difficult to bring in luggage.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This property is location right next to the highway and offer you easy on and off to continue to your real destination .This property is lacking in several area like a needing common area updated and room are abet dated ie 1990’s when Bill Clinton was still president. Staff is nice and talkative do their best with what there given by management. The price was good sixty ish per night and only stayed for one night and beds were very nice and I slept good .I did not try the internet so I do not know if it was good or bad . only thing is this hotel did not offer any discount since we arrive after midnight on walk in and several hotel stayed at in past if you arrive after midnight they will offer you like 5 or ten dollar off the rack rate .all in all it was average stay nothing special to write home about and I would stay there again if I was passing through

Room Tip: Get a room on back side away from Highway it a lot less noise
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brent g
Texarkana
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Very comparable to the better Comforts. Nice hot breakfast, clean rooms, nice staff, easy access off interstate 40. Nothing negative to state. Good value for $63. A few miles outside Little Rock. Will stay on the way home if possible.

• Stayed July 2013
sandy s, Manager at Comfort Inn I-40 East, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your way home.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Immediately off the highway, but don't miss your turn. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful. It however didn't have a elevator, luckily it was only two stories. The room was neat and clean, but the bathroom could have used a little extra cleaning.

Also: A/C worked great for hot summer days.

• Stayed June 2013
sandy s, Manager at Comfort Inn I-40 East, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.