“I fell in love with every bite that went into my mouth”
Review of Victorian Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Victorian Garden
Reviewed 11 September 2009

What a wonderful experience. From the very beginning (homemade beer bread made fresh every morning) to the very end (dessert sampler...yummy) it was an amazing culinary adventure (and it was just LUNCH). This is one of those places where every bite of food is a separate party for your mouth. The flavors of each and every element complimented and balanced each other perfectly. My entree was the Dijon Brisket prepared in a mustard wine sauce with the soup du jour which today was italian sausage and artichoke served with fresh fruit for cleansing of the palate. Deb had the Salad Lover's Special (choice of three) which consisted of the Chicken Salad (house specialty and it is special), Broccoli salad (you have to try this, really) and a cup of the cheese soup (OMG...think bisque). We both grazed off of each others plates. If that wasn't enough (and it wasn't), we took home some chicken and broccoli salad (which you can buy by the pound or half pound) and a loaf of the beer bread. Find this place, try it and love it.

1  Thank MTFLittleRock

Reviewed 20 March 2008

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions. The atmosphere was very quaint and cozy. I ordered the chicken salad sandwhiches and they were excellent!! They were served with your choice of two sides. I chose the dill potatoe salad and the fruit salad. The dill potatoes were YUMMY!! I would and have recommended this restaurant to everyone I have come in contact with!

Reviewed 6 April 2006

Our expectations were high after reading a glowing recent newspaper review of this restaurant. Sadly, the vaunted "atmosphere" was nonexistent on the recent Friday evening when we dined there as a party of eight celebrating a special occasion. The lights were bright, not "twinkling," and the place was virtually empty which made it seem rather dreary. Of course you can't blame the management for that. The food was acceptable but heavy and underseasoned, on the order of Sunday dinner at home. There was certainly nothing to delight or surprise the taste buds. I would not recommend this restaurant for a festive, special occasion dinner. Our server was cheerful and efficient.