My wife and I visited the hacienda for lunch while on a day trip to the Cotopaxi Volcano. The hacienda is very authentic colonial establishment built within amazing Inca ruins. Lunch was typically Andian and very good. The views are spectacular. the staff was very welcoming and presented a surprise visit of 15 llamas. My visit to the hacienda will be a memory that I will always treasure. The are several very nice guestrooms with fireplaces. But we only visited for the day from Quito and did not stay overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the 15th century San Agustin de Callo has served as an Inca fortress and palace and Augustinian monastery and was also temporary home of the French Geodesic Mission (1742) whose scientific work helped change the shape of the planet. Other famous visitors include the brilliant German scientist and explorer Alexander von Humboldt and English mountain climber Edward Whymper. In 1912 the Hacienda was purchased by General Leonidas Plaza Gutierrez, leader of the liberal Revolution and two-time President of Ecuador.With only eleven rooms, it is one of the most romantic spots for honeymoons and other special occasions. San Agustin de Callo constitutes the only lived in museum of Inca Imperial and Spanish Colonial style. Surrounded by the smoke-blackened Inca walls of the dining room, one can marvel at the infinite precision of the stonemasonry, a monument to the unrivalled craftsmanship of the Incas, and admire the stunning view of Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world.The peaceful atmosphere and magical landscape combine to make San Agustin a sanctuary of inspiration for artists and lovers of nature and a restful haven for weary travelers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda San Agustin De Callo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda San Agustin De Callo Hotel Lasso
- Hacienda San Agustin De Callo Cotopaxi, Ecuador