“Amazing Baby Shower in the Cygnet Suite”

Salute at The White Swan
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Rothwell
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This afternoon, we had afternoon tea for 17 guests to celebrate my daughter's Baby Shower.The Cygnet Suite was ideal with our own private dining area, which was comfortable and welcoming. The quality of food was superb- with an assortment of freshly made sandwiches, huge scones with jam and cream, plus an extensive assortment of delicious cakes and pastries. Special thanks must go to our waitress, Liv. She provided a high level of customer service, efficient and friendly but not obtrusive. Many thanks to all the staff at Salute for creating such a memorable afternoon.

2  Thank Yvonne522
JRGleeds, Public Relations Manager at Salute at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for your "Amazing" review. It's great to hear that you felt the Cygnet Suite was ideal for your daughter's Afternoon Tea Baby Shower. We will make sure that Liv knows how good you found her to be. Hopefully we'll be considered to host the Christening celebrations!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Dined here with a friend. The restaurant was very busy but the food and service didn't suffer. We were served by Greg who was very attentive and checked on us throughout the meal.

The pork belly and haddock were both well presented and cooked to perfection.

We'll be back soon. Thank you Salute team.

JRGleeds, Public Relations Manager at Salute at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for your "excellent" review. We're glad Greg looked after you attentively and that you enjoyed your meals. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My family and I went here to celebrate my birthday,it was lovely,atmosphere was nice
Food was good & good menu,
Our waitress was Liv,such a lovely young lady,very helpful and friendly
Liv made us very welcome & couldnt do enough for us

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that Liv looked after you well and that you enjoyed good food on your birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I normally end up writing poor results for events as the service and quality falls short of that normally provided. Not so here , food quality great, service appropriate - not too in your face and no long waits. This isn't local to me, but was good enough for me to make a day out in 2018

JRGleeds, Public Relations Manager at Salute at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our food and service and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

After seeing the Salute offered a good gluten free option, we decided on a boat Saturday evening. Was disapointed to see when we arrived that it was part of the Greene King chain, brand restaurant aren't our thing but we were pleasantly surprised. Great attentive staff, served good quality food my Calzone was very good, and my partners Spatchcock was warm and juicy, both starters were pretty good too, couldn't fault the food. Why 1 star. SERVICE CHARGE. As always I ask how this will be divided? To be informed it went into the company pot to pay wages. I declined to pay this and it was taken off without issue but nevertheless this is a despicable policy. We won't return

3  Thank OnAir158687
JRGleeds, Public Relations Manager at Salute at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for your review. It is really good to hear that you found the staff to be attentive and that you enjoyed good quality food. Salute is not part of a chain. We have a Greeneking lease and investment to sell their beer. Therefore we are an independent family run restaurant. I am sorry you feel so strongly about the service charge. I can assure you that all our managers and team members are very well looked after. It's a shame you have made this decision not to return.