“Amazing stay...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Bay
Haven on the Bay B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Red Bay B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing stay...”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here this past weekend (July 6) with two other families and I cannot stop thinking/talking about this place. My closest friends would tell you that I am a very "picky" person, but let me tell you...I felt extremely comfortable here with my husband and our two girls (5 and 14 months). The hospitality was A+ - Ruth and Gord truly made us feel like we were at home. This place is extremely clean and had a light airy feel to it. This place is better than some well-known hotels! Ruth and Gord thought of everything (including a diaper pail for my daugther's diapers)...she even had a place to sit at the table in the high chair. The bathrooms were magnificent (I was admiring all the fixtures including the star quality shower). The bedrooms were just lovely - I stayed in the Redwood room. Looks great on the website but even better in person. We thoroughly enjoyed a quality breakfast - and the muffins, just can't beat 'em. This was a great escape from the monotony and we will be going back!!! : )

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaii_Crazed
RedBayRuth, Owner at Haven on the Bay B&B, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
You and your friends are welcome back any time. Thank you for your glowing comments. We are one of the few or maybe the only one (B&B) on the Bruce Peninsula that allows children of any age. Families should be treated special when they are away from home so whatever we can do to make it more comfortable, that is what we strive for. If ever there is anything you can think of that you may need, just let us know. We will do our best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a beautiful B&B, we were 3 young families from the city and worried that we would be treated as such but no way, Ruth and Gord are wonderful, even welcomed our guests that came to roast marshmallows. The rooms are nice and very very clean. Their hospitality was wonderful and we look forward to staying with them next year for a extended stay.

And yes the muffins are to die for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank natgray
Thank you for your kind comments. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to next year.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Red Bay is about 20 minutes north of Sauble Beach, one a string of sandy beaches along Lake Huron. We know this area well as I spent my summers near there at our family cottage. Haven on the Bay, where we stayed for two nights, is an outstanding B&B whose owners, a transplanted Toronto couple, created a superbly renovated, 6 guest room B&B in a large two-story house. The photos on their website do not do the accommodations justice - each room in the upstairs area of the house is themed in a different color, fresh crisp linens, hardwood floors, everything was in pristine shape, unusual for a beach B&B where families come and go and can be hard on the furnishings. Ours came with a nicely appointed en-suite bathroom, though some rooms share a bath (which is furnished in high-end appointments and spotlessly clean). The rooms have excellent soundproofing, important when you have a variety of guests, including children.

The large living room downstairs includes several board games, toys and activities for children (stored away in a chest), and a tv with Netflix and DVDs for those who aren't content to sit on the many comfortable seating areas to read a book. Outside is a peek-a-boo view of the lake, and a lovely English-style garden with a vegetable/herb box. There is also a fire pit for marshmallow toasting.

Breakfast in the table-cloth dining room included a selection of home-baked bread and other goodies, plus a main course and fresh fruit, and was really delicious. Most food is locally sourced from small growers. Our hosts were welcoming to us as well as families with small children, which made this quite a treat given the quality of the accommodations, which included many original art works and lovely furnishings that vacationing adults and couples would appreciate.

Quiet Red Bay beach, a 5 minute walk from the B&B, is unique - island-sheltered, the water is warm, crystal clear, with a sandy bottom. However, it does not have big waves, but a very shallow walk-out for several hundred yards. Perfect for young children, who will see minnows and frogs while they splash about. Also great for wind-sailing or kayaking, and for swimmers who don't mind reaching the deeper water.There is also a kid's play area with swings and slide. If you want open water waves and a more robust experience, take a trip down to Sauble Beach. Downside at Sauble is it is a driving beach with car traffic (and a charge to enter) so you will have to watch your little ones carefully.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
toronto
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at Haven on The Bay on April 5, 6. We (my wife and 6 month old daughter) were up for a wedding and in fact the place was full of family and friends of the bride and groom. The first thing I want to say is that, while my wife and I have been to many different B&B's over the years, all of them highly rated, this was THE BEST ONE PERIOD. If you are in the area and are looking for a place to stay, this would be the best choice absolutely. The home is beautifully decorated and modern ("no antiquated furniture or frilly lace here" - says Gord). Our bedroom (the redroom) was just amazing, very soothing, the whole place was spotless and clean, the beds were fantastic, best sleep I've had in awhile! The shared washrooms (there are 3 of them) are all modern and decorated beautifully. Honestly, it's hard to describe, but we just felt at home! The breakfast was delicious, filled with beautiful homemade breads and jams and scones and muffins. Also they have hot trays filled with the breakfast of the day, such as quiche or bacon cups with eggs in them, ham etc.. they also catered to everyone's gluten/lactose free needs...the food was just fantastic. On top of it all, the place is kid friendly! or should I say, VERY kid friendly. In the large living room, there are so many toys tucked away in the coffee table/seats (my wife probably knows what they are called, I unfortunately do not! haha) It's incredible. There were many kids there and they enjoyed playing with the crazy amounts of toys, legos, car toys/fire trucks. seriously you have to see it to believe it. They even have a nice acoustic guitar that you can use if you are so inclined. They also provided a bathtub for babies, a diaper dispenser and plastic cups/bowls for the kids. They have really thought of everything. But the real attraction at this place however is the hosts..they bring it all together and is the reason why you want to come here. For example, my wife asked them what time breakfast would be over. The response was amazing - "When the last person has eaten" - See what I mean?!! Like I said, we've been to many b&b's before, which were just as nice in terms of modern decor, beautiful scenery outside, wonderful food and luxury bedrooms, however the hosts were just snobby, almost making you feel like you were intruding on their space. Ruth and Gord are amazing however, they make you feel so comfortable and we really can't wait to be back. Like I told them personally, they are doing B&B's right! You'll have to try it and see for yourself! In fact, I believe we are going back in the summer where I am told the beach is only a 2 minute walk away. We can't wait!

Room Tip: Choose the Redroom it's awesome - also there are 2 other rooms with ensuite if you don't wan...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ginoman
RedBayRuth, Owner at Haven on the Bay B&B, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for the glowing endorsement. We are humbled by your kind words. We look forward to hosting your family and friends in the summer.

We do provide a BBQ and outdoor eating area for guest use. You are invited to use the dining room and the guest kitchen during your stay.

If there is anything we may have missed or you have any special requests, we welcome your input and will do our very best to accommodate any special need.

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate what our guests have to say.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We travelled with our 2 'children' (16 and 22) this summer and loved this place. The location near the water made for wonderful walks and sunset viewing. The food was amazing, the nightly campfire was a wonderful addition. Use of the BBQ and small kitchen area meant no searching for restaurants and allowed us to enjoy the garden that much more!
The house is wonderful, we felt welcome and spent one evening in the dining room playing games. We loved the smell of baking in the evening - built the anticipation for breakfast!
We'd go back in an instant!

Room Tip: We had adjoining rooms, one with a bathroom in the room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Haven on the Bay for just one night. Ruth and Gord were both very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The place is big, up-to-date, and immaculate! m. The room we stayed in (The Birchwood) was great. We both had the best sleep we have had in a long time. We had a nice relaxing time enjoying a glass of wine over a few of the board games in the evening. The living room is a great set-up and the couches are very comfortable. In the living room they have a great variety of dvds, books, and board games. One thing that we were particularly excited about was that there was a guitar out for their guests to play - it was even in tune! Breakfast was the icing on the cake for our trip! Wow, it was soooo good! Thank you Ruth for the delicious meal. Our breakfast started with a fruit cup and freshly roasted coffee served by Gord. Our entree was called Huevos Rancheros (I think). Fried egg, Mexican style beans, and home made salsa. I`m not entirely sure what was in it. Before we left, Gord asked us what we had planned for the day. He made a few suggestion on which trails are best to hike and sent us with a map of the area. Overall, great experience. We will be returning soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We had a very nice time in this bed and breakfast. We travelled with 2 kids and this b&b made our stay very pleasant and relaxing. We were free to use the small kitchen near the dining area and it was very helpful for me to take care of my little one's needs. The beach close to this place was excellent, kid friendly and clean. My kids loved it. We didnt miss the fun of not going to the main beach at all. Would recommend this location to our friends. One small discomfort that we felt was not having an AC in our room. One night was exceptionally hot and the ceiling fans were not making it feel any better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
MellowOut B&B
MellowOut B&B
#4 of 13 in Lion's Head

Been to Haven on the Bay B&B? Share your experiences!