“Omelettes to order at breakfast”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Paragould
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The title should indicate that the breakfast was the best part of this stay. The room was clean but the layout was confusing. Our room had two doors in two hallways. The sliding glass door next to the bed was somewhat disconcerting as I felt as if people were looking in as they passed. On arrival the television in the room had apparently been adjusted and tuned by a local eight year old who did not speak english. After twenty minutes of trying to get it right, a hotel employee basically shrugged and left. I was able to at least get it back to english so I could read the menu. Never got the channel display to go away. I suppose people in Arkansas only shower once in 24 hours? The hotel provided excactly two towels. The pool was quite fun based on the amount of noise coming from that area during our stay. We ate at the restaurant connected to the hotel "El Acapulco" I think it was called. I would call it "never mind" as the food was not very good and the service left a lot to be desired. The best part of this stay was the breakfast which included a nice variety of breakfast items and included made to order omelettes. The location is convenient for travellers in the area. The hotel advertised a lounge which was not open during our stay despite the posters to the contrary. We ended up walking to the nearest liquor store for a six pack instead. A decent place to stay but not the example of Quality Inn's best.

Room Tip: Inside rooms feel like cages at the zoo, ask for an outside room for better privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rodney B

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Door keys never worked. Room never cleaned for the three days we were there. Had to go to front desk to get towels and dump our own trash. Would not let us use the pool because they had overbooked it for local birthday swim parties. Our hotel room was left open by staff all day. The room was ransacked and a computer was damaged. Was told by the manager Jerry Mitchell that we could not prove that the damage was done due to their forgetfullness. They got so tired of us that they turned off the heat on a 32 degree night and then were caught talking and laughing about it. They then said what are you really going to do about it. There was another guest going room to room telling us how they had stuck them in three different rooms that were full of bed bugs but would not refund their monies so that they could stay elsewhere. The outside of the hotel is covered in trash and vomit from the mexican bar attached to the hotel. I have never been so disrespected in my life. Run......run away fast

Room Tip: Run away.......run away fast. don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Family rented the room for a hotel swim party. Everyone left because the room was in such poor repair.
The pool area was very dark and dreary.
Staff did not even acknowledge patrons as they came and went.
Filth!
Room has not been updated since building constructed.
When we left we circled the hotel and found most of the building had some degree of crumbling facade.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in lots of hotels & motels in 3rd world countries. This place is among the worst. We were traveling from Texas to Arkansas to visit my inlaws for the Christmas Holiday. My wife booked the room while I was driving. The pictures showed nicely renovated rooms & two room suits. Also there was an "indoor pool & arcade" they were pushing as luxury. Well we got there and the place has not been updated since the mid 90's at best. The two room suite was smelly the floor was sticky and I was scared to let my 1yr old down on the floor in fear he would get dirty. Who knows how long it had been since the floors were steam cleaned? It was a non smoking room but the smell was reminiscent of the smoking section of a badly run Applebee's resturant (stale beer and cigarettes). We had already rented the suite for 4 days. So we went to walmart and loaded up on cleaning supplies. The living room portion of the suite was loosely furnished with a dirty old big over stuffed chair with flower print from the 80's and the couch was a fold out for an optional bed. They both smelt like piss and body oder. The TV's were a real joke, the living room had an old 20" box tv, most likely mid 90's model. And the bedroom had an even smaller and older box TV. We never used the pool or the "arcade" ( it consisted of an old school Pac-Man and a non working old school Destroyers game. The place was not worth the $100 per night I paid. There are better places in that town for $36 per night. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Select when visiting there. But we wanted the kids to enjoy the pool and stuff. Never again. The staff was lacking professionalism. The front desk had a poorly dressed person and some guy with greasy hair and a heavy metal shirt on hanging out with his kid. He worked there too as a customer assistant. Just un clean and unprofessional. They hardly ever answered the front desk phone if I had to call. The morning I checked out the older man working the front desk could only give me a reciept for the first two nights. He was not able to work the computer to provide me with full receipts. He too was a poorly dressed and groomed man as well.
Hope this review will help you .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gene H
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This entire hotel should probably just be scrapped. Mold, smoke, bugs, you name it, were everywhere. I found a dead spider (a big one!) and an old sock in the fold out bed. The whole place is completely filthy. I feel like it would be worth investing in some deep cleaning before renting rooms out. My five year old ended up sleeping on the floor over the threadbare mattress on the pull out couch. We all woke up feeling horrible from the hard beds, HOT room (we had the a/c pumping the entire time with no results), and less than fresh air. I couldn't even breathe in some areas. We chose this pool instead of the similarly-priced hotel closer to us because of the pool but couldn't even use the pool because the mold was so overwhelming in the pool area we could barely breathe.

We used our own blankets (well, they were on the bed, but we were so hot they couldn't be used on top of us) since the "blankets" provided aren't really anything. Unfortunately, after getting home from visiting relatives eight hours away for four days, the first thing I had to do when I got home was wash everything in our room because it all smelled. I can't believe I paid $90 a night for such a horrible experience. Next time I'll have my family of four (with two little kids) sleep in a car before we'll even step foot in this place.

The girl who checked us in was very sweet, but the rest of the staff couldn't seem to care less about anything. I don't blame them; there certainly can't be much pride invested in a hotel that simply shouldn't be allowed to be open anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KatyCain
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel was a nightmare. We have family in this area, but since we were traveling with little kids, we thought the indoor pool would be a good outlet for them to burn off energy and the hotel would give us a place to take the kids and take a break from family. We should have stayed with family, and next time we will surely go to Jonesboro.

We checked into a king suite with a pull out sofa. Although we made our reservation in advance for two adults and two children, there were no extra linens for the pull out bed. We had to beg the front desk multiple times to get any. Throughout our stay, the maids would only leave two towels, two washcloths, etc. in the bathroom. Every single day we were there we had to ask for extras.

The indoor pool that I thought would be so fun for the kids wasn't even available the last two days that we stayed there. The pool area is caked in mold, from floor to ceiling. There is no hot tub, and it is extremely dark in there at night, with very little lighting. The last two days of our stay, we were told that there was no chlorine in the pool so the pool was closed, and they were unable to fix the problem during the duration of our stay.

On top of everything, my credit card was charged THREE TIMES for this stay. It was corrected, but there are some serious issues here. Choice Hotels has yet to address any of my concerns, and they would do better to strip the Quality Suites name from this hotel and disassociate themselves with it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HazelEyedGinger
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I were given the gift of a night at this hotel. I went to Trip Advisor to check it out(as I always do) and I found that this hotel's rating didn't have a good report status, so I wasn't expecting much, but was more than happy to be blessed with the gift of the room for one night. Upon entering this hotel I was very warmly greeted by the front desk personal. Upon entering our room(203) we did find some minor flaws(hole in bathroom door, no handle on the desk drawer and that there wasn't an extra blanket or an iron), but all these things are minor to us. What was a blessing was the personal and the breakfast, which had many choices and even freshly made omelets cooked to order. While the building may be a tad worn and some repairs need to be looked after, we would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple