“NEVER AGAIN”

Litlington tea gardens
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Litlington
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been going to Littlington tea rooms for years and couldn`t fault it.I went last year,waited half an hour to be served.The bread was stale and the cucumber a quarter of an inch thick.The scone had apparently been microwaved with the paper napkin so the two had been amalgamated,making it impossible to eat the lower half.When I complained I was given a refund and told they were short staffed.No apology.I decided never again.Today is a lovely sunny day so I decided to have one more go.The place was not very busy,but I waited five minutes,then went to the counter."I can`t serve you I`ve got all these orders to do so you`ll have to wait half an hour."I decided not to wait.It seems that the only place you can get service in this country is at Mcdonalds.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Find it hard to comprehend some of the recent reviews -
We have visited this place several times over the years and it has always been excellent - AND IT STILL IS.
I agree it is a bit like stepping back in time - but that is the charm of the place.
If you are into fast food restaurants - then don't bother coming - but if you want a bit of tranquillity with really nice cake and tea, then this is for you.
The young staff were great and extremely engaging - which adds to the experience.
It would be a shame if some of the recent negative reviews were to put you off coming as you would be missing out.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Its a lovely setting, especially on a nice day but - Oh Dear! - the food offer is dire. Apart from the cream teas everything else is straight from the 1970's, "baked" potato with tinned beans, sandwiches of supermarket bread with a tired piece of cheese, "garnished' with a couple of leaves of iceberg lettuce and a portion of tinned sweetcorn.
I thought maybe we had moved on from this. If you find yourself there, stick to the cream tea and don't bother with the "nursery".

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We planned to include a stop here as part of our walk as we have many times before as this is a lovely location. However despite the tea garden not being particularly busy waited 20 minutes for someone to take our order and then tried to politely catch one of the staff's attention to politely ask if someone could take our order whereupon we were given a look of contempt and told that she was busy. We waited a further 10 minutes and then walked out in disgust. We did notice that some people who arrived sometime after us were being served before us so clearly service was quite random and took no account of the order in which people arrived . A customer on a neighbouring table told us she had also been waiting ages for someone to take her order . This is a great shame as this tea garden is a unique and distinctive location but is being let down by staff who don't seem to care about customers. We cannot comment on the food or drink as we did not get an opportunity to place our order. In fairness in our previous visits here which were some time some time ago we had no problem . After walking out we finished our walk at Exceat where we went into the café and a waitress took our order within 2 minutes despite this café being busier than the tea garden and our tea and cake arrived within a further 5 minutes and was very good.My advice therefore is please get you act together as this was always a wonderful old establishment. We would love to come back here but could not face another experience like this after a 10 mile walk in the heat.

1  Thank dennishayes2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The food is over priced and average, pretty little place though with a lovely location, gift ship and beautiful crystal shop