“Lodge at Mount Magazine”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Lodge at Mount Magazine
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our second stay at the lodge. For a state park lodge it was top notch. The Lodge staff is friendly and helpful. Only complaint is the weather. I've stayed there when the view was wonderful and this past weekend when the Lodge was fogged in, i.e., no views from the balcony of your room.

Room Tip: All of the room are basically the same in terms of the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed A

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have never been to Arkansas, but we have been to many other places, including Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Yellowstone. We were just totally unprepared for how incredibility beautiful this place is. We could have sat all day on the deck just looking into the amazing Petit Jean River Valley. Who would have thought this would be in the middle of Arkansas? It is just amazing.

The lodge overlooking the valley is a world-class resort lodge. Yes, the state runs it, but OMG, do they do it right! It is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. You will be enchanted from the moment you set foot inside to years after you leave.

Service is first-rate, the the food is excellent. It is a bit of a drive to get there, but worth every minute of it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nova90
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed in the lodge in a room on the second floor that had a balcony. We had a terrific view of the valley and of the sunrise. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The amenities in the bathroom were as extensive as a fine quality hotel. We also enjoyed the lodge's huge swimming pool and the food in the dining room was delicious.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VagabondOklahoma
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here on a fall weekend when we wanted a restful weekend too. This is just a beautiful state lodge. The rooms we very nice, with balconies with a beautiful view, some have hot tubs. Nice family cabins available too. We saw so many deer, nice trails, cliffs to sit on as the sun sets. We also visited a nearby monastery, Subiaco. I'd prefer to arrive here in the daylight. All in all, really relaxing visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank photographersabroad
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a beautiful park and this lodge just fits right in with the surroundings. The restaurant is decent and there is a view from every table. Be sure and reserve your room here early because we had trouble getting a room a month out. Fall of course is the peak season, you'd have to reserve very early if you want to see the beautiful autumn leaves from your room. But the views here are truly breath-taking and I was quite surprised last time I was here to have a bear walk in front of me at one of the scenic overlooks!

Room Tip: The higher the better--you'll feel like you're in the clouds.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cclark922
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a beautiful lodge with an awesome view. Just a word of caution, made my reservations several months in advance and when we checked in we went to our room and it was the wrong room. When I called to ask for the room that I reserved they told me the lodge was full and they could move us but not until the next day. Also, make sure and check into the per night cost. When I reserved my room they told me it would be one price per night and when I got there the cost was $20.00 more per night. I understand the weekends would be a higher price but I was not told this when I made my reservation. We would love to stay there again but I will call numerous times to confirm the room that I had reserved and will not go up to the room until it's verified. The restaurant was good and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Lodge at Mount Magazine for an educational conference November 2012. The views are breathtaking and the property has lots of hiking trails. There was a small indoor pool however, I did not get a chance to try it out. The rooms are average in size and the décor could use a little updating. The Conference rooms were adequate for our small conference. Once you are at The Lodge there isn't much around other than Mother Nature. The Restaurant on the property is overpriced and the food is average. I think if the purpose of my stay were for a restful weekend reconnecting with nature (hiking, fishing, cave exploring, bird watching) The Lodge is perfect. However, for business and conference purposes the property is too isolated.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chloe B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Hampton Inn Clarksville
25 mi away
Ozark Inn & Suites
Ozark Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Ozark

Been to The Lodge at Mount Magazine? Share your experiences!