All reviews the bus the main street communal balcony third floor guest house balconies
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This was my worst experience ever in a guest house. Yea the staff is nice and friendly but the services available was piss poor. When I booked the I specifically asked for hot water shower as I sensitive tonsils. In the 2 nights I spent the hot water never worked. I got sick as I was forced to bathe in cold water. And when I complained instead of giving me another room which is what should of happened I was told I would have to pay extra for their failure to give proper services. The walls are super thin and you hear all the other guests who were very inconsiderate to the other guests. Once again I complained and was told I have to endure that and the cold water. The whole place needs upgrading. I saw mice and roaches too. I will never stay here or recommend to anyone. Check out Mermaid Guest house instead.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank LB82015
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This is a really well run and clean guest house on the Main Street in Hillsborough. It's very near to the ferry terminal and also the bus station. The rooms are spotlessly clean - I stayed on the third floor - they all have balconies and there is a large communal balcony overlooking the Main Street where you can sit and people watch. The mattressj was hard, but I found I slept really well. The rooms have TV and efficient air con.
The staff, Nicole in particular, are very friendly and cannot do enough to make sure you have a good stay. Yes, it is a guest house and not a hotel, but it's perfect for a few days at a good price on this really beautiful and friendly island.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lesliandchelsea
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is the hotel you should choose if you're wanting to spend your budget on doing things, and you don't plan to spend any time in the hotel. Our room was small, the mattress wasn't very comfortable, the pillows felt like they were filled with packing foam, and the bathroom was tiny, with smelly shower curtains. That said, it's very cheap, it's easy to get to from the pier, and it's right across the street from Kayak Kafe, which is delicious. The employees who work the front desk are friendly and helpful. Oh, and HUGE perk - there's free WiFi in the rooms.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank tenishoe
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Complete nightmare from beginning to end.
Got to the hotel and had to wait 3hrs before we could get to the room because it wasn't ready in fact it was still being bulit.
The next morning we had no hot water and had to use another room that was vacant at the time.
The room were not what we asked for. We wanted an apartment to fit three people which they said they had. Instead we got three shoe box separate rooms with the shower room in another room so you have to come outside to use it.
When asked if we could extend our check out we were told no due to having other guests coming and they didn't want them to wait even though we waited 3hrs.
They were full of useless apologies and excuses and didn't really do anything to put the situation right, only did something when we started to cuss and complain.
Glad i was only there for two days.
Most definitely wouldn't go again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Celestine T
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Local food restaurants and takeout are all around you. The grocery store is on the main floor of hotel. A local fruit and vegetable market behind hotel. Nice little beach close by (200 feet walk across the street). Friendly staff and excellent rates! Also, it's a hundred yard walk from where you get off the boat - so no taxi needed. Laundry facilities. Very clean hotel!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo