Calodyne Hotel
Zilwa Attitude(Calodyne)
US$206
US$167
Seaview Calodyne Lifestyle Resort(Calodyne)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$102
Priceline
US$301
LUX* Grand Gaube(Grand Gaube)
US$328
US$250
US$201
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Coin de Mire Attitude(Bain Boeuf)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Pool
US$157
US$146
Priceline
Casa Florida Hotel(Pereybere)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$59
Agoda.com
Ocean Beauty(Pereybere)
US$118
US$114
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscalodyne sur merswimming poolnon vegetarianweekend stayprivate beachleisure activitiesnice resortthe hotel staffvisited mauritiusbuffet breakfastpanoramic viewhis teamwould recommend this hotel to anyonetable tennisdancekitchenettekayak
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were travelling with our 6 year old son, and we had a great time there. The resort is spread out, with rooms facing either the lawns or the pool. A very cosy place with hospitable staff. Decent food. Very neat and clean and spacious rooms and bath, with a small private sit out. The beach is right there and you can swim and do water sports. The transfers to Grand Baie, where all the shopping and pubs / restaurants are about 10 - 12 Euros. Overall a good experience for a 3 start hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gautam_Meetu
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Sadly, what was to be our annual holliday became a week of experiencing poor service & sub standard food.
We purchased an additional fully Inclusive package for approximately R3000.00 over and above the normal price. What we experienced was a fully EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED package and would have been better off paying for what was on the standard menu as apposed to what was on offer on the fully 'exclusive'.
We were not allowed any items offered on the bar menu unless we paid additional for it!
Lets talk food....awful, unispiring same old same old each day! (Ok some sweet items made the grade)
The chef's certainly need to upgrade their skills.
Service... well there was little to none and NO waiters on the beach area!
We had to ask to have our rooms made up and attended to at 4pm!
Dinining area is under a huge tarp and the steel structure is very dirty and therfore unispiring on the eye.
The travel agent that arranged this trip needs to be taken to task as it is obvious NO visit was undertaken by them to vette the 'HOTEL'
I can say that this vacation was spoilt by both parties involved!
Cannot recommend this 'HOTEL'....sorry!

Room Tip: Ask the travel agent for proof that they have actually spent some time there!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andre001114
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Worse than terrible food - and herein lies a huge problem as there is nowhere else close enough to go an eat out - so we had to hire taxis to take us into Grand Bai. No service. Nothing to do. Basic rooms. Basic water activities - again we had to take a taxi into Grand Bai to participate in a catamaran day out. Very expensive. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank elaine797
Reviewed 7 January 2014

we were there on holiday during chrismas time, we were there for 7 nights, in all that 7 days, i can't say i ate something , whoooow or tasty,breakfast was better, but dinner worse, i think they need to check the different people who are visiting them and try to work on their cooking, The hotel it self very nice, but whats the use of staying somewhere were shop are faraway and their food sucks, and pay for the food that you wont be able to eat. no room service, everythiong you need to go but yourself, you cant order for it to be brought in the room, we only enjoy mauritius because we had to plan our own entertaiment, which means we had to go out everyday to see other places even though was also costly.please improve your services, food, staff, very hot but atleast your Aircom works

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank makhadzi L
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife booked and paid for a week at this so-called "resort" as a surprise getaway for both of us. It was our first trip to Mauritius and will probably be our last, based on our experience.
I dd not have an opportunity to research the venue beforehand because my wife only told me where we were going the day before we left, but I can confirm other previous reviews of this establishment, that very little provision is made for vegetarians. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian by choice. In other words I eat eggs and dairy products. Besides this issue, the following negatives also need to be mentioned:
1) Housekeeping can take place anytime between 10h00 and 18h00. This might mean taking an afternoon nap on last nights bed.
2) If you are squeamish about sharing your food with flies, stay away!
3) We were booked in on an all-inclusive package, but very few options were included in the so-called "all inclusive" package. Make enquiries before going that route. You cannot, for example, order a meal from the bar menu without paying additionally!
4) There were not enough salt and pepper cellars for each of the tables. This meant that diners were constantly walking between tables to "borrow" salt and pepper cellars.
5) Even though I am a vegetarian, my wife is not. She found the food bland, unimaginative and unseasoned.
6) We got the distinct impression that provisions for the kitchen were "rationed." There were numerous occasions where my wife requested bacon with her breakfast eggs and was told "Bacon finished!"
7) Some days we would get 2 bathroom towels and one hand-towel delivered by housekeeping, and on other occasions we would get one bath towel and no hand towel, or alternatively two bath towels and no hand towels, or any other permutations thereof!
8) They advertise the fact that they have Satellite TV in all of the rooms. This is true but what they do not mention is that five of the six channels are in French and the sixth channel is in Hindi!
9) We were limited to a choice of a single local beer brand, local spirits and local wine as part of our so-called "all inclusive" package. We also were restricted to a choice of four alcoholic and four non-alcoholic "cocktails" as part of out "all Inclusive" package. The cocktails were spectacularly unimaginative and watered-down. One of the "cocktails" was made up of Coke, ice and a splash of lemon! Really????? OH, and we were limited to two cocktails per person per day, one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic, as part of our all-inclusive package.
10) The all-inclusive options, limited as they were, were only available from 10h00 to 22h00 every day.
10) Despite the managements protestations to the contrary, we were advised upon arrival that as part of our package we were entitled to one glass of wine per person per day. What would happen is that my wife and I would go to dinner and ask for a glass of the local wine with our meal. The normal routine would then be that the waiter would remove the "normal" sized wine glass from our table and return with two "undersized" wine glasses containing our requested wine.
11) The free WiFi is much appreciated, but somewhat limited when you need to go to the passageway in reception to get a signal!
12) As far as I could ascertain, the resort was more or less fully booked for the peak period that we were there. Despite this, there were very limited sunbathing/shade options both around the pool and at the beach.
13) The guests who were lying around and sunbathing next to the pool and the beach did not have any waiter servicing those areas with drinks. You had to come to the bar, order your drinks, go back to where you were sunbathing and when you had finished your drinks you needed to take the empties back to the bar and re-order. Absolute madness and a missed opportunity for increased turnover!
14) On four of the seven nights, the entertainment consisted of a variety of music being played by a DJ. However, there was no control over the children and invariably they took over the dancing area until quite late into the night. By the time they were put to bed and the adults got a chance to do their thing, the bar was closed in terms of our "all-inclusive" allowances!

On the evening of the fourth day I had a "civilised" confrontation with the General Manager and the Operations Manager. I was promised that they would ensure that my dietary requirements would be accommodated for the rest of my stay. That promise lasted for about two days. As soon as it became known that I would be very critical when rating my experience at this venue, I was given a cold shoulder and was basically ignored on my last day. I had to suffer the same breakfast that I had for the first three days....baked beans and an omelette with no filling!

The only saving grace for our holiday were the two excursions that we undertook AWAY FROM THE HOTEL!

If you are reading this review and thinking that I am being overly critical with regards to a three star establishment and my expectations, be aware that many issues listed above are really basics that should be in place for any sort of establishment in the tourism industry.

Room Tip: Bring your own citronella candles with you!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple