“If you love catfish, You've got to go to The Whippett!”
Review of The Whippet

The Whippet
Cuisines: Armenian
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“If you love catfish, You've got to go to The Whippett!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I live in PA now but am a southern girl, born and bred. When I go to Arkansas I always request at least 1 meal from The Whippett in Prattsville. It's not a big place and certainly not fancy but it's got the best catfish around! With your meal, you'll receive bowls of delicious pinto beans, hushpuppies and green tomato relish...all refillable by just asking! And the catfish is wonderful! The place is family owned and you can look at pictures of graduating classes from Prattsville High adorning the walls from back in the 1940's or maybe even earlier! Prattsville is out in the middle of nowhere going towards Pine Bluff but if you even near the vicinity it will be well worth your time to stop at the Whippett!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank maggiezpa

“Is make a trip to prattsville just for the food here!!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

I absolutely love this resteraunt!! It was my first time to ever go today and it was soooo yummy!! I had the fish sandwhich and fries and it was a great portion I was with my mom,aunt,uncle,cousin, and boyfriend and they all loved it, they all had enough for a to go box too!! There drinks are so huge I didn't even need a refill and there pie.....WOW! This pie is homemade and so extremely moist, the pieces they give you are huge!! Me and my mom shared one piece! I will defenitly go back there again and will advertise them everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! My only regret was it was so good I didn't take a pic! I will take one next time!

Malvern, Arkansas
“Great Place to Stop for a Bite!”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We live five miles from The Whippet, so we eat here about once a week. Their fried mushrooms are one of our favorites, but they have great fish and burgers as well. We sometimes stop for an ice cream cone too. Very good service as well!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank johnscotth
Arkansas
“Great catfish here!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great place for a catfish dinner! This place does catfish right and includes ALL the trimmings with a dinner. You get a "setup" with cole slaw, beans, and hush puppies all-you-can-eat... wonderful place to eat and the prices are reasonable.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank JRArkansas
Arkansas
“Best Catfish In the Area!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

if you LOVE catfish like i do! You will LOVE "The Whippet"! It is NOTHING fancy but the food is the best around! They serve other foods, steaks, chicken, burgers but when i go there CATFISH is what i order! There is NOT a lot of breading, what your order is what you get CATFISH! After you order you will get "the set up" which is: Hush Puppies, Beans, Cole Slaw, and a tomato relish! AND they keep bringing them if you need more! YOU WILL "NOT" be disappointed! so if you are looking for some GREAT SOUTHERN CATFISH, this is the place!

• Visited October 2011