“True Getaway”
Review of Longbow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prim
Longbow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prim
Dallas
“True Getaway”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Pearson family has deep roots and the extra care they have given these cabins really shines. If you are looking for seclusion and being "at one" with nature, this is the place. The hiking was awesome with mesmerizing waterfalls and plenty of room to roam. It was nice to build a fire outdoors and really reconnect. A few items (in a perfect world) I would change to enhance the place even more. It is marketed as a resort, therefore amenities like bath soap, towels, extra bedding for the pull-out futon and a few extra pillows and blankets could be included. Shopping options are slim, so maybe a few days worth of coffee in the cabin would be great. Visitors might be warned before coming, the next wet county is a least 45 minutes away. It was just a little bummer when we wanted a nice wine with our steaks grilled outdoors in the majestic beauty. (Had we known in advance, we would have been better prepared). I know this is nit-picky, but if I were the Pearsons, I would run a little cafe at the main house or in another cabin (I know... spending someone else's money :) offering blackboard breakfast and lunch and maybe even weekend dinners highlighting local foods and specialties from the area. No one would ever take their money elsewhere for meals! Believe me, you don't want to leave anyway! The local food options are very limited. Cooking in the cabin and grilling are best bets. Bring your own wine. Ha! Absolutely beautiful and unique and soooo worth the trip. We will be back. Oh - bring your own ATV if you have one. Many cool trails.

Room Tip: Every cabin is gorgeous. Be sure to understand how many each cabin sleeps comfortably so you have r...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank texasgarden21

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We took our grandson to Prim and stayed in the Bushmaster.We all loved it.Beautiful cabin and breathtaking scenery.The Pearsons are wonderful people.They even took the time to show us the new cabin being built.We will be returning and soon I hope.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank pisces62
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2010

If you want to reconnect with yourself, your beloved, with nature or with God, this is the perfect place to go. It is away from everything. You will not be disturbed by anything. The only visit that you may received are a couple of lovely raccoons looking for some snack. The cabin was perfect for a couple with a queen bed, living room, kitchen, bathroom with shower and a lovely Jacuzzi for two. The outside of the cabin is beautiful surrounded by nature and there is a spot with a big hammock where you can spend hours admiring and enjoyining nature. No internet, no television, no phone signal...I told you! You won't be disturbed. There are three cabins to choose from and each one has its own distinctive. We stayed at Bois D'Arc cabin but where allowed to use the magnificent natural pool with waterfall from Longbow Cabin bacause at that time was not rented. And since an image says more than words please check my pictures and feel free to contact me if you want more details.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank NiceJoselyn
Slapout, AL
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Calling Longbow a resort is a bit of a stretch. It's a rustic cabin with few amenities. The owners are wonderfull and very nice. The surroundings are extremely peaceful, the waterfall mesmerizing. It's a great getaway in the middle of nowhere. If you're looking for excitement and luxury this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a true getaway no TV, No phones, no computers, this place can't be beat. I stayed 4 days and truly got in touch with my soul ,it was a total retreat. There are no good retaurants nearby so you must do your own cooking, which I found to be a bit of a downer, but it does have a Jenn-Air stovetop which made cooking a little more palatable. The fridge does not have an ice-maker, for the price they could update that. The raccoons that visit in the evening can be hand fed,that was totally awesome. The loft bedroom has a very low ceiling, which makes getting up in the middle of the night to go the downstairs bathroom a bit dangerous. All in all I'm glad I went, but I would not make that long trip again to Prim, AK

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Marystj
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2004

What a wonderfull place. I took a deep breath and plunged into our private waterfall and pool at the Longbow cabin.....magical...the moon was shining. The cabin was straight out of "Lord of the Rings", buried into the side of the bluff but warm and comfortable. Raccoons came to out door at night for food. a unique experience....not to be missed.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prim
Lindsey's Resort
#1 of 6 in Mountain View
Quality Inn & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Conference Center
#4 of 7 in Heber Springs

Been to Longbow? Share your experiences!