“Great hotel club restaurant bar”
Review of Life Gallery Hotel

Life Gallery Hotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Korce
Cuisines: Albanian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is in the hotel
Tirana, Albania
“Great hotel club restaurant bar”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

environment, location, design, feeling end evth else is just great. For Christmas and Beer Party, book in advance

Visited September 2012
2 Thank rezi-x

Lisbon, Portugal
“Sophisticated, stylish, very good”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Had one dinner and one lunch at Avenue 55 (Life Gallery).
The dinner was on a Wednesday and I was introduced to the specific menus for the Korça Food Festival (all Wednesdays until end of September 2012) which, for only 800 Lek (about 6 Euro), allowed me to choose from 4 different combinations of starter + main dish. I chose Menu 3 and was surprised by the quality, the refinment and even the quantity of the meal provided. Couldn't praise more the value for money.
The lunch (with friends) resorted to the regular list (very nicely presented) and was only a salad, very good also in all aspects.
One word for Romeu (hope to be spelling his name right) and his very attentive care throughout my stay in the hotel (breakfasts included), he remembered my drinking choices and put things on the table without even having to ask. very friendly, always kind and absolutely professional.
Avenue 55 is not cheap for sure (except for the Korça Menu Festival menu, which is a real bargain), it is just the most sophisticated restaurant in the region as far as I know. It clearly deserves going there when we are looking for a special experience.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank PAlmeida55
Tirana, Albania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent bar, sharm and harmony”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

You will find a very nice atmosphere, cocktail of all kinds, sharm, luxury.
A mix of history and modernity
Just enjoy it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Xhelson M
Scottsdale
“Miami's South Beach now in Korca, Albania”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Life Gallery Hotel and restaurant is reminiscent of Versace's house on South Beach with a renovated old building, a hip patio bar/restaurant area around a pool - all very Miami-ish. We wanted to sit in the bar area where it was already quite busy rather than inside where it was empty so they set up a larger dining size table for us then set it with really funky placemats and great plates and cutlery - all very modern and cool. Our waiter spoke a decent amount of English and recommended a very nice Primitivo at $47 from the mainly Italian wine list and it was very good. The menus were seriously oversized and also cool with a good selection of very appealing dishes. my wife ordered a Milanese Salad of rocket with the best proscutto we've ever had, and a sweet mustard dressing. It was a very generous portion, looked appetizing and tasted even better. I started with a "Napoleon Patellxhan" which was sliced grilled eggplant in a thick zesty tomato sauce with chunks of soft brie, caramelized onions, melted parmagiano reggiano and basil oil. To say it was beautifully presented doesn't do it justice and it tasted amazing, quite possibly the best appetizer I have ever had..... And it cost all of a whopping $6!!
For mains we had papardelle with langostina and spinach and tomato and linguini with smoked salmon. Both were large portions which neither of us, even gluttonous me, could not finish even though they were delicious. This place would be brilliant anywhere in the hot spots of the world but here in Korca, Albania... Who would have thought? The whole dinner including a generous tip for the excellent service came to less than $100 and that's with the wine.

After dinner we asked to see the rooms at the hotel. In the renovated mansion there were a few suites and we were shown the Presidential Suite at 170 euros. It was very large and totally white, very modern and funky. In the brand new modern hotel part there were beautifully, large suites and regular rooms any of which we would have been delighted to stay in anywhere in the world let alone here... and we dreaded going back to our dump which had been billed as the best in town....not!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank PeterAZ
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of my best food experiences ever”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

First of all, I have to say that it is very difficult to find any other restaurant with such a wonderful combination of gourmet food and warm atmosphere. If you manage to have lunch or dinner next to the fire place with a "Primitivo di Manduria" wine, you can enjoy even if you are eating all alone.

The restaurant called "Avenue 55" is part of the "Life Gallery" complex in Korçë. The stone walls were carefully conserved and highlighted, while the black and yellow combination is just perfect and adds to the outstanding feeling of experiencing food.

It is the second winter season in a row, that a well-known Albanian Chef working in Greece comes and delights his customers with tasty, visually attractive dishes. The bread and cookies are home-made. There are also some kinds of sauces and pates to take care of your appetite. Personally, I always start with a veal carpaccio with fleur de sel or a millefeuille du salmon. His salad with sauces, pineapple, gorgonzola and pinoli is regularly my second choice. I know that the Chef offers also soup veloute, but I cannot resist his shrimps risotto made with real shrimps head juice or his black home-made ravioli made with nero di seppia and filled with shrimps. I have once tried raw fish at Avenue 55 as a second main dish, because I have mostly liked to have Rib Eye with Brie cheese and berries sauce or Foie Gras with caramelized figs. I am not filthy rich to try these things in Paris or London, so this restaurant and this chef are like a Red Cross service for me, my fiance, family and friends. Desserts are various, but I am a bit obsessed with apple pie and canella ice cream. Once I have tried ice cream tasting Parmiggiano Regiano at Avenue 55, so it was like the cherry on the cake of my conviction that this is the best place to eat in Albania and also one of the best of the region in terms of the relationship between quality and price. What can you expect from a place where they use a 10-years old "Graham's Port" for cooking?

A normal lunch or dinner for two with dishes made mostly from imported products and including a good bottle of wine (Casillero del Diablo from Chile or Chianti from Italy) costs less than 60 USD or 50 EURO. The important thing is that there are plenty of special dishes and many kinds of wines to chose from Italy, France, Spain, Chile, US, Australia and even Greece. There are also many other kinds of wine, which are more expensive than my pocket can allow, but still they are not crazily priced as in many restaurants in Tirana.

All in all, I can't wait to go back there each time I can. I think I am being objective when stating that this is the best place to have a food experience in Albania. Other places may offer similar gastronomy, but their prices are crazy and the food quality (rice, for example, which is very important for a successful risotto) is lower. Just go there and try this experience! It's super worthy...

• Visited January 2012