All reviews ski lift desk staff bars and restaurants excellent location outdoor pool self catering min walk steam room apartment gondola skiing spa equipment snow cooker sqm supermarket
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Booked this dirt cheap through a well known online broker, therefore likely one of the most basic units given we only paid about £15 a night for a 1 bed room, others are private and cost more but will also likely be better furnished.

Accommodation is within about a 2 min walk of the gondola, has a ski shop bang next door (we had great service with Ski Mania) and has a small shop on site with the supermarket also a 2 min walk away as are the main bars and restaurants.

The one bed apartments were of good size, clean with daily maid service, comfy bed. Furnishings were basic, of three rooms for example mine did not have a kettle or toaster, however im sure if i'd have asked then one would have been provided. A bulb went in one of the other rooms and a message left for the cleaner had it fixed same day.

Other reviews are correct, the central heating no longer works, or has more likely been turned off to save heating a massive complex. Electric heaters have instead been fitted and it was never cold. The spa complex was also good to say it was a freebee.

If you expect 5 star don't stay here. infact if you fancy five star don't go to Bulgaria! If however you want a great location, good sized rooms and take a few rough edges as part of the charm this accommodation is fine.

The ski area is not really big enough for me to return in the near future, if I did though I would consider staying at the accommodation again.

Room Tip: Stayed in block 7. Good for the spa and bar. Could be a bit noisy with the music on a weekend.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed at Bansko Royal Towers in January 2013 with my husband and two daughters. I booked a one bedroom apartment.
The complex is very well located, close to gondola and old town pedestrian shopping street.
We have an approximately 70 sqm apartment, very nice, very clean and very helpful. Have all the equipment you need: microwave (no oven gas or electric), coffee maker, toaster, all kitchen utensil you need, iron, ironing board, DVD etc.TV in living, large balcony. In contrast, relatively small refrigerator but helped balcony.
The complex has a very nice spa with a large enough pool, saunas etc. I did not eat at the restaurants in the complex.
Like I said, gondola was quite close to the resort.
Unfortunately, one of the bad points is that Bansko has only one point of the gondola down to the resort. So it is quite crowded. From that point the gondola takes approximately 30-40 minutes until the first ski runs. From there, start multiple lines of gondola. Up to this point you can go by car but is also quite crowded, especially in the parking lot, where there are only about 50 parking spaces. So if you do not place, you must wait at barriers to free one. Therefore, no matter where you take it, takes about 1 hour, maybe more, until you get to ski. Otherwise, the slopes are very good and have many features.
Bansko has many restaurants, very welcoming, great food and not too expensive. There are also many shops, most ski equipment and souvenirs. So unless you have a ski suit, definitely find something there are for everyone and for every budget.
There are also many ski schools.
In conclusion, I liked Bansko and especially liked very much to Bansko Royal Towers. Perhaps if we will go in Bansko, we reserve again in this complex.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Just back from a very good trip this is my 6th time in Bansko and I must say it has been my best.
The skiing was good no queues Sunday was a bit bizy but only a bit I must say that this is my 3rd time going this time of year and you have lots of snow to your self the town has got better and there is a lot more there but you can still go to the old part for some charm and the prices are still good value for money.

Bansko royal towers
This is the best place I have stayed in Bansko the rooms are nice and lots of room the complex has a very good spar and is free for all guests to use we stayed in block 5 witch was in a very good local hon close to spar and only 5 min work to the ski lift we booked with www.skiapartment.weebly.com
And got 2 rooms next to each other

Great place great price will be back next year

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We were staying here while skiing for the week and to be honest you couldn't really need much more for somewhere comfortable to sleep. We were up early most days and came back for showers before going back out and for this purpose the hotel was ideal. Close to the Gondola, close to the bars and restaurants. The room was clean and a decent size for 2 people, shower could be a bit cold at some times of the day but usable. Our room was really warm despite the electric heater to replace the radiators and we hardly needed it on at all. Breakfast was great value and worth paying for as opposed to self catering in the mornings. Reception were helpful but rarely needed to visit.

Room Tip: We were in Block 11 which was quiet but possibly had a few drainage issues....
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Only good is the situation and the food.Rooms poorly furnished , no hot water during the day, i never gotta hot shower,Spa nice saunas otherwise small.Place is clean but not very choosy.Bansko ski slopes are not well taken care of 2 days snow and nothin done !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends