“Average”

Ranked #68 of 96 Hotels in Bansko
Skopje
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

We are family with one child (8).We travel at Bansko every winter for a week or two. There are a lot of good hotels in Bansko and we usually change hotels every year just to experience something different. On the first sight Florimont Casino & Spa hotel looks nice and elegant. The hotel has pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, bar, casino, kid corner…We asked for room for three of us, but room was cramped, suitable only for two. There was additional bed, put to the large bed and there was no space to open the terrace door at all. The wardrobe was small, not enough for winter wardrobe for three people. Food was plenty but never warm, only cool food anytime. To park our car on the hotel parking we have to pay 5 EUR per day (hotels where we used to stay have free parking for the hotel guests). Florimont Casino & Spa hotel was our worse choice in Bansko.For a family with a kid I recommend only apartment. I don’t recommend this hotel for skiers; rooms are cramped, it’s far away from Gondola and hotel bus is going only twice a day at morning and twice a day for taking them back. I recommend this hotel for people who come for business, leisure and casino.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Vesna05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Skopje
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

Friendly advice-Don't go there.
I was there for 4 days with my boyfriend and my family. It wasn't my firs time in Bansko. I have been in Kempinski Grand Arena and Katarino Spa Hotel, where I had wonderful time. When we arrived in Florimont hotel & casino & spa in 12 pm, we had to wait till 3 pm to checked in, because the rooms were not cleaned. The parking was charged 9 lv or 4,5 e for 24h, and it was full. We had reservation for 3 apartments and we got 3 different apartments, one huge and very nice with kitchen and bedroom, one smaller without kitchen, and other with kitchen but without shower cabin in the bathroom. There was cable TV and flat screen tv , but no wi-fi. There wasn't hair blower in the rooms! For breakfast and dinner there was long row in front the restaurant, waiting for table. The food was poor and there wasn't any desert. The staff is rood, in the restaurant you can't find waiter to order a drink, they were rood in the SPA too. Our rooms were cleaned only once in three days, in the evening in the second day! The Spa center was nice, but only inside pool with room temperature water. There was a Mehana in the hotel where you can go for lunch. The location of the hotel is not good too, it's far from the ski lifts.
The hotel is new and beautiful, but while the service is not proved I don't recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MacaD85

Travellers are raving about these Bansko hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

Good points: The bar staff. They knew how to treat guests, and in my view they should be promoted to managerial positions.

Bad Points: Dirty, dirty, dirty. Rude staff. Breakfast is cold/stale and dirty. The rooms do not get cleaned properly, and smell.

The hotel refused to give me change after I paid the bill, stating that they had no change.

They also tried to charge me for a whole new mattress, because they found damage to the underside of mine after I had checked out.

They are thieves and charlatans.

Oh- did I mention that it's also THE furthest hotel from the slopes, and the centre of entertainment??

I can recommend other hotels in Bansko, but the integrity of this article will be compromised, and it may be assumed that I have an agenda. My only agenda is to save some other poor soul getting what I got.

If you need further proof, just before checking in, just ask to see the SPA. The dirtiness and the overcrowding will give you a flavour of what is to come. You will then have a chance to run away.

Otherwise, just stand at the reception for 5 minutes, and count the complaints from other guests.

Good luck sleping too, as the Bass from the club downstairs shakes the whole building.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank bakman1809
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

It was one of my worst experiences in a hotel. Also, I think Bansko is a bad choice for a resort to spend your holidays and your money. Everything is kitchy and overpriced with one kf the lowest quality of customer service

• Stayed December 2010